LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

2010 NLCS: Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants (GIANTS WIN THE NLCS!)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Once you get past Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels, the Phillies are very beatable.

-Giants’ 2010 bullpen ERA: 2.99.

-Phillies’ 2010 bullpen ERA: 4.02.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Lincecum vs. Halladay =

You couldn't ask for a better series.

Lincecum vs. Halladay
Cain vs. Oswalt
Sanchez vs. Hamels

That's something all baseball fans can appreciate.

Jesus, I forgot about the #2 & #3 guys. Baserunners are gonna be at a premium in this series.

Giants will probably switch Sanchez and Cain, to alternate lefty, righty, just a hunch.

Wouldn't be surprised either, especially since Sanchez has shown to be better on the road compared to Cain on the road. Also, Cain seems to enjoy having the home crowd, while Sanchez has all of the sudden shown up had the "clutch" gene show up outta nowhere.

Also, I like the Oswalt vs Sanchez idea, two strikeout arms, but the lefty vs righty matchup sound sweet

This clearly is THE matchup of the playoffs, whoever wins this series will definitely have the inside track towards the WS b/c none of the AL pitching staffs are as deep in relief and overall starts as either the phillies or giants
We already knew what Timmy and Cain were gonna bring this season. Sanchez has become a man before our very eyes, especially in the last couple of months.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Phils are probably the best team in the league right now. It's gonna take a miracle for the Giants to pull this one out.

After seeing the NY Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots in the SuperBowl I do believe that anything can happen in sports. We are heavy underdogs for sure but ready to shock the world!

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Giants took it to the Phils. I am just being realistic. Best of luck to the Giants.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
F*CK YEAH!!!

GO GIANTS!!

this. Man, this pitching matup is going to be history man...serious, epic pitching.

GO G's!!!!
Lincecum vs. Halladay =

Lincecum vs. Halladay
Cain vs. Oswalt
Sanchez vs. Hamels

Jesus, I forgot about the #2 & #3 guys. Baserunners are gonna be at a premium in this series.

Giants will probably switch Sanchez and Cain, to alternate lefty, righty, just a hunch.

I would have thought so the last series but they didn't either. I'm almost positive it will go Lince/Cain/Sanchez.
And let me get this straight, how are there Phillies fans in this forum? I couldn't even imagine the stories behind that.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

That s**t was hilarious! Mainly because right before they cut to him, it was looking like the lamest celebration in sports history, and then BLAM! B-Weezy celebrating like it was the greatest triumph in sports history.
GINATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincecum vs. Halladay =

Lincecum vs. Halladay
Cain vs. Oswalt
Sanchez vs. Hamels

exactly.

Lincecum and Sanchez have both pitched 2 strong starts at Citizens Bank Park, and Cain has gotten hammered there. i say go righty/lefty, throwing our 2 hottest pitchers with good history against Philly, and then let Cain come home vs. Hamels where his underwhelming numbers against the Phils can be disguised by AT&T.

Originally posted by NJNiner:
Phils are probably the best team in the league right now. It's gonna take a miracle for the Giants to pull this one out.

Taking out the Phillies would be an upset for sure, but it won't take a 1980 Olympic Hockey type miracle. It's will take the Giants pitching holding firm and many more timely hits than we got against the Braves . . . because unlike the Braves, the Phillies can play defense.

We can do this!
Originally posted by kidash:
GINATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, bringing back the Ginats!

I so forgot.

GO GINATS!!!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

That s**t was hilarious! Mainly because right before they cut to him, it was looking like the lamest celebration in sports history, and then BLAM! B-Weezy celebrating like it was the greatest triumph in sports history.

I was thinking the same thing. Bunch of wild and wet dudes and no p***y. But Jaymee Sire was there and she got doused with the beer. That chick would get the caulk...

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I was thinking the same thing. Bunch of wild and wet dudes and no p***y. But Jaymee Sire was there and she got doused with the beer. That chick would get the caulk...

She has a weird nose - like it's got double nostrils the way fat dudes have double chins.

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Oct 12, 2010 at 14:28:32 ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
And let me get this straight, how are there Phillies fans in this forum? I couldn't even imagine the stories behind that.

I live in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area and I'm a Phillies fan. They are the only "hometown" team that I am a fan of.

[ Edited by PTulini on Oct 12, 2010 at 14:37:42 ]
Share 49ersWebzone