LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Coffee Retires?

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
So your goal is to get me banned for a joke ?

YOU made the comment, and when YOU signed up for this site YOU agreed to the rules. So if YOU get warned or banned that's on YOU not on me.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Gelder:
Glen Coffee retired over religion..

Oh, great reason to retire! Now you're going to heaven Glen!

No, he did not say that, nor did he imply that. He only said that he realized his heart was no longer in playing football. The religious component was that he indicated he had prayed about the fact he had hurt the 49er franchise by entering the draft in the first place when he knew he wasn't fully committed. Once drafted he gave it his full-time focus but came to the point he could no longer do that. IOW, he resigned from a job he took straight out of college but realized it was not a good fit. He is a citizen that has that right.
Originally posted by dj43:

No, he did not say that, nor did he imply that. He only said that he realized his heart was no longer in playing football. The religious component was that he indicated he had prayed about the fact he had hurt the 49er franchise by entering the draft in the first place when he knew he wasn't fully committed. Once drafted he gave it his full-time focus but came to the point he could no longer do that. IOW, he resigned from a job he took straight out of college but realized it was not a good fit. He is a citizen that has that right.

way to ruin the joke
  • dj43
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by dj43:

way to ruin the joke
No, no, no. I won't participate in another "joke" discussion. You can't make me.
Coffee is retarded.
Being a Christian myself, i totally understand his decision making. His relationship with God is his #1 priority and if God is leading him to do something else than so be it.

Like Singletary said, no point in having him on the field if his heart isn't in the game.
Originally posted by fister30:
Coffee is retarded.

Not really. If his relationship with god or his faith is telling him to do something else he should do it. Sure there's millions of dollars involved in football and pro sports and fans have a right to be dissapointed but it's his life and all it really is is hitting other guys and tossing an oval shaped ball around, there's more important stuff out there. It's important to us but he might have more important things to do for himself.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:

haha thats classic

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by KRS-1:

YOU made the comment, and when YOU signed up for this site YOU agreed to the rules. So if YOU get warned or banned that's on YOU not on me.

I never said I didn't make the comment. If I get warned or banned for then so be it.

Its God's will....................

[ Edited by susweel on Aug 14, 2010 at 20:38:21 ]

I never said I didn't make the comment. If I get warned or banned for then so be it.

this silly debate is still going?!

[ Edited by NinerGod on Aug 14, 2010 at 20:36:21 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerGod:

please end this debate you are our God
Absolutely f**king classic! Some things never change!!!
Originally posted by NinerGod:

please end this debate you are our God

this one seems to be out of even my hands.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersinMaryland:
Being a Christian myself, i totally understand his decision making. His relationship with God is his #1 priority and if God is leading him to do something else than so be it.

Like Singletary said, no point in having him on the field if his heart isn't in the game.

Share 49ersWebzone