There are 210 users in the forums

NBA Finals Boston vs Lakers

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
I hate the NBA.

I'd rather watch bowling than Lakers/Celtics in the finals.

you must have watched a lot of bowling in June

Well I hate both, so I watched Mad Men instead.

But if I had to choose between watching bowling or Lakers/Celtics, I'd choose bowling.

You should be a Kings fan

Yeah, a whole lotta joy in that.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I hate the NBA.

But if I had to choose between watching bowling or Lakers/Celtics, I'd choose bowling.

It's called rebuilding broseph, your team should try it some time.

No actually I really do wish your team would try it some time
I hate the NBA.

It's called rebuilding broseph, your team should try it some time.

No actually I really do wish your team would try it some time

That was pretty funny.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I couldn't beleive when I heard yesterday that only 8 teams have won a championship in the last 30 years. That's unbeleivable and makes for fairly uncaptivating sports, IMO. It's got to be the only sport where at the begininnig of almost every year you know there's really only about 4 teams that will win. I say that as a fan of one of the 8, makes me wonder how fans of the other 20 something even bother?
Originally posted by TX9R:
I couldn't beleive when I heard yesterday that only 8 teams have won a championship in the last 30 years. That's unbeleivable and makes for fairly uncaptivating sports, IMO. It's got to be the only sport where at the begininnig of almost every year you know there's really only about 4 teams that will win. I say that as a fan of one of the 8, makes me wonder how fans of the other 20 something even bother?

That's because the top players have a greater affect on the win totals of their teams and then include the top 2 or 3 players also getting favorable calls sets up for a higher probability of the same teams making it to the Conference Championships year after year.

Lakers = 9

Bulls = 6

Spurs = 4* ( * 1 = strike shortened season, big time asterisk)

Celtics = 4

Pistons = 3

Rockets = 2

Sixers = 1

Heat = 1
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM ]

Lakers = 9**
(* Refs handed the Kings series to LA)

Bulls = 6

Spurs = 4* ( * 1 = strike shortened season, big time asterisk)

Celtics = 4

Pistons = 3

Rockets = 2

Sixers = 1

Heat = 1
[ Edited by Joecool on May 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM ]
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on May 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

I don't consider the spurs or the redskins strike shortened titles legit.
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

Spurs still earned that one without anyone babying them. Can't say the same for Kings/Lakers series.

Originally posted by Joecool:
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

Spurs still earned that one without anyone babying them. Can't say the same for Kings/Lakers series.

The Lakers got their fair share of getting jobbed in that series. Go look at the number the refs did on Game 5. Or is your memory, like many kings fans, so selective that you think Shaq in his prime would only earn 1 FT the entire game, let alone the no call on Jackson on the final play.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

The Lakers got their fair share of getting jobbed in that series. Go look at the number the refs did on Game 5. Or is your memory, like many kings fans, so selective that you think Shaq in his prime would only earn 1 FT the entire game, let alone the no call on Jackson on the final play.

Everyone gets no calls on final plays. As for Shaq, I'm sure he never charged on occasion and got away with it a number of times.

He would have missed the free throws either way.

Still no comparison to the fabulous game 6 job by the refs that gave the win as that game wouldn't have even been close. Major asterisk.

Lakers fan adding a asterisk to another team for a reason why they won is too funny.
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

Everyone gets no calls on final plays. As for Shaq, I'm sure he never charged on occasion and got away with it a number of times.

Still no comparison to the fabulous game 6 job by the refs that gave the win as that game wouldn't have even been close. Major asterisk.

Lakers fan adding a asterisk to another team for a reason why they won is too funny.

But only playing 50 games in a season is a legit title?
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

Shaq fouled out as well.
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

But only playing 50 games in a season is a legit title?

That says more about the Lakers and the other teams than it does about the Spurs.
Share 49ersWebzone