LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

NBA Finals Boston vs Lakers

Man, I sure hope it's the Lakers and Celtics. The buildup between Stoney and LA is going to be good. Of course, no crossing the rules line, but it's going to be fun.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
LMAO@ Big time asterisk

I don't consider the spurs or the redskins strike shortened titles legit.

Spurs still earned that one without anyone babying them. Can't say the same for Kings/Lakers series.

The Lakers got their fair share of getting jobbed in that series. Go look at the number the refs did on Game 5. Or is your memory, like many kings fans, so selective that you think Shaq in his prime would only earn 1 FT the entire game, let alone the no call on Jackson on the final play.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Everyone gets no calls on final plays. As for Shaq, I'm sure he never charged on occasion and got away with it a number of times.

He would have missed the free throws either way.

Still no comparison to the fabulous game 6 job by the refs that gave the win as that game wouldn't have even been close. Major asterisk.

Lakers fan adding a asterisk to another team for a reason why they won is too funny.

But only playing 50 games in a season is a legit title?

That says more about the Lakers and the other teams than it does about the Spurs.

I......don't...............what?
I will start the appropriate trash talk at the appropriate time. I still believe that the Magic has the type of team
that could win and then this thread will be a joke. I do not declare victory until the white flag is up and the opponent is out of chances. From my math both Orlando and Pgoenix has 2 more chances
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its gonna be epic.
Ya know where the '99 title doesn't have an asterisk? Everywhere that matters.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Ya know where the '99 title doesn't have an asterisk? Everywhere that matters.

I honestly don't see how a 50 game season title doesn't have an asterisk. This is undeniable. Just like how the refs dirtied up the 2002 WCF. I have no problem as a Laker fan admitting they played a part in that series. Of course, they played their part for the kings, as well as against them, but still. Undeniable.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
I still think the Celtics hold a slight edge over the Lakers. Can't wait!!!!
Originally posted by SLICK:

The Lakers are the better team but the Celtics are playing really good right now. Its gonna be one hell of a series hopefully it goes 7

I'd disagree, but that's to be expected.

Artest will be the difference. As Pete said a few days ago, the injured Ariza/Rodmonavich/Walton combo at SF during the Finals 2 years ago has been improved.

Of course you think that lol you are a Celtics fan.

• SLICK
  • Veteran

Artest will be the difference. As Pete said a few days ago, the injured Ariza/Rodmonavich/Walton combo at SF during the Finals 2 years ago has been improved.

And while I agree, I think we also can agree that Rondo is playing at a MUCH higher level than he was 2 years ago. Same with Ray Allen, who couldn't buy a shot the entire 2008 Playoffs. Sheed, who seems to finally playing some D is a mismatch off the bench. I like the fact that Kobe is going to have to play D, and face 3 decent defenders in Pierce, Ray Allen, and then Tony Allen.

The one thing I think that could factor in is the fact that this is it for this Celtic team. They know that the chances are pretty good that they're not all gonna get here again. Allen is a FA, Pierce has an opt out next year. I think the Big 3 will come to play and rally around one another to play at an even higher level.

And while I agree, I think we also can agree that Rondo is playing at a MUCH higher level than he was 2 years ago. Same with Ray Allen, who couldn't buy a shot the entire 2008 Playoffs. Sheed, who seems to finally playing some D is a mismatch off the bench. I like the fact that Kobe is going to have to play D, and face 3 decent defenders in Pierce, Ray Allen, and then Tony Allen.

The one thing I think that could factor in is the fact that this is it for this Celtic team. They know that the chances are pretty good that they're not all gonna get here again. Allen is a FA, Pierce has an opt out next year. I think the Big 3 will come to play and rally around one another to play at an even higher level.

I just don't see it happening like that, but hey, I'm biased. Also don't forget who has HCA this time.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

I just don't see it happening like that, but hey, I'm biased. Also don't forget who has HCA this time.

Yeah I dont think home court matters that much. 2 veteran teams. I think either team can win on the others floor.

Yeah I dont think home court matters that much. 2 veteran teams. I think either team can win on the others floor.

Uhh.....no. Home court matters, brah. Vet teams or not. HCA matters. That's why they call it an "ADVANTAGE".

Uhh.....no. Home court matters, brah. Vet teams or not. HCA matters. That's why they call it an "ADVANTAGE".

the celtics seem to have no problem winning on the road, so i'm not really sure its that much of an "advantage."
Share 49ersWebzone