LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

***Orlando Magic Offseason Thread***

The Hornets aren't going to trade Paul without putting Okafor in the deal as well.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
The Hornets aren't going to trade Paul without putting Okafor in the deal as well.

I wouldn't mind Okafor. Especially if we trade Gortat. He can play the 4 and 5. Don't know if Orlando can afford his contract though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I heard that as well..but also heard West wants out if New Orleans is in rebuilding mode.

Don't wanna see Nelson go...but CP3 and Okafor for Nelson and Carter is a pretty good deal for Orlando.

Paul
Redick
Rashard
Okafor
Howard
CP3 and Okafor for Vince, Jameer, Bass, and 2 future 1sts methinks.

And I would most certainly think you guys would try to find a 3rd team to take on Gortat.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jul 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
CP3 and Okafor for Vince, Jameer, Bass, and 2 future 1sts methinks.

And I would most certainly think you guys would try to find a 3rd team to take on Gortat.

Gortat and part of Okafor's contract.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Circumstances Make Paul To Magic Unlikely

The Magic might be on Chris Paul's wish list, but they don't sound very confident of landing him in the near future.

Orlando isn't convinced that New Orleans will be forced into trading Paul and they aren't keen on taking on the contract of center Emeka Okafor.

"Much ado about nothing," is how Magic coach Stan Van Gundy Saturday described the reports of his team being linked to Paul.

"We are only involved in this story because someone said he wants to be traded and someone said he wants to come to Orlando," Van Gundy told FanHouse Sunday. "It's a New Orleans and Chris Paul story."

Magic general manager Otis Smith dismissed the reports as "rumors."

Yeah, CP3-Oh isn't going anywhere without Okafor's fat contract; and as a team that's in need a PF, I woudn't mind seeing it

(Though we lost any realistic, if not near impossible, chance of landing CP3-Oh the minute we traded Barbosa)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Magic, Knicks Atop Melo's Wish List

According to a source familiar with his strategy, Carmelo Anthony would accept a trade to multiple teams and the Magic and Knicks are at the top of his wish list.

Anthony's plan to leave Denver this off-season went into motion last week while Anthony was in New York for a Nike event.

According to the source, the Nuggets were advised to begin exploring trades for Anthony since he intends to leave the team as a free agent next summer.

PG - Nelson
SG - Carter
SF - Anthony
PF - Lewis
C - Howard

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68739/20100817/magic_knicks_atop_melos_wish_list/#ixzz0wuDQ6Eto

• Dino
  • Veteran
I'd rather trade VC and have Redick start.

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - J.J. Redick
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard
Originally posted by jrg:
Magic, Knicks Atop Melo's Wish List

According to a source familiar with his strategy, Carmelo Anthony would accept a trade to multiple teams and the Magic and Knicks are at the top of his wish list.

Anthony's plan to leave Denver this off-season went into motion last week while Anthony was in New York for a Nike event.

According to the source, the Nuggets were advised to begin exploring trades for Anthony since he intends to leave the team as a free agent next summer.

PG - Nelson
SG - Carter
SF - Anthony
PF - Lewis
C - Howard

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68739/20100817/magic_knicks_atop_melos_wish_list/#ixzz0wuDQ6Eto

LOL, you guys wouldnt keep Carter if you traded for Melo
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
you guys wouldnt keep Carter if you traded for Melo

this
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by valrod33:
you guys wouldnt keep Carter if you traded for Melo

this