LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

All TIME MLB Draft: BirdmanJr is UP. Fincham11 is ON DECK

Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
there are a couple of top teners left....I'll give ya that

I sure hope so since there have only been 8 picks.

Im glad someone picked up on that
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm pleasantly surprised that this draft hasn't devolved into a meaningless steroid debate yet, like 90% of historical baseball discussions. Let's keep it up.

[ Edited by crzy on Apr 8, 2010 at 14:03:05 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Originally posted by crzy:
I'm pleasantly surprised that this draft hasn't devolved into a meaningless steroid debate yet, like 90% of historical baseball discussions. Let's keep it up.

This draft is making me more interested in baseball than I have been in the last 5 years. I actually read the box scores in the paper this morning for the first time in YEARS. I used to clip them out when I was about 8-9 years old.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

This draft is making me more interested in baseball than I have been in the last 5 years. I actually read the box scores in the paper this morning for the first time in YEARS. I used to clip them out when I was about 8-9 years old.

3-0 Gigantes!!!
I know Im not in this but I think Mays should have gone first, not cuz I'm a Giants homer, but because of defensive considerations. Never has there been such a tremendous talent on both sides of the field. Then Ruth and Bonds you can debate all you want with roids etc. Both are acceptable. Williams comes in right after and to top off my thoughts I think Dino got Joe D as a STEAL because I would put him right after Williams.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You can make a valid argument for Ruth, Mays, Bonds, or Ted Williams going first.

Remember, you're only picking each a "single-season" for each player, not a career.

3-0 Gigantes!!!

Our pitching staff pwns!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

3-0 Gigantes!!!

Our pitching staff pwns!

FUK YEAH!!!!!!!

ATG obviously taking some time to consider who he's drafting......
Sorry....I've been busy the whole day.

The Expos draft Jimmie Foxx 1B, one of the best pure hitters of all time.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

RBI machine, IIRC.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

RBI machine, IIRC.

I considered Pujols here, but I couldn't ignore Jimmie Fox's all around beastliness.
Share 49ersWebzone