There are 233 users in the forums

All TIME MLB Draft: BirdmanJr is UP. Fincham11 is ON DECK

Originally posted by crzy:
You can make a valid argument for Ruth, Mays, Bonds, or Ted Williams going first.

Remember, you're only picking each a "single-season" for each player, not a career.

That is why Gehrig in 1927 would also have to be part of that discussion as well.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by dman:
Any idea how the sim looks at different eras?

Is a guy from the 19th century going to have his stats looked at differently?

Thats exactly what I was about to ask....anybody know the answer??

I was going to keep this under wraps, but if you take a look at some of the WhatIf ratings, I think the pitching is completely out of whack. Guys from way back with their insane statistics are valued much higher than pitching stars of our era.

The hitting is more balanced.

Yeah, all of the top pitchers are from 1880-1900.

That's very disappointing
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You can make a valid argument for Ruth, Mays, Bonds, or Ted Williams going first.

Remember, you're only picking each a "single-season" for each player, not a career.

That is why Gehrig in 1927 would also have to be part of that discussion as well.

Woah I did not know this....could someone list me the age where the rules are listed on?
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by dman:
Any idea how the sim looks at different eras?

Is a guy from the 19th century going to have his stats looked at differently?

Thats exactly what I was about to ask....anybody know the answer??

I was going to keep this under wraps, but if you take a look at some of the WhatIf ratings, I think the pitching is completely out of whack. Guys from way back with their insane statistics are valued much higher than pitching stars of our era.

The hitting is more balanced.

You're on the clock.

Which isn't even the best single season performance of all time IMO. There are a couple other lesser-known players that killed it for a year or two and didn't have nearly as good overall careers.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Which isn't even the best single season performance of all time IMO. There are a couple other lesser-known players that killed it for a year or two and didn't have nearly as good overall careers.

Didnt say it was the best of all time but I would say that its absolutely top 5 all time for a single year. Dont know too many that combine a .373 BA with 175 rbi.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Didnt say it was the best of all time but I would say that its absolutely top 5 all time for a single year. Dont know too many that combine a .373 BA with 175 rbi.

Haha, it's so hard to do any debating in this thread. I can't even drop statistics or people will know who it is!

But yes, you're right, definitely top five for sure.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 8, 2010 at 18:03:22 ]
Ughh I wanted a lower pick in the draft. I don't think the guy I want will be available at the next pick.
Im going with a pitcher

Walter Johnson
^Good pick.

With the 14th pick, the Cleveland Indians select...

Mickey Mantle, outfielder from Oklahoma

The Mick...an incredible talent. A switch-hitter who excelled at the plate and a gold-glover in the field. Some of the more impressive numbers...

* Best Season: 1956 - .353, 52 HR, 130 RBI
* 16th all-time in home runs (536)
* 20-time All-Star and 3-time MVP

Mantle will hit either #3 or #4 for me when all is said and done.

Cleveland Indians
OF - Mickey Mantle
^Good pick.

I was going to go with someone else. But I learned my lesson already in the NBA All Time Draft...I think...
^Good pick.

I was going to go with someone else. But I learned my lesson already in the NBA All Time Draft...I think...

LOL. What lesson do you mean?

FWIW, I think Johnson's a great pick any way you slice it. He's considered by many baseball historians to be the best pitcher ever. That's who I was gonna take.
^Good pick.

FWIW, I think Johnson's a great pick any way you slice it. He's considered by many baseball historians to be the best pitcher ever. That's who I was gonna take.

I never did any research on Whatifsports prior to All Time NBA Draft. As you can tell my team stinks.
After some research prior to this Draft I think I will be in better shape.
Robert Parish 1st pick, wow that was almost as awful as the Dirk pick. Oh well....live and learn.
^Good pick.

I never did any research on Whatifsports prior to All Time NBA Draft. As you can tell my team stinks.
After some research prior to this Draft I think I will be in better shape.
Robert Parish 1st pick, wow that was almost as awful as the Dirk pick. Oh well....live and learn.

I hear ya. Well, you're off to a good start in this one, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone