LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Any Cricket fans around here?

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Not really a cricket fan but I'll always root for my country. Go Pakistan!!!

What city of Pakistan are you from?

screw that
go india

I'm from Karachi.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Pakistan in Semis, they play winner of heavy-weights India vs. Australia.

Pakistan vs. India semis will be effing epic, though I think Australia will edge out India.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I agree, the English test team is pretty good, but the true test will be this summer when India tours England. India's test team is at the top right now. Australia is the opposite of England - really good one-day team and an okay test team.

I expect England to beat India in England, home conditions in a test series provide a huge advantage. It is a little late in the summer so the pitches should be dry but I still fancy England, India are a very good side though.

Pakistan vs. India semis will be effing epic, though I think Australia will edge out India.

If India play well they will beat the Aussies and I'd expect either of those to beat Pakistan (too inconsistent). Sadly, SL v SA in other semi

[ Edited by redrose49er on Mar 23, 2011 at 13:19:48 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrose49er:
I agree, the English test team is pretty good, but the true test will be this summer when India tours England. India's test team is at the top right now. Australia is the opposite of England - really good one-day team and an okay test team.

I expect England to beat India in England, home conditions in a test series provide a huge advantage. It is a little late in the summer so the pitches should be dry but I still fancy England, India are a very good side though.

If India play well they will beat the Aussies and I'd expect either of those to beat Pakistan (too inconsistent). Sadly, SL v SA in other semi

India has well in English conditions lately - and IMO Zaheer Khan is one of the best bowlers in the World in English conditions. He can swing the ball both ways and has exceptional command from over and around the wicket. I expect a 1-1 tie, and won't be surprised if India wins the series. India tied the series in SA - and they never do well there.

As for India - Australia QF tonight - it should be a close one IMO. India has played very poorly towards the end of their innings - should have posted a total of 360+ against England (that resulted in a tie) and should have posted 375+ against SA which resulted in a last over loss. I don't think they will get a great start against Aussie bowlers and with their low order struggling - I don't know if they can beat Aussies. Sehwag is also questionable - which will be a huge loss if he can't play.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
India knocks out Australia....

INDIA vs. PAKISTAN in Semi-Finals...!!! HOLY s**t
India knocks out Australia....

INDIA vs. PAKISTAN in Semi-Finals...!!! HOLY s**t

Dude, I know! Me and my dad are f**king pumped! We both know that Pakistan are underdogs in this game, given the fact that India has a very strong batting lineup PLUS the fact that it's gonna be in India....but IDGAF.

f**king pumped! I bleed red and gold, only after I bleed green and white!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Not really a cricket fan but I'll always root for my country. Go Pakistan!!!

What city of Pakistan are you from?

screw that
go india

I'm from Karachi.

Yup, same here.
Well Australia got knocked out and the Australian media is going nuts. Several figureheads are calling for Ponting's head and for Clarke to be named Captain. It's really a changing of the guard now in international cricket. For so long Australia has reigned at the top but once the Waugh brothers, McGrath and Warney all retired at once, you knew the end was coming near. There also doesn't seem to be too much young talent in the wings either.

India v. Pakistan is going to be huge. Easily one of the headliners of the tournament. There will be blood! I'll be seeing if I can stream this one somewhere. Does anyone know what time the game may be on?

Sri Lanka v. New Zealand anyone?

Oh, and I really like this quote:
God is in for a tricky week. Buddhists and Christians on Tuesday, Hindus and Muslims on Wednesday, will all have conflicting requests.

-9fA
I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Ponting has resigned his captaincy in both the test and one-day sides to Clarke. Clarke will now lead both sides. There are going to be some awkward moments in the locker room since Ponting is still remaining with the team.

On another note, Sri Lanka in the finals!

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Ponting has resigned his captaincy in both the test and one-day sides to Clarke. Clarke will now lead both sides. There are going to be some awkward moments in the locker room since Ponting is still remaining with the team.

-9fA

Shame for Punter, great career, but as a Pom, great to see the Aussies struggling for a change

-9fA

Shame for Punter, great career, but as a Pom, great to see the Aussies struggling for a change

This is clearly English, and yet I understand none of it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

-9fA

Cricket makes me feel stupid.

I watched a ton of highlights on youtube and I've never been more confused in my life.

And I've taken complicated quantum mechanics courses.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

-9fA

I watched a ton of highlights on youtube and I've never been more confused in my life.

It's a sport within a sport inside a baseball diamond within a sport!!!

Dooo doooo doooo dooooo doooo doooo doooo dooo
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

-9fA

Just like most sports - you're gonna have to watch a few games to understand it. It took me 2 full games to understand it. Only after playing a bit, I fully understood the game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sri Lanka made 274 in the final. India lost an early wicket - Sachin Tendulkar is batting...he will have to play well for India to have a chance.
Share 49ersWebzone