LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

Any Cricket fans around here?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Last night...what a hammering. Couldn't believe it - New Zealand smacked 90 runs in the lat 4 overs...Ross Taylor doing it almost all of it by himself.

Taylor went nuts.

The bowlers were did themselves a disservice in bowling full tosses. I even saw a ball that was full and wide.

-9fA

Yea, quite a few full-tosses. Were tryin' to go for yorkers, and didn't come off right. Taylor then started hittin' length balls for sixes and fours too. This was Ross Taylor from a year ago.
reading this thread is like reading a different language.
Last night...what a hammering. Couldn't believe it - New Zealand smacked 90 runs in the lat 4 overs...Ross Taylor doing it almost all of it by himself.

Taylor went nuts.

The bowlers were did themselves a disservice in bowling full tosses. I even saw a ball that was full and wide.

-9fA

I'm Pakistani, and I was so f**king pissed watching this game. I woke up at 1 in the morning to watch this game.

Pakistan's wicketkeeper is a piece of s**t too.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Taylor went nuts.

-9fA

I'm Pakistani, and I was so f**king pissed watching this game. I woke up at 1 in the morning to watch this game.

The dude needs to get his ass kicked in the locker room. How do you drop Ross Taylor twice??? I couldn't believe what NZ did in the last 5-6 overs, I don't think I've ever seen anythin' like it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Yea, terminology is very different. Yorkers, googly, stumps, wickets, and let's not even get into field positions and shots like cover-drive, square-cut, etc.

Yea, terminology is very different. Yorkers, googly, stumps, wickets, and let's not even get into field positions and shots like cover-drive, square-cut, etc.

ha, exactly. its an interesting sport, but, because of the terminology (and other things) it seems very dense, in terms of getting involved.

ha, exactly. its an interesting sport, but, because of the terminology (and other things) it seems very dense, in terms of getting involved.

Actually, not really. I don't really like baseball, mainly because of how boring it is, but I'm sure it has a ton of terminology and things to learn to enjoy the sport.

Same with football. I think football has the most stuff a new fan must learn to understand the game. Too many different positions, plays, rules, concepts, etc to understand in order to actually know what the f**k is going on for the new fan.

Taylor went nuts.

-9fA

The dude needs to get his ass kicked in the locker room. How do you drop Ross Taylor twice??? I couldn't believe what NZ did in the last 5-6 overs, I don't think I've ever seen anythin' like it.

Are you Pakistani? I heard that he has sources within the government of Pakistan and that is why he got a spot on the team.

Actually, not really. I don't really like baseball, mainly because of how boring it is, but I'm sure it has a ton of terminology and things to learn to enjoy the sport.

Same with football. I think football has the most stuff a new fan must learn to understand the game. Too many different positions, plays, rules, concepts, etc to understand in order to actually know what the f**k is going on for the new fan.

good point about football. i'm a pretty casual baseball fan, so whatever cricket has in common with it is kind of lost on me.

good point about football. i'm a pretty casual baseball fan, so whatever cricket has in common with it is kind of lost on me.

Cricket is definitely much more exciting and fast paced than baseball.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Taylor went nuts.

-9fA

Are you Pakistani? I heard that he has sources within the government of Pakistan and that is why he got a spot on the team.

No, I'm not. I didn't start seriously following cricket till few years back when I had to go to London, and then India for work. I really enjoyed watching it and playing it with co-workers.

I usually support India (ppl are nuts about cricket there, and my co-workers took me to a game for the first time) and New Zealand (like the all black unis).

I like Pakistan's team too - they're always fun to watch because they are so unpredictable. I was upset when I found out Aamir (the 18 year old opening bowler) got involved in match-fixing. I really liked watching him bowl, he was on of my favorite bowlers playin' these days. Wasim Akram is my favorite bowler of all time. I never watched him live in a match, but watched some old games of his, and youtube videos - AMAZING. Sachin is my favorite batsman...can't believe he is still playing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea, just like any sport - you gotta watch it and play it to really understand everything. A lot of people who didn't like cricket before are now gettin' to know the game because they introduced new format - 20/20 - basically a shorter version of the game. That one is more entertaining, because it lasts less than 3 hours, it's super fast paced - and requires least amount of strategy - so even 70 year ladies can understand it. But yea, you gotta watch it a few times - it's easy to understand.

I agree, football is the most difficult sport to explain it to anyone, but again - if you watch it often and listen to the commentators - anyone can pick up the basics fairly quickly. Same with cricket.
damn that was a sick game too...

go South Africa

Taylor went nuts.

-9fA

No, I'm not. I didn't start seriously following cricket till few years back when I had to go to London, and then India for work. I really enjoyed watching it and playing it with co-workers.

I usually support India (ppl are nuts about cricket there, and my co-workers took me to a game for the first time) and New Zealand (like the all black unis).

I like Pakistan's team too - they're always fun to watch because they are so unpredictable. I was upset when I found out Aamir (the 18 year old opening bowler) got involved in match-fixing. I really liked watching him bowl, he was on of my favorite bowlers playin' these days. Wasim Akram is my favorite bowler of all time. I never watched him live in a match, but watched some old games of his, and youtube videos - AMAZING. Sachin is my favorite batsman...can't believe he is still playing.

Yeah, I hadn't seen cricket for almost 11 years prior to watching the world cup this year, but I still understand the game.

You are correct. Pakistan is very inconsistent and unpredictable. One match, they will play as if they are unstoppable and championship caliber, and the next, they will look like utter s**t. The team is also very corrupt; way too many match fixing and spot betting scandals. My favorite bowler of all time is also Akram. Mushtaq is a second.
Share 49ersWebzone