LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 350 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

Tech's number one recruit. The guy who turned down Florida said he will stick with tech as long as we stick to the spread. Tech's top recruit for 2011 one of the top wr in the country said he will stick with tech as long as his position coach is still there.
So much that ESPN is leaving out.

Adam did not immediately report his condition, but appeared at practice with SUNGLASSES on because the light affected him, causing headaches. Leach immediately had him go inside to the "electrical closet" (a room bigger than most efficiency apartments) and posted guards (2 trainers and a member of the coaching staff), to watch his condition so that he did not go to sleep and to provide him with ice for his injury.

Current players (backup and practice players) are voicing their support of james and saying negative things about Leach. They fail to mention that all of these players were upset that they were not getting the playing time they felt that they should be getting.

The only people that have voiced public support for Leach are former players and coaches. That tells me that current players/coaches have seen what happened to the HC and realize that speaking on his behalf wouuld be detrimental to their future with the school.

The private feud that Gerald meyers and Leach were having. The same fued that caused Meyers not to want to give Leach a new contract last year, but after the season that TT had would have caused this town to erupt.

James was seen by a doctor that supported Leach's treatment on James, saying that the treatment was in the best interest of the players health.

That Adam's daddy was a "hovering" father that was constantly contacting Leach about his sons playing time. Then something like this happens and they don't contact Leach at all, instead going straight to the school.

Too much crap going on, to much one sided reporting by ESPN. Daddy James and his little boy got their revenge on Leach, and Gerald Meyers got his wish to fire Leach.

It's truly sad that the only ones that are going to suffer from this are the fans of TT football. The school is going to loose the coach that was making the program respectable and the fans are going to watch a program on the rise go back to the dark ages. All because of a prideful athletic director and a daddy that seems to think his son is a great player.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:

Adam did not immediately report his condition, but appeared at practice with SUNGLASSES on because the light affected him, causing headaches. Leach immediately had him go inside to the "electrical closet" (a room bigger than most efficiency apartments) and posted guards (2 trainers and a member of the coaching staff), to watch his condition so that he did not go to sleep and to provide him with ice for his injury.

Current players (backup and practice players) are voicing their support of james and saying negative things about Leach. They fail to mention that all of these players were upset that they were not getting the playing time they felt that they should be getting.

The only people that have voiced public support for Leach are former players and coaches. That tells me that current players/coaches have seen what happened to the HC and realize that speaking on his behalf wouuld be detrimental to their future with the school.

The private feud that Gerald meyers and Leach were having. The same fued that caused Meyers not to want to give Leach a new contract last year, but after the season that TT had would have caused this town to erupt.

James was seen by a doctor that supported Leach's treatment on James, saying that the treatment was in the best interest of the players health.

That Adam's daddy was a "hovering" father that was constantly contacting Leach about his sons playing time. Then something like this happens and they don't contact Leach at all, instead going straight to the school.

Too much crap going on, to much one sided reporting by ESPN. Daddy James and his little boy got their revenge on Leach, and Gerald Meyers got his wish to fire Leach.

It's truly sad that the only ones that are going to suffer from this are the fans of TT football. The school is going to loose the coach that was making the program respectable and the fans are going to watch a program on the rise go back to the dark ages. All because of a prideful athletic director and a daddy that seems to think his son is a great player.
Originally posted by joey82:
He was never locked anywhere. He was told to stay put and had people watching him to make sure he was still there and doing ok.

Now I did hear a rumor that Leach said if he left he was kicked off the team but he was never locked anywhere.

Here is something you won't see on ESPN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Q_5nYwWLU

holly shiite. when 1st heard of the "shed" and the "electrical room" I thought that Mike Leach was messed up for choosing such places. I did not fault him of his actions from what I've learned over the years in Cell Bio, Anatomy, Physiology and Micr Bio courses of how human body fucntions to certain stimulus. but after watching this video I now have formed a personal opinion that AJ is a biatch. and that the TT Adminstration had personal vendetta against Leach and were looking a way out of their contract with ML. Personally(and this is just my own personal belief) I think ML became bigger than the TT Persident in the Lubbock area. he had to go and this was the straw that broke the camel back.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by crzy:
This is the same coach that made that fat girlfriends comment and backed Mangino.

He always came off as an arrogant a*****e to me.

Oh no, he made a mean comment!!

Leach has the highest graduation rate and the lowest crime rate among players in the Big XII. You're way off in questioning his character.

Bobby Knight also had high graduation rates while choking his players, so that stat doesn't mean much to me.

Well whenever droves of players come forward and talk about how Leach treated them so bad, feel free to talk about how he deserved to be fired.

But that hasn't happened, and it won't happen. In fact, the opposite is happening, and we have former players coming forward to defend Leach's character and how he treated his players.

I believe there have been quite a few players that have come out and said they're happy he's gone. Then again, when you have that many players, there are sure to be some that don't like the coach.

According to the guy that fired Leach, he gave him ample opportunity to keep his job. It was his stubbornness that got him fired. I'm not sure if that meant apologizing, or just taking the suspension, or what. Either way, I think it was mishandled by TTU and Leach. Sucks for both of 'em, because neither party will be as successful as they were.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
This is the same coach that made that fat girlfriends comment and backed Mangino.

He always came off as an arrogant a*****e to me.

Oh no, he made a mean comment!!

Leach has the highest graduation rate and the lowest crime rate among players in the Big XII. You're way off in questioning his character.

Bobby Knight also had high graduation rates while choking his players, so that stat doesn't mean much to me.

Well whenever droves of players come forward and talk about how Leach treated them so bad, feel free to talk about how he deserved to be fired.

But that hasn't happened, and it won't happen. In fact, the opposite is happening, and we have former players coming forward to defend Leach's character and how he treated his players.

I believe there have been quite a few players that have come out and said they're happy he's gone. Then again, when you have that many players, there are sure to be some that don't like the coach.

According to the guy that fired Leach, he gave him ample opportunity to keep his job. It was his stubbornness that got him fired. I'm not sure if that meant apologizing, or just taking the suspension, or what. Either way, I think it was mishandled by TTU and Leach. Sucks for both of 'em, because neither party will be as successful as they were.

Who cares. now there are two parties, and just in time for New Years and s**t!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The bottom line is, there is no way Leach should have been fired for this incident, however his stubbornness, pride, and refusal to aplogize and/or accept a minor suspension got himself fired.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM ]
The bottom line is, there is no way Leach should have been fired for this incident, however his stubbornness, pride, and refusal to aplogize and/or accept a minor suspension got himself fired.

So let me get this straight....a coach locked a kid who had a concussion in a room, and then refused to apologize?

Seems to me like he deserves to get fired.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

So let me get this straight....a coach locked a kid who had a concussion in a room, and then refused to apologize?

Seems to me like he deserves to get fired.

Come on! crzy obviously made his first comment before discovering more detailed facts about the story.

Comments by current Raider players seem to indict Leach:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Current-Raiders-flee-from-Leach-s-corner-as-Texa;_ylt=AkFDa7DYNrcOiyyvzoDIP9M5nYcB?urn=ncaaf,211273
Seems to me that Adam was unhappy with his role and complained to his dad about that incident. If i had been Craig James i would have talked to Leach directly about it and find out the truth. Adam James is one spoiled brat in my opinion. At least we won´t ever seen him do anything as a WR in college

Here is a link from former and current Tech players in support of Leach

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/19238949
[ Edited by Icelandic49er on Dec 31, 2009 at 2:39 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
It's Bulls**t, Mike Leach is one of the best coaches in NCAA and yearly has high powered offenses. Texas Tech almost fired him last season just because he didn't completely agree to the contract extension they were offering. This guy should get another head coaching job very soon. Jerry Jones? lol
  • Ether
  • Veteran
So once Leach files his lawsuit... I'm assuming TTU has no chance of winning? Leach should have three witnesses/testimonies from the staff he sent with James to the "electrical closet" disproving James' claim, which alone should make this an open and shut case, right? Not only that, but he has the backup of other coaches, and former players... coaches being the more important I'd think. I'm sure Crabtree, the star receiver from TTU will have no problem backing up Leach, just as Graham Harrell has done and Eric Morris, both players from the '08 squad.
[ Edited by Ether on Dec 31, 2009 at 6:56 AM ]
Don't get me wrong I am still very upset that my team just lost its most successful coach ever.

Part of this is Mike's fault, he is a stubborn, hardheaded fool. However, the admin knows he is a stubborn, hardheaded fool, they have employed him for over a decade it isn't like he changed overnight plus they had the whole contract fiasco in Feb.

For right or wrong, Mike is a man that doesn't placate people just to placate them. He won't apologize for things he feels he didn't do. When backed into a corner he won't give up he just digs his heels in and fights harder. Once I heard Leach was filing the injunction I knew he was gone, I was hoping they could work something out but I knew there is no way the admin would put up with it.

I believe Mike felt that his tenure and success made him virtually invincible and other than Kent Hance no one in the Admin really cared for him. He got in constant pissing contests with the AD and other members of the Board of Regents didn't really care for his unorthodox ways like showing up to fundraising luncheons hungover and wearing sweats.

I loved Coach Leach and he made the games at the Jones very exciting. He created alot of excitement in Lubbock on Saturdays and really had the support of 95% of the fan base especially the students. However, Texas Tech must move on I hope that we get Sumlin or Briles and keep Ruffin and our recruits and hopefully our program will continue the slow upward climb that Leach had started.
Share 49ersWebzone