LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by joey82:

what does his sexuality have to do anything?

Are all Tech fans stuck on 8th grade humor?

It's really disgusting that people are crucifying a college kid over something that is clearly between the coach and his bosses. All the kid did was get hurt, mistreated, and then tell his father. The fact his dad is famous has nothing to do with the facts.

Exactly. On some Tech Message Boards they are raiding his facebook for pictures to draw dicks on his face...

No fan has all the facts, so maybe people should hold on before pointing figures. And if anyone is to blame based on the information, its either Tech's administration or Leach.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

what does his sexuality have to do anything?

Are all Tech fans stuck on 8th grade humor?

It's really disgusting that people are crucifying a college kid over something that is clearly between the coach and his bosses. All the kid did was get hurt, mistreated, and then tell his father. The fact his dad is famous has nothing to do with the facts.

TX9R we all know you hate Tech and are probably thrilled that Leach is gone, but please tell me how Adam James was in anyway hurt or mistreated by Leach's actions.

Heck a statement from the doctor said that Leach's actions did in no way make Adam's injury worse in fact a cool dark place was a better option than being out on the practice field.

Adam was not locked anywhere, he was however told if he came out before he was told he would be kicked off the team.

It really isn't that different than putting a kid in timeout.

As I already said I do not hate Tech. It takes more than one meaningful win to make a rivalry. I nothing Tech, it's an insignifigant program to me. Actually Leach was interesting to have around and good for the conference as a whole, I don't want the big 12 to end up like the PAC1. Now beating Tech is just another meaningless win.
You're still trying to make this about the kid, which it clearly isn't, it's about a coach who didn't cater to his employers, who wasn't liked by his employers, who made a stupid choice and gave said employers a reason to do what they secretly wanted, get rid of him. Again, if it was no big deal you wouldn't have 100% of those not tied to Tech saying what Leach did was a bad idea.
hey

Mike Leach would make a nice OC for us next year since we are going to the shotgun/spread more and more. reunited with crabtree. he can lock my mom in the closet if he can turn out points for the niners like he did at TT.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Adam James didn't fire Leach. Tech did.

Maybe Tech fans need to redirect their anger.

I agree. They won't fire Leach if there wasn't damning evidence that he was guilty of that act as well as others.
Originally posted by 9er2631:
hey

Mike Leach would make a nice OC for us next year since we are going to the shotgun/spread more and more. reunited with crabtree. he can lock my mom in the closet if he can turn out points for the niners like he did at TT.

someone on one of the previous page claimed this was going to surface...good call
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
hey

someone on one of the previous page claimed this was going to surface...good call

ill take ownership of being the 1st one to officially post it then. hey mike leach is a weird dude but he is probably infinitely more creative offensively than jimmy raye.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Man, all these Leach fans are trippin
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
hey

ill take ownership of being the 1st one to officially post it then. hey mike leach is a weird dude but he is probably infinitely more creative offensively than jimmy raye.

take a seat and pay homage...

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Prepare for the onslaught of "Hire Leach as OC!!" threads in Niner Talk.

I can hear it now:

"He was a master of the spread offense at Tech!! AND we have Crabtree!!"
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Man, too bad Kansas already canned Mangino and snagged Turner Gill.

Wait . . . do you guys want Mangino the Hut?

LOL, Mangino was actually the first guy I thought of when Leach got fired, but only because both were let go due to complaints filed by athletes.

I'd like to hear from any Tech fans - any interest in the Mangina? Or do you think his reputation for being a big meanie will scare off your AD?

I would also love to hear Crabtree talk about what happened to Leach...

If Tech can't handle an un-investigated claim by a single player, they wouldn't take Mangino.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two situations, but they are completely different. Until droves of former Tech athletes come forward about indiscretions by Leach, there is no comparison.

Very similar guys in that they don't really "play the game" of shmoozing the alumni and higher ups. Both from the Stoops tree, I'm guessing he doesn't teach that side of being a coach to these guys, and in college it's a huge part unfortunately.
Oh and as far as those recruits, I guarantee not one of them will come to Tech now, why would they?

Only 2 out of 20 recruits have opened it back up. TX9R you need to follow more college ball, you would realize most recruits commit because of the school, not coach.
For example, when Mangino got fired I think they only lost 3 guys out of over 20 in the class.

You're dead wrong on that. Coaches are what attract players, I follow plenty of college ball. Mangino? HA! How good were his recruits to begin with? Castoffs that UT didn't want is all they've gotten with him. What kind of recruits did Alabama get 5 years ago? How good were Texas and OU, in the 90s? How's Nebraska done since Osborne left? Michigan? What about USC before Carroll? I could go on and on. Don't kid yourself. Maybe they don't lose all the recruits this year (and remember, he was just fired less than 24 hours ago and they already lost 2?), but wait a few years and you'll see I'm right. It's not like they were getting 4 and 5 star guys with Leach to begin with.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Man, too bad Kansas already canned Mangino and snagged Turner Gill.

Wait . . . do you guys want Mangino the Hut?

LOL, Mangino was actually the first guy I thought of when Leach got fired, but only because both were let go due to complaints filed by athletes.

I'd like to hear from any Tech fans - any interest in the Mangina? Or do you think his reputation for being a big meanie will scare off your AD?

I would also love to hear Crabtree talk about what happened to Leach...

If Tech can't handle an un-investigated claim by a single player, they wouldn't take Mangino.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two situations, but they are completely different. Until droves of former Tech athletes come forward about indiscretions by Leach, there is no comparison.

Very similar guys in that they don't really "play the game" of shmoozing the alumni and higher ups. Both from the Stoops tree, I'm guessing he doesn't teach that side of being a coach to these guys, and in college it's a huge part unfortunately.
Oh and as far as those recruits, I guarantee not one of them will come to Tech now, why would they?

Only 2 out of 20 recruits have opened it back up. TX9R you need to follow more college ball, you would realize most recruits commit because of the school, not coach.
For example, when Mangino got fired I think they only lost 3 guys out of over 20 in the class.

You're dead wrong on that. Coaches are what attract players, I follow plenty of college ball. Mangino? HA! How good were his recruits to begin with? Castoffs that UT didn't want is all they've gotten with him. What kind of recruits did Alabama get 5 years ago? How good were Texas and OU, in the 90s? How's Nebraska done since Osborne left? Michigan? What about USC before Carroll? I could go on and on. Don't kid yourself. Maybe they don't lose all the recruits this year (and remember, he was just fired less than 24 hours ago and they already lost 2?), but wait a few years and you'll see I'm right. It's not like they were getting 4 and 5 star guys with Leach to begin with.

For further proof, look at Ron Zook at Florida and Urban Meyer at Florida.

Wow, the way Adam James was complaining made it look like Leach threw him in a interstate rest stop bathroom for that concussion. Lubbock news showed those "sheds" and they are nothing more then a press room and an air-conditioned garage.

Craig James should just keep his mouth shut on national tv until the real facts are laid out. Never heard Crabtree or Welker complain about Leach, but who knows. Either way, Leach will be making some dough with the lawsuit coming against TTU.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM ]
This is the room that the "source" in the James camp initially claimed was an "electrical closet."

Quote:
According to the source, Leach told the trainer, two days later, to "put [James] in the darkest, tightest spot. It was in an electrical closet, again, with a guard posted outside."
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So let me get this straight....a coach locked a kid who had a concussion in a room, and then refused to apologize?

Seems to me like he deserves to get fired.
So who's right ?

I think this story has gone too far.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't care how big the room or shed was. What right does Leach have to lock anyone in any room?

Just send him home if he can't play.

He's not a professional athlete, he's a student.

You can't lock anyone in any room.
Share 49ersWebzone