LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 441 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Seems to me that Adam was unhappy with his role and complained to his dad about that incident. If i had been Craig James i would have talked to Leach directly about it and find out the truth. Adam James is one spoiled brat in my opinion. At least we won´t ever seen him do anything as a WR in college

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/19238949

Quote:
Before Adam James ever entered the football locker room at Texas Tech I heard how spoiled and selfish he acted in a team atmosphere from many of my baseball friends. Adam was on the baseball team his true freshman year at Tech, before he ever joined the football team, and did not make it through the baseball season because of his selfish attitude. After a baseball game in which he felt like he did not get enough playing time, but the team still won twenty to one, he came into the locker room after the game and “pouted and threw a big fit” according another player on the baseball team. A few weeks later in the middle of the season, he just stopped showing up to practices or game and quit because he was not happy about how he was being treated. One of my roommates was a baseball player on the team and many of my friends were a part of the team that witnessed all of this. These baseball players told me he was “spoiled and selfish” before he ever came to the football team. After quitting baseball he came out for football and his selfish attitude was very evident, as was his laziness. During off-season workouts he often would be caught skipping lifts in the weight room or finding ways to cut corners/get out of conditioning exercises. When we had player organized seven on seven throwing in the summer, when he would show up he was much more interested in playing his own games on the side of the field or telling people that he wasn’t going to run any routes because the coaches do not get him a “fair opportunity” anyway. During the season he was often “injured” (it usually seemed like a very minor injury that could keep him out of practice but never out of any other activity, including games) so he would not participate in some drills in practice. None of these acts were productive for our team, but the most detrimental part of Adam was his off field attitude and actions.

Graham Harrell

Quote:
I love that Craig James screwed up the football program at SMU when he played there for taking money and getting the whole team suspended(along with others, I am not implying he was the only one) and now his son is screwing up the program for his team. Must be a family tradition they are trying to keep alive.

rattlertx17(commenter from the link above)

can somebody on here know if what RATTLERTX17 commented on might be true or not.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Dec 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
If I was a big time college president with a struggling program I would hire Leach in a second. There's a rumor that Baylor coach Art Briles will be a strong candidate to replace Leach at TT, Baylor needs to hire Leach now!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
If I was a big time college president with a struggling program I would hire Leach in a second. There's a rumor that Baylor coach Art Briles will be a strong candidate to replace Leach at TT, Baylor needs to hire Leach now!

I doubt a "big time" program would have him as the face of their school right now. In this era you're going to have just enough parents and alumni that would not like it, plus you have to play politics at big schools, which he just doesn't do. He's likely going to have to sit a year and then take a job at a lesser program in a non BCS conference initially, or just coach offense for someone.
Tommy tuberville wants to coach at tech. If they hire him thats the end of the air raid and welcome to boring sec style football.
Leach's decision to take legal action against TTU didn't help his case either. Leach made a mistake and the school had to investigate it. The school said they tried to work with Leach, but he approached them stubbornly and basically forced himself out. It's his own damn fault.

I think blaming James is weak. Whether he's selfish or not, really it has no bearing. Many college players are arrogant and feel they should get more playing time. Who are we to question his toughness for the way he handled his concussion? Leach made the poor decision to put him in the shed. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal and I doubt the university did either; however, it's something they had to look into. The way Leach handled it was all wrong. Plus, TTU is implying that there were other issues that came to light during their investigation. The person responsible for Leach's firing is Leach.

All that being said, I hope that Colorado finds a way to sign him. I know they won't and I know they don't even have the money to do so, but that's my wish. Leach is an awesome football coach. He has one of the best offensive minds in the NCAA and he's great at recruiting players that fit his offense. He won't be unemployed long.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Quote:
I love that Craig James screwed up the football program at SMU when he played there for taking money and getting the whole team suspended(along with others, I am not implying he was the only one) and now his son is screwing up the program for his team. Must be a family tradition they are trying to keep alive.

rattlertx17(commenter from the link above)

can somebody on here know if what RATTLERTX17 commented on might be true or not.

While he was at SMU, they were caught paying players, receiving money from boosters, etc. and the NCAA gave them the "death penalty" (banned from competing). He was never accused of any wrongdoing.
So who is Tech's new head coach?

IMO Sonny Dikes would be a good choice.

Tuberville would be an okay choice.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Sonny Dykes loves Tech, but honestly his offenses at AZ have not been very good recently, if we get him though, we will keep our big recruits.
Tuberville really wants Tech, but he would change everything and we would lose our recruits.
Ruffin McNiel, current DC would be a great choice, the players LOVE him, and he has helped make the defense respectable after years of horrible D play. Plus we would keep all except one recruit if we hire him. Con: no experience as HC.
Art Briles wants to coach at Tech, but if he can't hack it at Baylor why would he be successful Tech? He's a Tech grad and said Tech is his dream job.
[ Edited by cestmoi on Dec 31, 2009 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Sonny Dykes loves Tech, but honestly his offenses at AZ have not been very good recently, if we get him though, we will keep our big recruits.
Tuberville really wants Tech, but he would change everything and we would lose our recruits.
Ruffin McNiel, current DC would be a great choice, the players LOVE him, and he has helped make the defense respectable after years of horrible D play. Plus we would keep all except one recruit if we hire him. Con: no experience as HC.
Art Briles wants to coach at Tech, but if he can't hack it at Baylor why would he be successful Tech? He's a Tech grad and said Tech is his dream job.

Most people around here don't want Sonny or Tuberville.

I think most people would be ok with Briles, Sumlin or Ruffin. I would love to see Briles/Sumlin and Ruffin stay as DC but I don't know if Ruffin stays unless he is the HC.

Dykes recent offense woes have a lot to do with the Coach Stoops IMO. Dykes is the only reason Arizona can get a winning record. Us Sun Devil fans are praying you take Dykes away so Arizona can return to garbage.

Here are his offense numbers since he took over
2007: Pass Yards - 3700 Rush Yards 900 TDs - 35
2008: Pass Yards - 3100 Rush Yards - 2059 TDs - 57
2009: Pass Yards - 2800 Rush Yards - 2000 TDs - 39

Previous years
2006: 3000 total yards, 20 TD
2005: 3800 total yards, 15 TD
2004: 3100 total yards, 13 TD

Dykes recent offense woes have a lot to do with the Coach Stoops IMO. Dykes is the only reason Arizona can get a winning record. Us Sun Devil fans are praying you take Dykes away so Arizona can return to garbage.

Here are his offense numbers since he took over
2007: Pass Yards - 3700 Rush Yards 900 TDs - 35
2008: Pass Yards - 3100 Rush Yards - 2059 TDs - 57
2009: Pass Yards - 2800 Rush Yards - 2000 TDs - 39

Previous years
2006: 3000 total yards, 20 TD
2005: 3800 total yards, 15 TD
2004: 3100 total yards, 13 TD

Wow, I stand corrected.
Well if Tech hires him, then the recruits will stay, that's one big plus.
And we might start using our 4-star running backs properly with a little more balanced offense.
WOW Craig James is SCUM:

From the New York Times Sports Blog:

Quote:
'Leach Is Fired Over Treatment of Player' **
New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/sports/ncaafootball/31leach.html?_r=2

**There is speculation that the original version of the New York Times article has been edited, and the current version omits the below part(s):

"A person with direct knowledge of the tension between Leach and Texas Tech said that Craig James used his position at ESPN to lobby Texas Tech coaches for more playing time for his son.

“He called the coaches and implored them to play his son more and insinuated he would say good things about them on the air if they played his son more,” said the person, who was granted anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue. “At one point Leach said to James, ‘The next time your father leaves any of us a voice mail to that effect we’re going to play it to the entire team.’ ”

The person said Leach’s attorney sent a letter to ESPN executives informing them of this. An ESPN spokesman said that ESPN was not immediately available to comment."

What a douche! Leach should have just played it for the team...or for ESPN.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

He's probably already a joke to most of his teammates.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

He's probably already a joke to most of his teammates.

not only that but i heard that Adam James has another sibling at Tech. i just wonder what his/her life must have become there at Tech after all of this.
Share 49ersWebzone