There are 150 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

Originally posted by lamontb:
Quotes coming from players currently on the team seems to be supporting Jones and not Leech.

come on brethren. you sound like the media personality. I've read that those whom are in support of AJ are those on the scout team. they're all complaining to gain playing time. i've yet to read a statement from men on that squad that have significant playing time.
Quotes coming from players currently on the team seems to be supporting Jones and not Leech.

Do you have any of those quotes?

I imagine they're something like: "We're just trying to concentrate on our upcoming game, blah blah blah, we have no hard feelings toward Adam, blah blah blah"
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I imagine they're something like: "We're just trying to concentrate on our upcoming game, blah blah blah, we have no hard feelings toward Adam, blah blah blah"

I heard some on the radio, they're definately defending James. Maybe Leach isn't as well liked as perceived?

Whack-a-James game begins in earnest
Posted by John Taylor on December 30, 2009 9:17 AM ET
This shoe was bound to drop at some point, but we just didn't know when. This morning, as it turns out, is when.

The public counteroffensive against the James family -- Adam James in particular -- has begun in earnest. Man, has it begun.

In a piece from CBS Sports.com's Dennis Dodd, a not-so-flattering portrait of James has been painted via a series of emails obtained by the website. The kicker to this story, though, is that all of them have names attached to the emails.

From current Texas Tech coaches to former Tech players, the Red Raider receiver at the center of the Mike Leach controversy is portrayed at various times as a slacker, a kid with a Mt. Everest-sized sense of entitlement and, basically, someone who wants something -- playing time -- for nothing.

"He expected people to baby him and that he was going make it solely on the fact that his father was a very successful player," former Tech player Eric Morris said of James, whose father is former SMU star and current ESPN analyst Craig James.

"Adam was a kid that seemed like he had been given everything he wanted his whole life and acted like if things did not go exactly how he wanted someone was treating him unfairly or someone needed to be blamed for his failures. He was a selfish player on and off the field that was counter-productive for our team and would be for any other team," former Tech QB Graham Harrell said in his email.

Wait, there's more. This one comes from receivers coach Lincoln Riley.

"The problem, though, is that Adam is unusually lazy and entitled. ... He has an unbelievable sense of entitlement because of who his father is; one that hurts himself and people around him. Adam is the kind of person that makes excuses or blames people for things that go wrong in his life."

Uhhh, ouch?

Simply put, this is officially a mess.

Blame Coach Leach all you want -- and some are doing more than their fair share -- but this whole mess seems to have been aggravated by the spoiled son of a rich and famous athlete who seemed hell-bent on doing whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Allegedly.

Entitled? Entitled indeed. Entitled to attempt to find another Div. 1-A school who will take him and his (alleged) baggage once this whole sordid affair comes to an end.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/whack-a-james-game-begins-in-earnest/
[ Edited by Jordache49 on Dec 30, 2009 at 1:07 PM ]
I can't wait to see what Bobby Knight has to say about this, he's gonna go off.

LMAO. oh wait but he works for ESPN now so...
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I agree, but since when have coaches been treated fairly and vice versa? A guy can be COY one year and fired the next, conversely the school can give them everything and they still leave the instant a better job is offered. Don't get it twisted, look at the timing, this has a lot to do with TTU not wanting to pay the man.

Exactly! They just found a way to get rid of a coach they don't like AND save $800,000.

money talks and bullshiite runs the marathon...word is bond.

I heard some on the radio, they're definately defending James. Maybe Leach isn't as well liked as perceived?

The two quotes from those current bench warmers just state that they are glad Leach is gone and it is less stressed.

I am not naive enough to believe that as a head coach on a football team everyone is going to like you. There will always be players that feel like they should be playing more.

Leach has coached at TTU for 10+ years has taken us to a bowl game every year, has become the winningest coach is school history, and in the last few years has a made us a periennial top 25 school. He has had no past allegations of mistreating a player.

Does he have a great relationship with the TTU admin? No

Does placing a player in a dark room for a couple hours justify firing a coach you just extended? In my opinion, no

There is either much more to this story that Tech hasn't released, or Leach was railroaded out of his job by a helicopter dad and an administration that wanted to replace him with a good ol boy that was more conventional.

Originally posted by joey82:

what does his sexuality have to do anything?

Are all Tech fans stuck on 8th grade humor?

Now a bunch of 3rd stringers have come out against Leach. I guess it's easy to talk now.
The starters and past players in the NFL and Canada have been Leach supporters.

This is nuts. Chris Perry was a Miami transfer that has been suspended twice and has almost no tackles on the year and he talks s**t.
Crazy.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Its a joke made about the alleged closet he was put in.

Since when was the WZ filled with people who didn't like sophomoric humor I thought that this was common place around here. Heck there was a Helen Keller joke thread in the lot not too long ago.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

It's really disgusting that people are crucifying a college kid over something that is clearly between the coach and his bosses. All the kid did was get hurt, mistreated, and then tell his father. The fact his dad is famous has nothing to do with the facts.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Man, too bad Kansas already canned Mangino and snagged Turner Gill.

Wait . . . do you guys want Mangino the Hut?

LOL, Mangino was actually the first guy I thought of when Leach got fired, but only because both were let go due to complaints filed by athletes.

I'd like to hear from any Tech fans - any interest in the Mangina? Or do you think his reputation for being a big meanie will scare off your AD?

I would also love to hear Crabtree talk about what happened to Leach...

If Tech can't handle an un-investigated claim by a single player, they wouldn't take Mangino.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two situations, but they are completely different. Until droves of former Tech athletes come forward about indiscretions by Leach, there is no comparison.

Very similar guys in that they don't really "play the game" of shmoozing the alumni and higher ups. Both from the Stoops tree, I'm guessing he doesn't teach that side of being a coach to these guys, and in college it's a huge part unfortunately.
Oh and as far as those recruits, I guarantee not one of them will come to Tech now, why would they?

Only 2 out of 20 recruits have opened it back up. TX9R you need to follow more college ball, you would realize most recruits commit because of the school, not coach.
For example, when Mangino got fired I think they only lost 3 guys out of over 20 in the class.

It's really disgusting that people are crucifying a college kid over something that is clearly between the coach and his bosses. All the kid did was get hurt, mistreated, and then tell his father. The fact his dad is famous has nothing to do with the facts.

TX9R we all know you hate Tech and are probably thrilled that Leach is gone, but please tell me how Adam James was in anyway hurt or mistreated by Leach's actions.

Heck a statement from the doctor said that Leach's actions did in no way make Adam's injury worse in fact a cool dark place was a better option than being out on the practice field.

Adam was not locked anywhere, he was however told if he came out before he was told he would be kicked off the team.

It really isn't that different than putting a kid in timeout.
Share 49ersWebzone