LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired

well that's not fair
Originally posted by TX9R:
Really ripping Leach and belittling TTU at the same time on Cowherd. This would really get your blood boiling. It's pretty funny. I bet he's really wishing he'd taken that Washington job now. Now some no name school will be getting a pretty good coach.

I think he'll get a job on a good team.

What teams need coaches right now?
Originally posted by cestmoi:
You're right i'm sorry i overreacted. It's a natural reaction when your up and coming program is about to come apart.Adam James is still a b***h though for running to his dad.

Don't sweat it, I'd be upset to, the school is acting very, very stupidly in respect to the future of it's program. Now I don't think James "ran to his dad". He got hurt and and then just told his dad, who I'm sure had questions afterwards like any parent would. As an ex college athlete I'm sure James knows what should and shouldn't happen and fully understands the toughening up aspect in sports, this obviously doesn't fit or it wouldn't be getting the attention it is, esp with the concussion being the hot button of the year. If James really wanted to screw the guy this story could have been reported immediately, it wasn't, he did what I would have done, went to the school in private and is hardly using his position, he's simply answering questions at this point. Again, when simplified the story is college kid gets concussion, coach has him put in a shed. Anyone can see how that is going to look, details don't matter, the damage is already done.

Exactly. If James wanted to he could really put the school on blast. he was talking directly to the coach. as a father you hear that story and I would have found Leech and punched him in the eye. so I think James has done well. It's not like he's all over ESPN ripping TTU or Leech. He made one statement and that was it. I don't think it matters if the guy was soft or a pre madonna, but the facts are not university is gonna keep there coach after this type of story breaks in this climate of concussions. Plus I think it was b/c Leech and the school had differences before this incident. I'm sure they didn't want to give him more money just a year or so ago. I think there is more to than just this incident and i think it's a personal beef between Leech and administrators at the school.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM ]
What coach will want to come to Tech now?
We're f**ked.
We have GREAT wide receivers recruiting classes coming up, and I'm sure we will lose them.

Boone turned down the Gators to commit to Tech, Corker turned down the 'U', Javerous (sp?) McCoy told Urban Meyer to his face 'I'd rather go to Texas Tech than Florida'
Now I'm sure we will lose them all.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Really ripping Leach and belittling TTU at the same time on Cowherd. This would really get your blood boiling. It's pretty funny. I bet he's really wishing he'd taken that Washington job now. Now some no name school will be getting a pretty good coach.

I think he'll get a job on a good team.

What teams need coaches right now?

Central Michigan is the only one I know of.

I think Leach will have to wait a year to get a job (time for the investigation and findings to possibly clear his name probably won't be done until after Feb. signing day. Probably too late to get a job for next year).
Just saw ESPN say that "this isn't just an isolated case, there were other things before that have led up to this"...like WHAT?!?

I knew they would take Craig James' side, but I didn't think they would flat out lie.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Man, too bad Kansas already canned Mangino and snagged Turner Gill.

Wait . . . do you guys want Mangino the Hut?

Hey, he may hit, verbally abuse players and use racial slurs, but he won't lock anyone up in a garage!
Just saw ESPN say that "this isn't just an isolated case, there were other things before that have led up to this"...like WHAT?!?

I knew they would take Craig James' side, but I didn't think they would flat out lie.

Do you know that they were lying?

Do you know of any previous indiscretions by Leach?
The only thing I know Leach did was he put a desk on the 50 yard line of the football field and made WR Eddie Britton study in the snow for an hour because he had been skipping classes.
Prepare for the onslaught of "Hire Leach as OC!!" threads in Niner Talk.

I can hear it now:

"He was a master of the spread offense at Tech!! AND we have Crabtree!!"

Maybe he can finally become a pirate.
I can't wait to see what Bobby Knight has to say about this, he's gonna go off.

LOL, Mangino was actually the first guy I thought of when Leach got fired, but only because both were let go due to complaints filed by athletes.

I'd like to hear from any Tech fans - any interest in the Mangina? Or do you think his reputation for being a big meanie will scare off your AD?

I would also love to hear Crabtree talk about what happened to Leach...
Originally posted by Overkill:

LOL, Mangino was actually the first guy I thought of when Leach got fired, but only because both were let go due to complaints filed by athletes.

I'd like to hear from any Tech fans - any interest in the Mangina? Or do you think his reputation for being a big meanie will scare off your AD?

If Tech can't handle an un-investigated claim by a single player, they wouldn't take Mangino.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two situations, but they are completely different. Until droves of former Tech athletes come forward about indiscretions by Leach, there is no comparison.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:

If Tech can't handle an un-investigated claim by a single player, they wouldn't take Mangino.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two situations, but they are completely different. Until droves of former Tech athletes come forward about indiscretions by Leach, there is no comparison.

Very similar guys in that they don't really "play the game" of shmoozing the alumni and higher ups. Both from the Stoops tree, I'm guessing he doesn't teach that side of being a coach to these guys, and in college it's a huge part unfortunately.
Oh and as far as those recruits, I guarantee not one of them will come to Tech now, why would they?
Share 49ersWebzone