Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greinke wins Cy Young Award

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
When do they give Wainwright his Cy Young?

LOL He wasnt even the best pitcher on his team. I wont be shocked if he wins the award but he should finish 3rd based on the year he had.

Lincecum beat Wainwright on every category that he could control:
ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Wainwright beat him in 1 area - wins. Jeez.. you think having Pujols and Holiday on the Giants might have resulted in Timmy winning 20??????

Giants fans are here

But they're valid points.

It doesnt matter to JRG, his Cardnials are always better than everybody else, no matter what

Oh and look, valrod is here w/ his opinion that nobody asked for!

No, 99% of Giants fans on this site would call Aaron Rowand a better player then Matt Holliday. The homerism is insane.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

LOL He wasnt even the best pitcher on his team. I wont be shocked if he wins the award but he should finish 3rd based on the year he had.

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Wainwright beat him in 1 area - wins. Jeez.. you think having Pujols and Holiday on the Giants might have resulted in Timmy winning 20??????

Giants fans are here

Valrod, what is your opinion on this matter?

It doesnt matter to JRG, his Cardnials are always better than everybody else, no matter what

No, 99% of Giants fans on this site would call Aaron Rowand a better player then Matt Holliday. The homerism is insane.

[ Edited by AmpLee on Nov 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM ]

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

It doesnt matter to JRG, his Cardinals are always better than everybody else, no matter what

and nobody asked you to come ruin the Zack Grienke thread with your Cardinal jibberish

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

I'm sure I can get some other members to back me on this. It gets pretty ridiculous at times. I came in and voiced my opinion for the NL Cy Young yet I'm the homer? How is me listing him as my favorite to win ridiculous and "always better than everybody else, no matter what"

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

It doesnt matter to JRG, his Cardinals are always better than everybody else, no matter what

and nobody asked you to come ruin the Zack Grienke thread with your Cardinal jibberish

Touche.
Back to Greinke..

While I think he had a very good season and can be considered a strong candidate for this...the way the votes went was as if he was clear cut better then King Felix.

jrg, can you ruin this Greinke thread with your opinion on Adam Wainwright jibberish?

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

I'm sure I can get some other members to back me on this. It gets pretty ridiculous at times. I came in and voiced my opinion for the NL Cy Young yet I'm the homer? How is me listing him as my favorite to win ridiculous and "always better than everybody else, no matter what"

you are the biggest homer here.

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

No James.. you are the real homer and wrong about your comment. Giants fans all know that our hitting sucks and that Timmy is the most deserving because of that. Try reading the board and you will see that we cant stand Aaron Rowand. The stats dont lie no matter how much you want to avoid the truth.

More than likely one of your Cards will win. That doesnt mean they are more deserving.
I'm really curious how I'm considered a 'homer' because I voice my own opinion like everyone else in this topic?

You think its Lincecum...I think its Wainwright..but since my opinion differs from you I'm a homer? Alright.
Jair Jurrjens should be the Cy Young winner, if we could have given that guy some run support he would have been in the discussion

Jair Jurrjens should be the Cy Young winner, if we could have given that guy some run support he would have been in the discussion

I'm really curious how I'm considered a 'homer' because I voice my own opinion like everyone else in this topic?

You think its Lincecum...I think its Wainwright..but since my opinion differs from you I'm a homer? Alright.

well see, several posts back, John showed undoubtedly why Lincecum was better this year, and you failed to respond as to why Wainwright should win over Lincecum, therefore, you are a huge homer for just saying the guy on your team will win.

that was my best JRG impersonation
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

well see, several posts back, John showed undoubtedly why Lincecum was better this year, and you failed to respond as to why Wainwright should win over Lincecum, therefore, you are a huge homer for just saying the guy on your team will win.

#1 wins
Top 5 K's
Top 5 ERA
#1 IP
Least BB of any Cy Young Candidate
Lead the Cardinals to a NL Central Division Title