LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Greinke wins Cy Young Award

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by crzy:
It really doesn't matter that a Cards pitcher will win the NL Cy Young over Linecum, because no one in their right minds would consider Wainwright or Carpenter a better ace than Timmy....undoubtedly the best pitcher in the National League.

Well obviously. But tim did not have a better season then wainwright

Lol..did you not see the stats John posted? Besides W's which isn't s**t considering the Cards hitting compared to the Giants pathetic hitting, Timmy had the better season. Wainwright could give up 4ER's and still win. Timmy could give up 1 or 2ER's and still LOSE.

Wain will most likely take it though.

For like the 3rd time, I don't give a s**t about the stats he posted. How many times do I have to say that for it to go through for you guys?

I think Wainwright will win the Cy Young. Thats my opinion. Jesus Christ.
It really doesn't matter that a Cards pitcher will win the NL Cy Young over Linecum, because no one in their right minds would consider Wainwright or Carpenter a better ace than Timmy....undoubtedly the best pitcher in the National League.

Lol..did you not see the stats John posted? Besides W's which isn't s**t considering the Cards hitting compared to the Giants pathetic hitting, Timmy had the better season. Wainwright could give up 4ER's and still win. Timmy could give up 1 or 2ER's and still LOSE.

For like the 3rd time, I don't give a s**t about the stats he posted. How many times do I have to say that for it to go through for you guys?

Then don't post dumbass s**t like "Well obviously. But tim did not have a better season then wainwright"

that's why everyone jumps on you
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 18, 2009 at 10:25 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Then don't post dumbass s**t like "Well obviously. But tim did not have a better season then wainwright"

Once again, he DID have a better season then Lincecum and thats why he will have a Cy Young trophy in his hands soon. I could care less about all the f**king stats you guys want to post. I don't give a s**t if he leads the league in K's. Who gives a s**t. I don't. He's not gonna win so get over it and shut the hell up already.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

CYP: In The Neyer/James Guide To Pitchers -- co-authored by Bill James and ESPN.com's Rob Neyer presents a method, based on past results, to predict Cy Young balloting. This page provides an in-season snapshot of the Cy Young "race," as figured by the following formula: Cy Young Points (CYP) = ((5*IP/9)-ER) + (SO/12) + (SV*2.5) + Shutouts + ((W*6)-(L*2)) + VB (see below).
VB: Victory Bonus is a 12-point bonus awarded for leading your team to the division championship (pro-rated based on the current standings)

All perfect reasoning backing my argument. But of course, I know guys..Lincecum lead the NL in K's so that instantly wins it..right?
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 18, 2009 at 10:34 AM ]

Once again, he DID have a better season then Lincecum and thats why he will have a Cy Young trophy in his hands soon. I could care less about all the f**king stats you guys want to post. I don't give a s**t if he leads the league in K's. Who gives a s**t. I don't. He's not gonna win so get over it and shut the hell up already.

Link

Once again you just proved that Lincecum did have the better season.

Just stop it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Just stop it.

Maybe you need to look a little closer.

why can't they announce this s**t the same day as the AL?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
why can't they announce this s**t the same day as the AL?

No idea. Wish they would though so I wouldn't have to have this conversation w/ these guys.

Its announced tomorrow.

Link

Just stop it.

Lincecum #1 pitcher
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 18, 2009 at 10:39 AM ]
Link

Just stop it.

I looked a little closer, and I saw A BUNCH of guys on that list that have no business being in the Cy Young race, so clearly that Cy Young Predictor formula is broken.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Link

Just stop it.

Lincecum #1

I give up.
Link

Just stop it.

Lincecum #1

I give up.

I'd give up too if I didn't have stats to back up my idiotic statement. Grats to Wainwright though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Link

Just stop it.

I looked a little closer, and I saw A BUNCH of guys on that list that have no business being in the Cy Young race, so clearly that Cy Young Predictor formula is broken.

Maybe so. And not once have I ever denied that. But thats the system and a lot of guys are gonna be on there that shouldn't be. Ex: Johnathan Broxton in front of Lincecum But thats just the way the system works. Do I think Broxton had a better year then Tim? No. Not at all. I do think Wainwright AND Carpenter had better seasons. I think Wainwright will get it and that is my opinion.

Through 5 pages of this, they are still not getting that.
Share 49ersWebzone