LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by ToddShaw:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Yup this bandwagon thing is making it hard for me to get with PacMan.

If you people actually think that Pac would have the slightest chance against the the best PFP you gotta be on something.

I cant wait to see PBF beat the rice and boo go gi out of this smiling fool.

Thats right I said it, let the hate begin!

Enjoy it now filipino fans. There never was and will never be another fighter from your little island to do this again!

If your going to talk smack get it right, Rice maybe! Boo go gi impossible! If you really like to know why there is a bandwagon for Pac it's just not for his boxing. It's his generosity to his people and whom ever is around him. It's much more than what I can say for money Mayweather. With that being said I like Mayweather I think he is the best fighter out there with Pac, the only difference is Pac is willing to take on any challenges and Money Mayweather is willing to use his fast talk and speed to dodge fighters. Kinda like you using Mayweather to talk smack against Pac cause you r too much of a punk to say it yourself. I bet your not even a Mayweather fan!

PBF gives back as well. Pay attention kid.

Actually I am a fan of both, unless they are fighting a mexicano.

Don't trip "Moist" it's all fun. My friend Frankie who is Mexican pokes fun as well. He stopped after Manny the Mexicutioner beat all his peeps. What the heck does bi go gee got to do with Filipinos? If you study your history you will find out that Filipino's and Mexican's have more in common than you think. We share a common history with Mexico than any other Asian country. Spain controlled us at one point and it still lingers to this day. Look up the Spanish rule and The Acapulco galleon
trades. You still smell like rotten cabeza holmes. It's all good, next time get your Filipino food right and we do have other things to be proud of besides our beloved boxer. We might actually be your boss someday.

trash talking became a history lesson for all of us.[video]null[/video]
Freddie Roach:

"I would love to see Manny knock this guy out and then retire," he said. "There's no place to go after that. We will break Mayweather down. He's a fragile guy. I know he is hard to get to but we will get to him. Manny can match Mayweather's speed and he has better footwork and more balls."

PBF, you backpedalling pansy, don't Crabtree the negotiations!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hate Pacman because of the bandwagon

it's mostly filipinos

i hate checking my facebook after pacman wins.

it's mostly filipinos

Yeah the badnwagoners suck but as long as there are sports there will always be bandwagon fans.

The last time we had a major champion was the '92 Little League Baseball team! ...and they were f**king cheaters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Little_League_World_Series
Originally posted by Black59Razor:

it's mostly filipinos

Yeah the badnwagoners suck but as long as there are sports there will always be bandwagon fans.

The last time we had a major champion was the '92 Little League Baseball team! ...and they were f**king cheaters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Little_League_World_Series

bandwagoners? i don't mind them.. there's nothing wrong with having some pride for a guy that came from your country

i can't say i've followed manny's whole career.. but i've probably seen every fight of his since he first lost to morales

Mayweather's a f**kin joke. Kenny mayne asked him the same s**t 10x. What did he respond with?

"Ask my promoter." f**kin b***h.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

Mayweather's a f**kin joke. Kenny mayne asked him the same s**t 10x. What did he respond with?

Dude, they've asked Manny Pacquiao if he wants to fight Mayweather 100s of times since Saturday. He responds with the same s**t. Ask my promoter this, ask my promoter that blah blah blah...

BUT... unlike the Money Mayweather haters, I aint gonna call Manny out on it. Why? Because this is all a negotiating tactic.

THE FIGHT'S GONNA HAPPEN. QUIT ACTING LIKE IT AIN'T. Pac fought just 2 days ago, give it a rest, have patience grasshopper.

Anyway.. back to what I was getting to. It's all a negotiating tactic. Neither one wants to call each other out because it gives the other guy the upper hand. Once someone calls the other one out, the other one basically has precedence to set his own terms and set a starting bar for negotiations in his favor, giving the other one a disadvantage and having to compromise.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Nov 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM ]
I hope that they fight someone in between their fight because I don't want Manny to retire just yet. On KNBR Roach said that he hasn't peaked yet. Maybe there will be 2-3 Pacquiao vs. Mayweather matches. We shall see. On a side note-I'm hoping for a heavyweight juggernaut to come out of the USA. The last time I really liked that division was when Tyson was a beast. I did like Roy Jones Jr., but to me he wasn't a true heavyweight.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Dude, they've asked Manny Pacquiao if he wants to fight Mayweather 100s of times since Saturday. He responds with the same s**t. Ask my promoter this, ask my promoter that blah blah blah...

BUT... unlike the Money Mayweather haters, I aint gonna call Manny out on it. Why? Because this is all a negotiating tactic.

THE FIGHT'S GONNA HAPPEN. QUIT ACTING LIKE IT AIN'T. Pac fought just 2 days ago, give it a rest, have patience grasshopper.

Anyway.. back to what I was getting to. It's all a negotiating tactic. Neither one wants to call each other out because it gives the other guy the upper hand. Once someone calls the other one out, the other one basically has precedence to set his own terms and set a starting bar for negotiations in his favor, giving the other one a disadvantage and having to compromise.

LOL. Give it a rest? Of course Floyd would be ready to pounce on Manny once he didn't come outright and say "I want Floyd". He had just finished arguably the toughest fight of his life. Go through Mayne's interviews with Mayweather since he came out of retirement, everything is a bob and weave from answering the one question, do you want Manny? He even said, "All Manny has to do is say the word and I'll pay Marquez some step-aside money, and we can get the fight done." That in itself was a joke. He conveniently chose Pacman/Hatton's fightday to announce his comeback.

The BIGGEST OBSTACLE in this fight happening is the purse. There's no way in hell Mayweather deserves more than 50%. It'd even be highway robbery for Mayweather to get an even split of the purse. A 55/45 split in favor of Pacquiao sounds about right, even 60/40. What that bonehead better realize is that 40% of over 2million PPV buys is a whole lot of money. I'd even bet that it'd surpass the DLH/Floyd PPV.

Floyd is NOT the PPV king. He fought DLH who was arguable the most popular fighter in boxing. He fought Ricky Hatton who has a large European gathering. His bout with Marquez? Only 1 million PPV buys. Why? Probably from Marquez' cultural following.

Who was Mayweather before DLH? He was never the PPV king, thus he has absolutely no leverage to gain the lion's share of the purse or an even split. Pacquiao is #1 P4P, a welterweight beltholder, and is the hottest boxer in the sport.

55/45 or 60/40.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Nov 17, 2009 at 7:56 AM ]

LOL. Give it a rest? Of course Floyd would be ready to pounce on Manny once he didn't come outright and say "I want Floyd". He had just finished arguably the toughest fight of his life. Go through Mayne's interviews with Mayweather since he came out of retirement, everything is a bob and weave from answering the one question, do you want Manny? He even said, "All Manny has to do is say the word and I'll pay Marquez some step-aside money, and we can get the fight done." That in itself was a joke. He conveniently chose Pacman/Hatton's fightday to announce his comeback.

The BIGGEST OBSTACLE in this fight happening is the purse. There's no way in hell Mayweather deserves more than 50%. It'd even be highway robbery for Mayweather to get an even split of the purse. A 55/45 split in favor of Pacquiao sounds about right, even 60/40. What that bonehead better realize is that 40% of over 2million PPV buys is a whole lot of money. I'd even bet that it'd surpass the DLH/Floyd PPV.

Floyd is NOT the PPV king. He fought DLH who was arguable the most popular fighter in boxing. He fought Ricky Hatton who has a large European gathering. His bout with Marquez? Only 1 million PPV buys. Why? Probably from Marquez' cultural following.

Who was Mayweather before DLH? He was never the PPV king, thus he has absolutely no leverage to gain the lion's share of the purse or an even split. Pacquiao is #1 P4P, a welterweight beltholder, and is the hottest boxer in the sport.

55/45 or 60/40.

Could say the very same thing about Manny.

I could twist it around by saying that Mayweather has better PPV numbers against common opponents.

And why do you even bother with this nonsense? You know it's only a matter of time before it goes down. Even though each one goes out of their way in their interviews to avoid answering a very simple question, they both have shown interest in fighting each other indirectly, even if they don't wanna admit it.

^^Manny wasn't "mainstream" yet to the casual boxing fan just because he was/is a little man. Boxing popularity has transitioned over the years from the light-heavy/ heavyweight fighters to the smaller fighters. (lightweight-welter)

He still produced numbers through the Barrera/Morales/Marquez fights.

55/45 or 60/40.

I could twist it around by saying that Mayweather has better PPV numbers against common opponents.

And why do you even bother with this nonsense? You know it's only a matter of time before it goes down. Even though each one goes out of their way in their interviews to avoid answering a very simple question, they both have shown interest in fighting each other indirectly, even if they don't wanna admit it.

You totally discredited the greatness of Mexican legends like Morales, Barrera, and Marquez right there. Aside from Zab Judah and Gatti, there aren't many marquee names that Floyd went against before DLH. Floyd has been closer in weight to true welterweights such as Mosley and Cotto for most of his career. Why has he not fought them?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

55/45 or 60/40.

You totally discredited the greatness of Mexican legends like Morales, Barrera, and Marquez right there. Aside from Zab Judah and Gatti, there aren't many marquee names that Floyd went against before DLH. Floyd has been closer in weight to true welterweights such as Mosley and Cotto for most of his career. Why has he not fought them?

I didn't discredit anybody... not Manny... not any Mexican legend. I've just said that Manny hasn't called out Money either, and that Mayweather does better numbers with common opponents.

Mayweather did call out Mosley when Mosley was in his absolute prime, but Mosley had a tooth ache to nurse

Diego
Zab
Gatti
DLH
Hatton
Marquez

Barrera
Morales
Marquez
DLH
Hatton
Cotto

I see about the same number of marquee names... say what you want, but people tune in to see Floyd lose, and guess what, it hasn't happened.

You can go around and around in circles and argue whatever point you want to toss in there, but I am just countering phylthy's simple question of "who was Floyd before DLH," and pointing out that Manny has used the same "ask my promoter" excuse as well.

I am not hating on or discrediting Manny at all, I'm just giving Floyd the credit you guys aren't. Why hasn't he fought the other welters? I don't know. But he did fight DLH at a healthy 154.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Nov 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM ]
BTW I think they should either get a 50-50 purse or a winner takes 60-40 type deal(but I doubt they'd ever go for that).

Also I think Floyd will win..... I'm not discrediting Manny...I had him KO'ing Cotto in the 9th.. I just think Floyd will beat him.
It'll be an amazing fight, but Manny takes it.
Share 49ersWebzone