Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
What's up with Kirilenko this year?

Um what about him? lol

Is he healthy? Is he gonna get playing time? Starter? How's he looking in camp?

More importantly, how's his confidence? That guy is a beast when Sloan doesn't make him suicidal.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Um what about him? lol

More importantly, how's his confidence? That guy is a beast when Sloan doesn't make him suicidal.

He's been starting and coming off the bench so far this preseason and averaging about 17 minutes and 7 points most of which have come via free throw line. His other stats haven't been too great but its still really early in preseason so I'm not too worried. The guy is just an emotonal nightmare though and his confidence goes in and out all the time but I'm assuming its good now I havent really heard any whining yet. No one has really shocked me so far except that Wesley Matthews guy who I've never heard of.

Um what about him? lol

He's been starting and coming off the bench so far this preseason and averaging about 17 minutes and 7 points most of which have come via free throw line. His other stats haven't been too great but its still really early in preseason so I'm not too worried. The guy is just an emotonal nightmare though and his confidence goes in and out all the time but I'm assuming its good now I havent really heard any whining yet. No one has really shocked me so far except that Wesley Matthews guy who I've never heard of.

Yeah, I was wondering who that guy was too, and why he was playing so much. Even starting some games.
Originally posted by saniner:

Um what about him? lol

Yeah, I was wondering who that guy was too, and why he was playing so much. Even starting some games.

Yeah I hope he does really well and all but I'm not too sure so far. He had one game where he scored 16 and the other two or so he only scored like 3 so I'm still not sure what to make out of him especailly since I havent seen them play.
It's strange that this guy is getting as many minutes as he is. He isn't even listed on NBA.com. Only time will tell if he does anything
Quote:
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team has waived forward Ronald Dupree and guard Paul Harris. The Jazz roster now stands at 14. Dupree (6-7, 209, LSU) has played in 154 regular season NBA games in five seasons with Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota and Seattle. He appeared in seven preseason contests with the Jazz, averaging 3.4 points and 1.6 rebounds in 11.6 minutes a game. Harris (6-4, 230, Syracuse) went undrafted in the 2009 NBA Draft after three seasons at Syracuse. He suffered a moderate right ankle sprain prior to training camp and did not appear in a preseason game with the Jazz.

Kinda surprised by the release of Dupree I thought he would be a decent guy to have off the bench. Guess not.
Could be another up and down year for us. Unless we make some moves I can't see us going far in the playoffs, if we make it.

I'm really excited to see Brewer and Miles when he gets back.
Could be another up and down year for us. Unless we make some moves I can't see us going far in the playoffs, if we make it.

I'm really excited to see Brewer and Miles when he gets back.

Me too and I want to see how Maynor does for us too. I think he has the skills to become a great backup to D-Will.
Not a great start for the season.

Not at all. They had moments where they showed they could be great, but fell apart in the 4th quarter. I can't wait until Miles and Korver come back.

Not at all. They had moments where they showed they could be great, but fell apart in the 4th quarter. I can't wait until Miles and Korver come back.

Yeah our bench is really hurting at the guard position. I don't think Matthews will do is gonna contribute as much as we need. The sooner those two get back the better.
Nice win at home. Boozer and Millsap did great tonight with 20 and 12 from Booze and 23 and 9 from Paul. Another nice surprise was Fesenko and his 10 points in almost 20 minutes. Him and Koufos did a pretty good job with Okur out with left ankle and knee sprain.
im also a Jazz fan.

(obligatory no im not mormon response before people ask)
Originally posted by Niners99:
im also a Jazz fan.

(obligatory no im not mormon response before people ask)

Welcome aboard!
How do you blow a 15 point lead going into the fourth quarter, and end up losing by 11?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home