LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm officially ready for the offsesaon. Can't say anything else after losing the game like that.

This offseason is going to be big for us. Hopefully we get a good draft slot(though I doubt it), and we'll see how the Boozer situation plays out.

Anyway, we fought hard tonight, and it was tough to see it end like that. It was even worse watching at work with a bunch of Laker fans

f**k man I probably woulda fought them all tonight if I was working there. I was so pissed. We've played so well this series for the most part but we just haven't had anything go our way down the stretch. Its a lot better then last year cuz we are being a lot more competitive but we still don't have any answers for them. Especially when f**king Derek Fisher decides to make shots for once. The prick!

I'm really torn about Boozer. I don't want to resign him b/c he isn't gonna lead us to a championship yet if he jets and we don't bring in any big pieces Deron may opt out and leave after next season or maybe he can in 2 years I can't remember.

I really hope we don't get screwed in the lottery either I want to get a top 6 pick and grab Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Both would automatically be better then Doufus and Fes. Then if he somehow falls to us I'd love to bring in Sherron Collins to replace Ronnie.

We really only have 2 seasons left before Deron can opt out. I don't like the idea of taking a step backwards because if we take too big of step back Deron could walk. Personally I think we should resign Boozer, draft a center, then hope we can move AK's expiring contract at some point in the season.

The thing about Booze though is that he's too damn short for us to really compete with the top teams. The same goes for Millsap who's even worse but I don't really want to shell out another 50 to 60 mill to keep Boozer around. I'd rather sacrifice next year and then see whats available then get locked down with Boozer's contract especially since he's so injury prone. I do agree on trading AK though. His contract is just too much to deal with right now and CJ seems to be getting better every year so hopefully next year he can be the consistent shooter and average defender we need him to be.

If we can get a legitimate defensive center ala Eaton, Ostertag it'll make up for some of Boozer's shortcomings. I also love the idea of Okur coming off the bench.

What's available? We're Utah. Nobody is coming here. We got the draft and that's it. So unless we got a top 3 pick this season I like my chances better with Boozer then with Greg Monroe.
I'm officially ready for the offsesaon. Can't say anything else after losing the game like that.

This offseason is going to be big for us. Hopefully we get a good draft slot(though I doubt it), and we'll see how the Boozer situation plays out.

Anyway, we fought hard tonight, and it was tough to see it end like that. It was even worse watching at work with a bunch of Laker fans

f**k man I probably woulda fought them all tonight if I was working there. I was so pissed. We've played so well this series for the most part but we just haven't had anything go our way down the stretch. Its a lot better then last year cuz we are being a lot more competitive but we still don't have any answers for them. Especially when f**king Derek Fisher decides to make shots for once. The prick!

I'm really torn about Boozer. I don't want to resign him b/c he isn't gonna lead us to a championship yet if he jets and we don't bring in any big pieces Deron may opt out and leave after next season or maybe he can in 2 years I can't remember.

I really hope we don't get screwed in the lottery either I want to get a top 6 pick and grab Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Both would automatically be better then Doufus and Fes. Then if he somehow falls to us I'd love to bring in Sherron Collins to replace Ronnie.

We really only have 2 seasons left before Deron can opt out. I don't like the idea of taking a step backwards because if we take too big of step back Deron could walk. Personally I think we should resign Boozer, draft a center, then hope we can move AK's expiring contract at some point in the season.

The thing about Booze though is that he's too damn short for us to really compete with the top teams. The same goes for Millsap who's even worse but I don't really want to shell out another 50 to 60 mill to keep Boozer around. I'd rather sacrifice next year and then see whats available then get locked down with Boozer's contract especially since he's so injury prone. I do agree on trading AK though. His contract is just too much to deal with right now and CJ seems to be getting better every year so hopefully next year he can be the consistent shooter and average defender we need him to be.

If we can get a legitimate defensive center ala Eaton, Ostertag it'll make up for some of Boozer's shortcomings. I also love the idea of Okur coming off the bench.

What's available? We're Utah. Nobody is coming here. We got the draft and that's it. So unless we got a top 3 pick this season I like my chances better with Boozer then with Greg Monroe.

A legitimate defensive center is extremely hard to come by anymore. We had a chance to get Camby but we blew it at the deadline. I have to check to see who's available this summer, but Id rather have Okur off the bench now too since no one knows how his Achillies will affect him for the rest of his career. However I do think people would come here if we had the $$$ to spend especially with Deron here. Having a a top 2 pg that has amazing court vision should be appealing to damn near anyone. Plus he is more liked around the league then Stockton ever was. As for the draft I'd be ok with Monroe or Aldrich. The rest of the big men behind these two and Cousins aren't worth our time. They're either too raw or too short, so hopefully Kevin O'Connor won't be going after Hassan Whiteside or Donatas Motiejunas.

A legitimate defensive center is extremely hard to come by anymore. We had a chance to get Camby but we blew it at the deadline. I have to check to see who's available this summer, but Id rather have Okur off the bench now too since no one knows how his Achillies will affect him for the rest of his career. However I do think people would come here if we had the $$$ to spend especially with Deron here. Having a a top 2 pg that has amazing court vision should be appealing to damn near anyone. Plus he is more liked around the league then Stockton ever was. As for the draft I'd be ok with Monroe or Aldrich. The rest of the big men behind these two and Cousins aren't worth our time. They're either too raw or too short, so hopefully Kevin O'Connor won't be going after Hassan Whiteside or Donatas Motiejunas.

Another problem is the 2011 free agent market just isn't that great. It's a big roll of the dice because if we land no one then we're stuck wondering if Deron is going to bolt.

Personally I think we're best off resigning Boozer and then getting Aldrich as our defensive center. Now we have tradeable pieces in Milsap, AK's expiring deal, and possibly Okur pending on how he heals. Otherwise he's great as a role player.

Another problem is the 2011 free agent market just isn't that great. It's a big roll of the dice because if we land no one then we're stuck wondering if Deron is going to bolt.

Personally I think we're best off resigning Boozer and then getting Aldrich as our defensive center. Now we have tradeable pieces in Milsap, AK's expiring deal, and possibly Okur pending on how he heals. Otherwise he's great as a role player.

If Booze resigns thats great I wouldn't necessarily hate it b/c he has become a great leader for the team and is perfect for the system, but he's so injury prone that you never know what you're gonna get from him year to year. With how he's played during the playoffs I'm sure Paul's trade value is pretty high right now though so I think you're right we probably will look at offers for him, but our bench would take a huge hit even with Okur coming back.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on May 9, 2010 at 12:12:42 ]

It was a good run just wish it woulda gone a game longer. Now all the questions of what happens this offseason.
IBTL
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
IBTL

IBTL

Don't be sad. You guys are who you thought you were. A 50+ win team that made it to the 2nd round. That's a helluva lot more than most teams have.
IBTL

Don't be sad. You guys are who you thought you were. A 50+ win team that made it to the 2nd round. That's a helluva lot more than most teams have.

but its the first time the Jazz have ever been swept in a best of 7 series. I just wanted 1 win.
IBTL

we appreciate the condolences, and we will return the favor in the Laker thread when the Suns send them packing.

Share 49ersWebzone