LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz 09-10 Thread*** 0-4

Yeah I basically am making this so I can talk to myself the whole time.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on May 10, 2010 at 22:19:19 ]
Quote:
Jazz guard C.J. Miles has a ruptured ligament in his left thumb and will need surgery.

Miles injured his hand during a fall on Monday while the team was practicing at London's O2 Arena. Utah will play Chicago in a preseason game overseas on Tuesday.

The team won't know how long Miles will be out until after the surgery.

Tough break for C.J. this is really gonna be his make or break year in Utah I think.
Quote:
Jazz forward Carlos Boozer was surprised by news that coach Jerry Sloan had yet to decide who would be the team's starting power forward.

Sloan is still deciding between incumbent Boozer and Paul Millsap.

"I feel like I'm the starter," Boozer told the Deseret News on Sunday. "I think I've earned that. That's the only role I've been in my whole career."

The two-time All-Star has started each game he's played in four of his five seasons in Utah.

"I think it's great to have competition," he added. "You know, I think Paul is very good. I guess if we are competing, then we're competing for it. But I feel like I am the starter."

Boozer, who opted into the final year of his contract this summer before appearing to angle for a trade, said that last season's injury shouldn't be held against him.

"Obviously me being hurt, that hurt us a little bit. I think if I was healthy we'd have a higher seed (than eighth in the Western Conference) in the playoffs," he said. "But, at the same time, maybe it does (have an impact on his status).

"You know, I can't control having knee surgery. I had to have it. I tried to avoid it, but I had to have it," added Boozer, who first sustained a quadriceps injury and later underwent arthroscopic knee surgery. "So if it affects me from that respect then that's (Sloan's) decision."

Boozer added that while he wants to start, he'd yield some minutes to Millsap if it meant the Jazz would win more games.

Via Deseret News

I'm truly shocked that Sloan would make it an open competition for the PF job and I can see this causing problems around midseason if Carlos isn't traded.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 5, 2009 at 23:13:47 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thats a lot more noise then I expected in here!
Quote:
(London, England 10/6/2009) -James Johnson sank a fade-away jump shot from the baseline at the buzzer Tuesday to give the Chicago Bulls a 102-101 win over the Utah Jazz in an NBA preseason game.

Johnson, who finished with 18 points, got the rebound after teammate Derrick Byars missed a shot from the top of the key.

Luol Deng, who was raised in London after his family fled war-torn Sudan, impressed early and also finished with 18 points at sold-out O2 Arena. He left the game in the third quarter and did not return.

Jannero Pargo scored 16 points for the Bulls. Paul Milsap led the Jazz with 18 points while Deron Williams and Wesley Matthews had 16 each.

Deng kept the crowd cheering and helped the Bulls build a 71-58 lead midway through the third quarter. But Williams then took over, hitting a 3-pointer, scoring from the field and making his free throws to close the gap.

Trailing 81-77 at the start of the fourth, the Jazz took the lead at 86-84 when Milsap drove for a layup and was fouled but was unable to complete the three-point play.

The Jazz appeared to be in command when Ronnie Price sank a pair of free throws with 25.4 seconds to go.

The game was played before a crowd of 18,689. The NBA was playing in London for the third straight preseason, and commissioner David Stern again noted he would like to have a regular-season game in the British capital before it hosts the 2012 Olympics.

Anybody know anything about Wesley Matthews?
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
(London, England 10/6/2009) -James Johnson sank a fade-away jump shot from the baseline at the buzzer Tuesday to give the Chicago Bulls a 102-101 win over the Utah Jazz in an NBA preseason game.

Johnson, who finished with 18 points, got the rebound after teammate Derrick Byars missed a shot from the top of the key.

Luol Deng, who was raised in London after his family fled war-torn Sudan, impressed early and also finished with 18 points at sold-out O2 Arena. He left the game in the third quarter and did not return.

Jannero Pargo scored 16 points for the Bulls. Paul Milsap led the Jazz with 18 points while Deron Williams and Wesley Matthews had 16 each.

Deng kept the crowd cheering and helped the Bulls build a 71-58 lead midway through the third quarter. But Williams then took over, hitting a 3-pointer, scoring from the field and making his free throws to close the gap.

Trailing 81-77 at the start of the fourth, the Jazz took the lead at 86-84 when Milsap drove for a layup and was fouled but was unable to complete the three-point play.

The Jazz appeared to be in command when Ronnie Price sank a pair of free throws with 25.4 seconds to go.

The game was played before a crowd of 18,689. The NBA was playing in London for the third straight preseason, and commissioner David Stern again noted he would like to have a regular-season game in the British capital before it hosts the 2012 Olympics.

ask NinerFanMT
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Quote:

ask NinerFanMT

Really?

This thread is starting to deliver.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

This thread is starting to deliver.

f**k seriously lol I thought there were like two other Jazz fans on here but I think they disappeared.

What's up with Kirilenko this year?
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Um what about him? lol

Um what about him? lol

Is he healthy? Is he gonna get playing time? Starter? How's he looking in camp?

Um what about him? lol

Is he healthy? Is he gonna get playing time? Starter? How's he looking in camp?

More importantly, how's his confidence? That guy is a beast when Sloan doesn't make him suicidal.
Share 49ersWebzone