LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs Cotto Nov 14 in Las Vegas...

cotto is good but pacman always finds a way to prove us wrong.. especially his last 3 fights.. they haven't been close

the only guy i'm seriously worried about pac fighting is b*tchweather.. pac's speed doesn't matter.. floyd's too smart and defensive of a fighter.. still can't believe how silly he made marquez look
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
FIGUEROA: "I WAS DOING THE PACQUIAO MOVEMENTS; I GOT SENT HOME NOT KNOWING WHY"

Real odd. Sounds like he was doing real good as a sparring partner for Cotto. Wonder why they let him go without his knowledge.

he was probably whoopin' cotto's a55.. only thing i could think of

That's kinda what I got out of it too. On the other hand, there's an article out there (probably written by a Cotto supporter) that talks about how Pacman floored his sparring partner twice (Porter, who's a superwelterweight), but then goes to say how Pacman gets plastered right after that. Hard to believe he got "plastered" when Roach is saying Pacquiao's almost ready for the fight against Cotto.
Pacman's sparring partner Shawn Porter

Wish I could see some video of their sparring sessions. Dude looks huge.
Cotto was dominated by Sugar Shane, I dont see him having any success against Manny.

Manny by TKO in the middle rounds
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Cotto was dominated by Sugar Shane, I dont see him having any success against Manny.

I hope you are right!
Originally posted by titan:

I hope you are right!

still can't sleep on cotto though..

man i hella want to go to vegas for this one..
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Pacman's sparring partner Shawn Porter

Wish I could see some video of their sparring sessions. Dude looks huge.

Porter's pretty solid. He's a former golden gloves winner at junior middle if I remember correctly, and from everything that's been written, he was hands down the best sparring partner Pacquiao's ever had.

I watched a couple of his fights on youtube...looks like dude has some damn good power to go along with some speed.
Originally posted by titan:

I hope you are right!

still can't sleep on cotto though..

man i hella want to go to vegas for this one..

I'll be there! But not at the fight. Tickets too damn expensive now.
The reason why Cotto got this fight is because he is a ''forward'' fighter.

It's always a fight when he shows up, just like Juan Diaz.

This will be an exciting fight, but will end in Pac KTFO of Cotto.

Worth the money IMO
24/7 is on now.. Sh*t got me hyped!

24/7 is on now.. Sh*t got me hyped!

and it's that very episode that left me feeling very uneasy about Pac. a while back, I heard he wanted to get into politics and after hearing this, I knew this guy was doomed to get sucked into the moral corruption of Philippine politics.

but to my surprise, it seems as though he's getting taken to the bank by that shady looking advisor, Michael Koncz. don't know about you but I was surprised to see a pretty different crew training in P.I. i thought Roach and Moorer were a great combination, yet after that episode, we have Pac embroiled in the Philippine drama denying Roach's request to break camp.

if things go the way they seem to be going, I won't be surprised to see Cotto win, though I'm a diehard Pac fan.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The reason why Cotto got this fight is because he is a ''forward'' fighter.

It's always a fight when he shows up, just like Juan Diaz.

This will be an exciting fight, but will end in Pac KTFO of Cotto.

Worth the money IMO

It also helps that he's signed with Top Rank. Bob Arum will get a pretty nice piece of the pie.
Getting stoked for this fight.

You can see/hear the extra power that Manny's packing with the extra weight. Still they can't take Cotto lightly. Should be an exciting fight; hopefully more competitve than the Hatton fight.

You do know Cotto won that fight right?
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

You do know Cotto won that fight right?

Yep. Cotto put on the performance of his life by beating Shane to the punch (which is hard to do because Shane's very fast) and just plain outboxing Shane.
Share 49ersWebzone