http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iDGFN0-co

Sweet Jesus.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 49erha:

you da man!!!!

Thanks!

lesnar is the guy everyone will love to hate. What's up with those 2 middle fingers.

_________

He is a guy the UFC needs. I absolutely love it. Nobody gave him the time of day and laughed in his face because of his WWE stint. They can keep talking. It clearly worked for Mir. Not a single heavyweight in MMA can take him. That includes Fedor. A great underdog story.

He simply dominates. What are you going to do? Take him to the ground? Advantage Lesnar. Exchange standing up? Try again. Wear him out past round 3? You'll never make it that far.

Its like the Yankees...more people tune in just to see if they'll lose.

People will call on Dana more loudly now to make Fedor v. Lesnar happen. We'll see if the UFC can pull it off.

I really really really dont like the guy......

but I cant help but agree with you.....

Every rational thought that I have said Mir is the PERFECT fighter to take lesnar out...

Mir has the size.....not mass...but length....to be effective against some one as large as Lesnar.....or so i thought....

What we saw in that fight was nuts.......its like when i roll with a 12 year old...

the poster above that pushed up Jeff Monson....I dont think so....his arms are way to short when he gets on the ground he would never be able to get up.....hell he might not be able to close his guard around some one as thick as Lesnar.....you can Forget armbars or triangles from the ground his frame cant give him the proper leverage.....

Some one is going to knock Lesnar out standing up , or be a hell of alot more active on the ground then Mir....
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jul 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 49erha:

you da man!!!!

Thanks!

lesnar is the guy everyone will love to hate. What's up with those 2 middle fingers.

_________

He is a guy the UFC needs. I absolutely love it. Nobody gave him the time of day and laughed in his face because of his WWE stint. They can keep talking. It clearly worked for Mir. Not a single heavyweight in MMA can take him. That includes Fedor. A great underdog story.

He simply dominates. What are you going to do? Take him to the ground? Advantage Lesnar. Exchange standing up? Try again. Wear him out past round 3? You'll never make it that far.

Its like the Yankees...more people tune in just to see if they'll lose.

People will call on Dana more loudly now to make Fedor v. Lesnar happen. We'll see if the UFC can pull it off.

I really really really dont like the guy......

but I cant help but agree with you.....

Every rational thought that I have said Mir is the PERFECT fighter to take lesnar out...

Mir has the size.....not mass...but length....to be effective against some one as large as Lesnar.....or so i thought....

What we saw in that fight was nuts.......its like when i roll with a 12 year old...

the poster above that pushed up Jeff Monson....I dont think so....his arms are way to short when he gets on the ground he would never be able to get up.....hell he might not be able to close his guard around some one as thick as Lesnar.....you can Forget armbars or triangles from the ground his frame cant give him the proper leverage.....

Some one is going to knock Lesnar out standing up , or be a hell of alot more active on the ground then Mir....

I was just suggesting Monson as a what if?

Listen if 6'0 Fedor can armbar 7'4 Hong Man Choi, I have no doubt someone 5'9 can armbar someone 6'3".

How?

Fedor used his legs with devastating proficiency when he armbarred Hong Man Choi.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM ]
I would never bet money on Monson (5'9, 250) who is the king of submission grappling against Brock but you got me thinking and here's the size of 3 of his last 4 opponents of which he all beat soundly:

6'2, 315 submission
6'4, 240 submission
6'0, 265 decision unanimous
6'4, 260 decision unanimous
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I would never bet money on Monson (5'9, 250) who is the king of submission grappling against Brock but you got me thinking and here's the size of 3 of his last 4 opponents of which he all beat soundly:

6'2, 315 submission
6'4, 240 submission

I think if Monson was facing Lesnar than I bet Monson would look for the RNC, just like he did Mark Kerr.
Monson challenges Kimbo Slice! hahahahahahahah

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Monson would own Slice.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

6'2, 315 submission
6'4, 240 submission

choke yes......

its very very very hard to armbar someone who has a massive length and size advantage on your.

you can forget any triangle,omoplatas , guiltines ect

basically...if he ends up on his back he is going to have no way to attack and there is a really good chance he will not have the leverage to get back up. If he ends up mounted he is going to have to come out the back door becuase it will be impossible for him to bridge....

i am still not a 100% sold he can even close his guard on him....

if he wants to its going to be SO LOW that he is not going to be able to disrupt him anyway.... You can 100% forget any sort of close high guard , that would be physically impossible for him against some one that thick..