+1
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 49erha:

you da man!!!!

Thanks!

lesnar is the guy everyone will love to hate. What's up with those 2 middle fingers.

_________

He is a guy the UFC needs. I absolutely love it. Nobody gave him the time of day and laughed in his face because of his WWE stint. They can keep talking. It clearly worked for Mir. Not a single heavyweight in MMA can take him. That includes Fedor. A great underdog story.

He simply dominates. What are you going to do? Take him to the ground? Advantage Lesnar. Exchange standing up? Try again. Wear him out past round 3? You'll never make it that far.

Its like the Yankees...more people tune in just to see if they'll lose.

People will call on Dana more loudly now to make Fedor v. Lesnar happen. We'll see if the UFC can pull it off.

Exactly what MMA needs? He is turning the UFC into the WWE. Making it a joke with all this "vilian" crap.

Umm, that's not a bad thing... that's a good thing.

Originally posted by aman49:

you da man!!!!

Thanks!

lesnar is the guy everyone will love to hate. What's up with those 2 middle fingers.

_________

He is a guy the UFC needs. I absolutely love it. Nobody gave him the time of day and laughed in his face because of his WWE stint. They can keep talking. It clearly worked for Mir. Not a single heavyweight in MMA can take him. That includes Fedor. A great underdog story.

He simply dominates. What are you going to do? Take him to the ground? Advantage Lesnar. Exchange standing up? Try again. Wear him out past round 3? You'll never make it that far.

People will call on Dana more loudly now to make Fedor v. Lesnar happen. We'll see if the UFC can pull it off.

Exactly what MMA needs? He is turning the UFC into the WWE. Making it a joke with all this "vilian" crap.

A lot of people are saying this is gonna be negative exposure for UFC, I HIGHLY disagree. More people are gonna talk about UFC and more people are gonna buy more shows to see what happens in Lesnar's next fight. What Lesnar did afterwards was awesome I'd rather see him trying to get the crowd even more riled up instead of seeing him puss out and start crying just b/c he's not liked. I've never really been into UFC but I might start watching more just b/c of him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by aman49:

you da man!!!!

Thanks!

_________

A lot of people are saying this is gonna be negative exposure for UFC, I HIGHLY disagree. More people are gonna talk about UFC and more people are gonna buy more shows to see what happens in Lesnar's next fight. What Lesnar did afterwards was awesome I'd rather see him trying to get the crowd even more riled up instead of seeing him puss out and start crying just b/c he's not liked. I've never really been into UFC but I might start watching more just b/c of him.

Exactly. You and thousands of other people across the globe. Welcome.

Love him or hate him...we all want to watch him. His rise to MMA superstardom is great of all of MMA.
Lesnar vs Mir full. get it while it's hot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jrg:

Brock Lesnar is the new Mike Tyson. The money he is going to bring into the UFC is going to be sickening. The MMA world will never, EVER be looked at as a serious, honorable sport in the United States. Not going to happen. So why waste the time trying to make it "respectable?"

Go the colorful route, and make this the bloodsport it's already viewed as by most Americans. Brock Lesnar's flash and flair is just the beginning. Dana White may try to downplay his antics in public, but you know he licking every Benjamin Brock brings in behind closed doors.

This is the future of entertainment right here. As mainstream as UFC has become in recent years, what happened tonight is what is REALLY going to catapault the business to ridiculous new heights. White once said in Playboy that he thought UFC could become as big as the NFL one day. Get 10 more men like Brock Lesnar into his company....genuinely great fighters who are not afraid to speak their minds....and it just might happen.
Wait so Brock can get away with being an ass, while fighters like Evans are criticized for being the same way? I hope we dont get hypocritical here. Brock is a decent fighter, but the UFC HW division is the B-level competition.

At the same time, I think Dana will hurt this product in the long run. With only the WEC as an exception(which they own as a "minor" league), by not integrating other promotions into the mix, he will hurt MMA by his tactics of trying to squash the competition. He's still hell bent on stopping such promotions as StrikeForce and especially Affliction. I see him trying to be like the WWE in terms of trying to do too much by themselves.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Never once paid attention to UFC until Brock Lesnar arrived. Because I was a fan of him in the WWE.
Originally posted by crzy:
Never once paid attention to UFC until Brock Lesnar arrived. Because I was a fan of him in the WWE.

Same here. Plus the latest season of Ultimate Fighter got me really into it!!
Lesnar vs

book it
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Brock Lesnar is the new Mike Tyson. The money he is going to bring into the UFC is going to be sickening. The MMA world will never, EVER be looked at as a serious, honorable sport in the United States. Not going to happen. So why waste the time trying to make it "respectable?"

Go the colorful route, and make this the bloodsport it's already viewed as by most Americans. Brock Lesnar's flash and flair is just the beginning. Dana White may try to downplay his antics in public, but you know he licking every Benjamin Brock brings in behind closed doors.

This is the future of entertainment right here. As mainstream as UFC has become in recent years, what happened tonight is what is REALLY going to catapault the business to ridiculous new heights. White once said in Playboy that he thought UFC could become as big as the NFL one day. Get 10 more men like Brock Lesnar into his company....genuinely great fighters who are not afraid to speak their minds....and it just might happen.

MMA will never become mainstream. No matter what they do, it's just in the nature of the sport. How many parents do you think will sit with their 10yr old and watch Frank Gore run in from the 5yr line? Now how many parents would sit with their 10yr old and watch Mike Danzig get f**ked up in the face?

MMA is destined IMO to be an underground sport that men 16-40 will enjoy.
damn bisping got put to sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iDGFN0-co
Share 49ersWebzone