There are 280 users in the forums

UFC 100 Predictions

UFC 100 Predictions

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Brock Lesnar is the new Mike Tyson. The money he is going to bring into the UFC is going to be sickening. The MMA world will never, EVER be looked at as a serious, honorable sport in the United States. Not going to happen. So why waste the time trying to make it "respectable?"

Go the colorful route, and make this the bloodsport it's already viewed as by most Americans. Brock Lesnar's flash and flair is just the beginning. Dana White may try to downplay his antics in public, but you know he licking every Benjamin Brock brings in behind closed doors.

This is the future of entertainment right here. As mainstream as UFC has become in recent years, what happened tonight is what is REALLY going to catapault the business to ridiculous new heights. White once said in Playboy that he thought UFC could become as big as the NFL one day. Get 10 more men like Brock Lesnar into his company....genuinely great fighters who are not afraid to speak their minds....and it just might happen.

MMA will never become mainstream. No matter what they do, it's just in the nature of the sport. How many parents do you think will sit with their 10yr old and watch Frank Gore run in from the 5yr line? Now how many parents would sit with their 10yr old and watch Mike Danzig get f**ked up in the face?

MMA is destined IMO to be an underground sport that men 16-40 will enjoy.

If the UFC continues on the same trajectory it could happen. Though, it probably won't happen this decade. But as today's 16-25 year olds turn into 30 or 40-something fathers of those 10 yr old kids...they will definitely share it with their children. Who, in turn, will pass it to their children. Just like you and football.

It just won't happen in the next 10 years because today's parents don't have a comfort level with MMA, just yet. They will.

Some people have called the UFC as still "underground". WTF are they talking about? 1 million PPV buys is not underground. Undeniably dethroning boxing is not underground. You can make that case that MMA is in this nation's top 6 sports, right now. I don't know how "underground" a sport can be when ESPN leads with it on Sportscenter and their website. Let's get real. UFC is not viewed as underground. It was in the Gracie days. But not the Lesnar era.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Never once paid attention to UFC until Brock Lesnar arrived. Because I was a fan of him in the WWE.

Same here.
I hate it how everybody and their mama is an MMA expert all of the sudden.

i.e. yesterday , some dude said that,''Lesnar is an ok shooter, but not the best.''

What a retard.

He was a friggin NCAA wrestling champion.

It's annoying and cheesy sometimes.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Lesnar vs

book it

Lesnar would absolutely destroy Kimbo. If Kimbo got knocked out from a jab by a dude with pink hair then Lesnars punch would kill the guy.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Lesnar vs

book it

Lesnar would absolutely destroy Kimbo. If Kimbo got knocked out from a jab by a dude with pink hair then Lesnars punch would kill the guy.

Yeah, that's a joke. Kimbo is a chump, yo!
Another failed event by the UFC 2 of the fights were fought entirely on the floor thanks GSP.
If it wasn't for Lesnar going bannanas Dana White would be apologizing for awful card last night.
The Bisping KO was epic though.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Another failed event by the UFC 2 of the fights were fought entirely on the floor thanks GSP.
If it wasn't for Lesnar going bannanas Dana White would be apologizing for awful card last night.

Am I the only one ignoring the elephant in the room STEROIDS!

This is turning into a redneck sport. BTW I love my Redneck brothers.
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
If you don't like the ground game then Mixed Martial Arts is not your sport. Try Boxing
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Another failed attempt by a boxing fan to call a UFC event a fail.

That was a solid fight card. What you saw was GSP taking a fighter out of his game, and making him fight his fight, which is the way of MMA. Put ANY 170 pound boxer in there with GSP, and you would get the same outcome. Alves had one game plan and he said it himself, he wanted to knockout GSP, but GSP took his legs out in front of him. Poor game planning by Alves.

Hendo vs. Bisping = exceeded expectations (I like Bisping, but he was over his head with Hendo)

Lesnar vs. Mir = Exactly what I thought it would be, a different fight

Fitch vs. Thiago = exceeded expectations, I thought Thiago would KO Fitch (similar to GSP vs. Alves fight)
Originally posted by Blackgoat49ers5:
If you don't like the ground game then Mixed Martial Arts is not your sport. Try Boxing

I was about to post the same thing.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Another failed attempt by a boxing fan to call a UFC event a fail.

That was a solid fight card. What you saw was GSP taking a fighter out of his game, and making him fight his fight, which is the way of MMA. Put ANY 170 pound boxer in there with GSP, and you would get the same outcome. Alves had one game plan and he said it himself, he wanted to knockout GSP, but GSP took his legs out in front of him. Poor game planning by Alves.

Hendo vs. Bisping = exceeded expectations (I like Bisping, but he was over his head with Hendo)

Lesnar vs. Mir = Exactly what I thought it would be, a different fight

Fitch vs. Thiago = exceeded expectations, I thought Thiago would KO Fitch (similar to GSP vs. Alves fight)

i agree...

I hate lesnar!!
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Am I the only one ignoring the elephant in the room STEROIDS!

This is turning into a redneck sport. BTW I love my Redneck brothers.

i have to agree that sh1t looked like roid rage

You might want to stck with the greatest knockouts on youtube and such. MMA is about all different kinds of martial arts. I for one were amazed at how GSP took Alves down with ease.

dang, he went with the bud light
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
damn bisping got put to sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iDGFN0-co

Sweet Jesus.
Share 49ersWebzone