LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

UFC 100 Predictions

UFC 100 Predictions

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM ]
I think Hendo's over the hill and Bisping will beat him down with technical proficiency in a decision. GSP will face his toughest matchup so far but will wear down Alves and TKO him in the 3rd. Mir in an upset victory over Lesnar. I don't know how he'll do it, but Mir has buffed up and his standup game...Lesnar better be careful. Lesnar's training is supreme but I think his lack of experience shows up again on Sat.[/code]
Jesus, we're already up to UFC 100?!?

How does this thing work anyways? Is there like a championship bout every month? Doesn't that take away the credibility of it all?

I don't really know much about UFC, but it's just hard for me to get excited about UFC 451 when I just got all pumped up for UFC 438 a few weeks earlier.
Lock this b***h up

We don't need another thread for the Mens Dry Humping 100
Originally posted by Apples:
Jesus, we're already up to UFC 100?!?

How does this thing work anyways? Is there like a championship bout every month? Doesn't that take away the credibility of it all?

I don't really know much about UFC, but it's just hard for me to get excited about UFC 451 when I just got all pumped up for UFC 438 a few weeks earlier.

November 12, 1993 was the date of UFC 1.

So with this bit of info they average 6 events per year, one every two months.

There are 5 divisions in the UFC. So there's a potential of 5-10 title defenses every year I guess. Fighters probably won't fight more than 3 times per year though.

Lightweight 155
Welterweight 170
Middleweight 185
Light Heavyweight 205
Heavyweight 265
Frank Mir will break another opponent's arm.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Lock this b***h up

We don't need another thread for the Mens Dry Humping 100

Stand alone polls are OK out of officials threads or main topic threads.
Bisping/GSP/Mir
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wanna say Alves, but I know damn well GSP will own this fight. Alves is nothing more than a brawler and just wants to beat the crap outta people. GSP, a more cool, clam, focused and balanced fighter will wear out his opponent then figure out which way he wants to beat him. But this is the first time I've seen GSP go up against a Brazilian, lets see how he does.
Hendo beats Bisping. Alves KO's GSP. Lesnar GNPs Mir.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Lesnar ALMOST had Mir, just got too excited and couldn't finish him. I don't think I would fault him for that, it was his debut in the UFC. I think its gonna be a way different fight now.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lesnar ALMOST had Mir, just got too excited and couldn't finish him. I don't think I would fault him for that, it was his debut in the UFC. I think its gonna be a way different fight now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lesnar is just too strong and quick for Mir. I picture Lesnar taking it to the ground quick before Mir gets comfortable with standing up, a mistake the Nogueira made.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Exactly what I was thinking. Lesnar is just too strong and quick for Mir. I picture Lesnar taking it to the ground quick before Mir gets comfortable with standing up, a mistake the Nogueira made.

I just can't, in good conscience, root for Lesnar. If he wins, I lose respect for the UFC. The guy just spends the entire fight sitting on people and throwing non-damaging punches. I hope Mir chokes him out.
GSP is the man
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by King49er:
GSP is the man

Canadian!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone