• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by King49er:
GSP is the man

Canadian!!!!

It's true though.

After GSP owned BJ at UFC 94, I quit hating on GSP, I gotta give him props. Yes, he is the best at his weight class and I doubt Alves will beat him.

......GSP
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I liked Mir but after hearing his post match interviews, he's too cocky and seems overconfident, angering Brock Lesnars ex steriod ass.

Acting as if he could actually box with Brock.

Crazy and Mir would get ktfo
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I liked Mir but after hearing his post match interviews, he's too cocky and seems overconfident, angering Brock Lesnars ex steriod ass.

I'm ordering it.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

Yeah Mir and Bisping are huge trash talkers. Regardless if Brock was in the WWE...he was a world class athlete prior in collegiate wrestling, and you can't discount that.

Did you guys hear Mir backing up his standup skills because he KO'd Nogueria? He beat up an old and washed up 40 yr+ old Nog who's probably been in twice as many fights and taken way more hits to the head than 31 yr old Mir. He should be thanking Fedor for softening up Nog for him like 4-6 years ago in their epic battles in Pride.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Lock this b***h up

We don't need another thread for the Mens Dry Humping 100

Stand alone polls are OK out of officials threads or main topic threads.

I wonder if you guys can make it so we can post a poll within a thread? That would be sweet...I think.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Hendo beats Bisping. Alves KO's GSP. Lesnar GNPs Mir.

Lesnar ALMOST had Mir, just got too excited and couldn't finish him. I don't think I would fault him for that, it was his debut in the UFC. I think its gonna be a way different fight now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lesnar is just too strong and quick for Mir. I picture Lesnar taking it to the ground quick before Mir gets comfortable with standing up, a mistake the Nogueira made.

I just can't, in good conscience, root for Lesnar. If he wins, I lose respect for the UFC. The guy just spends the entire fight sitting on people and throwing non-damaging punches. I hope Mir chokes him out.

Non-damaging punches? Did you see Mir's face after their first fight. His face was jacked after less than 2 minutes. Heath Herring's face was jacked. Randy even said in his post fight interview how heavy Brocks hammer fists were. A lot of people say they can't root for Lesnar because they say he never earned it, but look at the guy. Physically, he's everything you look for in an MMA fighter. He just needs to learn some jui jitsu defense and some standup.

Lesnar ALMOST had Mir, just got too excited and couldn't finish him. I don't think I would fault him for that, it was his debut in the UFC. I think its gonna be a way different fight now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lesnar is just too strong and quick for Mir. I picture Lesnar taking it to the ground quick before Mir gets comfortable with standing up, a mistake the Nogueira made.

I just can't, in good conscience, root for Lesnar. If he wins, I lose respect for the UFC. The guy just spends the entire fight sitting on people and throwing non-damaging punches. I hope Mir chokes him out.

Non-damaging punches? Did you see Mir's face after their first fight. His face was jacked after less than 2 minutes. Heath Herring's face was jacked. Randy even said in his post fight interview how heavy Brocks hammer fists were. A lot of people say they can't root for Lesnar because they say he never earned it, but look at the guy. Physically, he's everything you look for in an MMA fighter. He just needs to learn some jui jitsu defense and some standup.

I was mostly just referring to the dinky hammer punches he was throwing when Mir was on the ground. No doubt Lesnar hits like a wrecking ball....still, I just can't get behind him. He still acts likes it wrestling after his wins, when he's being interviewed by Rogan.

I was mostly just referring to the dinky hammer punches he was throwing when Mir was on the ground. No doubt Lesnar hits like a wrecking ball....still, I just can't get behind him. He still acts likes it wrestling after his wins, when he's being interviewed by Rogan.

You understand that he was an NCAA national champion in wrestling right?

A lot of the MMA greats have heavy college wrestling backgrounds...Couture, Hendo, Evans, Coleman, etc...
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM ]

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

A lot of the MMA greats have heavy college wrestling backgrounds...Couture, Hendo, Evans, Coleman, etc...

You should also keep an eye on Shane Carwin...he's a former collegiate wrestler, and at 6'3, 265, he's almost as big as Brock, in fact his hands are bigger than Brock's and he probably packs a harder punch as he KTFO Gonzaga in his last fight. His strategy is pretty much the same as Brocks at this point in his fighting career---get your opponent to the ground and GNP all day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I was mostly just referring to the dinky hammer punches he was throwing when Mir was on the ground.
No doubt Lesnar hits like a wrecking ball....still, I just can't get behind him. He still acts likes it wrestling after his wins, when he's being interviewed by Rogan.

I think that was pretty much just being excited that it was his debut and most of all INEXPERIENCE!!! Once he dropped Mir, he just simply didn't know how to take it, all power no skill, no technique.

No?! Really?! I had noes ideas! I was obviously referring to WWE when I said he acts like a wrestler when he wins. How does an NCAA wrestler act after a win, exactly?

Thanks for the MUCH needed history lesson though. I will look into this Couture guy. He sounds super cool.

No?! Really?! I had noes ideas! I was obviously referring to WWE when I said he acts like a wrestler when he wins. How does an NCAA wrestler act after a win, exactly?

Thanks for the MUCH needed history lesson though. I will look into this Couture guy. He sounds super cool.

Doesn't everyone act foolish after a win in the UFC? GSP doing backflips, Lyoto jumping up on the cage screaming his lungs out, Lil Heathen running and slamming his head straight into the cage?

There's no need to be sarcastic....what Brock did to Herring after he jacked him up was just the aftermath of all the smack talk Herring was laying down on Brock prior to their fight.

I think you, like many others, have been corralled into Brock's WWE background too much.

Doesn't everyone act foolish after a win in the UFC? GSP doing backflips, Lyoto jumping up on the cage screaming his lungs out, Lil Heathen running and slamming his head straight into the cage?

There's no need to be sarcastic....what Brock did to Herring after he jacked him up was just the aftermath of all the smack talk Herring was laying down on Brock prior to their fight.

I think you, like many others, have been corralled into Brock's WWE background too much.

There's a difference between being excited about a win, and talking like a pro wrestler when you're talking to Joe Rogan. No corralling here. I understand exactly what he is.
Share 49ersWebzone