There are 205 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I can't remember such a consolidation of power between so few teams, it's like college football next year. Basically it's LA, SA, Boston, and Cleveland...Orlando maybe, but I don't see the depth. if it was SA and Boston, I would think it would have the highest average age for both teams ever. This looks like a last hurrah for each and my early pick for the Finals.

Great analogy. I've never seen this either.

If the Lakers keep Odom, what number scoring option is he with your team, 3rd or 4th, when he's in their with Kobe and Artest?

He'd be 4th or 5th, depending upon Bynum's health. Bynum was our #3 option last year before he got hurt.

And dobo...agreed on the Big men/swingmen/point guards argument. The older I get, the more I realize that it's an apples and oranges discussion.
Spurs make huge moves this offseason, and STILL only 7 pages in this thread. Much like the Spurs, us fans are also efficient.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Spurs make huge moves this offseason, and STILL only 7 pages in this thread. Much like the Spurs, us fans are also efficient.

...and balding.

...and balding.

Well played.

...and balding.

Well played.

It was a batting practice fastball right down the middle of the plate.

BTW, I just had the pleasure of reading your gay flakes/Craiglist exchange. Priceless.

...and balding.

Well played.

It was a batting practice fastball right down the middle of the plate.

BTW, I just had the pleasure of reading your gay flakes/Craiglist exchange. Priceless.

Thanks! You're WAY behind, man!
Originally posted by dobophile:
For what it's worth, Chad Forde thinks the Spurs are the most improved team in the NBA.

Others:

Celtics #6. Magic #7. Cavs #9.

Lakers #23.

What people don't know is that SA won 54 games and here's how many games their big 3 missed:

Duncan missed 7 games (played more games at far less than 100% including playoffs)
Parker missed 10 games
Manu missed 38 games

And they had the second best record in the West. They really missed Manu in the playoffs along with someone in the paint when Duncan rested.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM ]
I watched a little bit of the Spurs' summer league game today, and was really impressed by DeJuan Blair. He might be the strongest guy on your team from Day 1...or very close to it, anyway. I'd describe him as a "bully", which I mean in the most complimentary of ways.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM ]
so i heard about dejuan blair that in the first mins of the game he already had 5 rebounds and like 8 points ....just paraphrasing don't know the actual stat of the game but i read it in spurstalk.com

and indeed dejuan will be a beast for this team...steal of the draft and the spurs are up on top once again....

funny how this franchise can stay on top for so long with the market it has....thats good business heads working together....like si writer wrote the spurs don't rebuild they reload....and i can see at least one more championship for tim duncan and company...they deserve to have those championships they're the league example of good players great team work and just plain great, win with grace and lose with style
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM ]
Popovich: 'If We Don't Win, I Should Be Fired'
Jul 19, 2009 8:05 PM EST

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich likes the moves the team has made so far this offseason.

"If we don't win it, I should probably be fired," Popovich told NBA.com.

However, he added that the Spurs will only go as far a healthy Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili next season.

Originally posted by GameOver:
Popovich: 'If We Don't Win, I Should Be Fired'
Jul 19, 2009 8:05 PM EST

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich likes the moves the team has made so far this offseason.

"If we don't win it, I should probably be fired," Popovich told NBA.com.

However, he added that the Spurs will only go as far a healthy Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili next season.

The guy is as passionate a basketball coach as you're gonna find. I envy you Spurs' fans...you monotonous bunch of "fundamentally sound" jerkwads
For what it's worth, Chad Forde thinks the Spurs are the most improved team in the NBA.

Others:

Celtics #6. Magic #7. Cavs #9.

Lakers #23.

go spurs!
I'm still having a hard time coping with the end of the Pistons era. They'd been declining for a couple years, and the AI/Billups trade was disastrous. But it's still sad.

The 2004 Finals dismantling of the Lakers was delicious. The 2005 Finals was the height of my enjoyment of the NBA. That's how basketball was meant to be played.

It's just not the same when they aren't tearing up the East.
Double Manu, leave Horry open. Sweet.
I'm still having a hard time coping with the end of the Pistons era. They'd been declining for a couple years, and the AI/Billups trade was disastrous. But it's still sad.

The 2004 Finals dismantling of the Lakers was delicious. The 2005 Finals was the height of my enjoyment of the NBA. That's how basketball was meant to be played.

Theo Ratliff?

The answer is no.
Share 49ersWebzone