LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

Originally posted by dobophile:
I think there will be a trade. A 2 for 1.

Bonner might be gone.

I guess it's not as bad as I originally thought. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I think there will be a trade. A 2 for 1.

Bonner might be gone.

I guess it's not as bad as I originally thought. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

FWIW, I think it's a good move. Duncan's your only shot-blocker, and that's not something that McDyess brings. Ratliff can't stay healthy, but when he's on the court he's still an excellent shot blocker/changer.

While I like what the Spurs have done, the likely reality is that they're gonna have to go through the Lakers in order to get to the Finals. And when I look at your roster, the first thing that comes to mind is "who guards Kobe"? I think you'll struggle with the Lakers until that question can be kinda-sorta answered.
Who will guard Kobe? Some combination of RJ, Hairston, and Hill. I'm more concerned about Gasol and Odom, frankly.

The key is to keep Kobe shooting. Take everyone else out of the game.

Gotta agree with this. The "who guards Kobe" argument can be used against any team that plays the Lakers. The main question is, if Odom is there, who's there to shut him out or who's there so that Gasol won't be a factor.
Longoria hurts leg while shaving in the shower
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

And let the injuries begin! Next is Manu...then RJ...then the metal man himself...Timmy...TIMMY!!!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

And let the injuries begin! Next is Manu...then RJ...then the metal man himself...Timmy...TIMMY!!!

Fitting nickname when you consider his sexual orientation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-spurs080809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Pop is a brutally honest man.

“We weren’t beating the Lakers, even if we were whole,” Popovich said. “If you really wanted to be honest with yourself, you had to think that.”

Are we serious about wanting another championship? “If so,” Popovich said, “it’s time to pony up.”

“By no means are we the best team in the league,” Popovich said. “But I think we’re back in the ballgame.”

For years, the franchise had remained, in Popovich’s words, “frugal.”

“We’ve always wanted to compete, and the environment in the NBA allowed a team like us to do so,” Popovich said. “If you wanted to work at having a shot at winning the championship and still be under the tax, it could be done. But the way the talent has shifted in the league, it’s almost impossible to do that now.”

“I’d be disingenuous if I said I didn’t worry [about Manu] because he does have some miles,” Popovich said. “But I don’t think it’s a Grant Hill situation or [Zydrunas] Ilgauskas or Yao Ming thing. I don’t think it’s that kind of thing, where his foot is kind of brittle.”

“My goal,” Popovich said, “is for [Duncan] to start the season out of shape.”

Oh, and Duncan is down to 240 pounds.

Good interview, and nice points made all around. But what does he mean by Tim starting the season out of shape? Is he insinuating that he wants him to rest the whole offseason?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

“We weren’t beating the Lakers, even if we were whole,” Popovich said. “If you really wanted to be honest with yourself, you had to think that.”

Are we serious about wanting another championship? “If so,” Popovich said, “it’s time to pony up.”

“By no means are we the best team in the league,” Popovich said. “But I think we’re back in the ballgame.”

“We’ve always wanted to compete, and the environment in the NBA allowed a team like us to do so,” Popovich said. “If you wanted to work at having a shot at winning the championship and still be under the tax, it could be done. But the way the talent has shifted in the league, it’s almost impossible to do that now.”

“I’d be disingenuous if I said I didn’t worry [about Manu] because he does have some miles,” Popovich said. “But I don’t think it’s a Grant Hill situation or [Zydrunas] Ilgauskas or Yao Ming thing. I don’t think it’s that kind of thing, where his foot is kind of brittle.”

Good interview, and nice points made all around. But what does he mean by Tim starting the season out of shape? Is he insinuating that he wants him to rest the whole offseason?

I think he just wants to cut down on Duncan's running and scrimmaging because of the impact on his knees. Duncan will still be doing things like lifting weights and swimming, I think.

BTW, if I have to hear one more time about LeBron being 6'9'' and 270 pounds . . .

Dude is shorter than Boozer and barely taller than Carmelo. He's 6'7'' or maybe 6'8''. And 270 pounds? Please.

This guy is so overhyped, it's ridiculous.

WTF?!? It looks like Couch K is about to......."service" that entire line.

I think he just wants to cut down on Duncan's running and scrimmaging because of the impact on his knees. Duncan will still be doing things like lifting weights and swimming, I think.

BTW, if I have to hear one more time about LeBron being 6'9'' and 270 pounds . . .

Dude is shorter than Boozer and barely taller than Carmelo. He's 6'7'' or maybe 6'8''. And 270 pounds? Please.

LOL. That extremely awkward photo is brought to you by Adidas. They sponsor D-12, but Nike sponsored the Olympic team. Coach K is carefully positioned to block the Nike logo on D-12's shoe.
Coach K is blocking the Adidas on Howard's shoes. Howard is blocking the Nike swoosh on his shorts.

So weird.

Oh, that's right. D-12's wearing the Adidas.

Poor Chris Paul. Nobody wants to go last.
OK, I'm ready for the offseason to end.

Dude, let football get going before we jump into BBall.
OK, I'm ready for the offseason to end.

Dude, let football get going before we jump into BBall.

I want both to start NOW!

I can respect that. Then again, my team being the reigning NBA champs, I'm quite enjoying the off season.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Then again, my team being the reigning NBA champs, I'm quite enjoying the off season.

Originally posted by Dino:
Then again, my team being the reigning NBA champs, I'm quite enjoying the off season.

Yeah, I went there.
Share 49ersWebzone