LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

Thought you'd like this reaction from a Laker fan on the board I frequent...

Quote:
damn why won't the Spurs just die off already? Seriously.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:

Oh you just HAVE to bring the Lakers up in every thread, don't you?!? ......
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Quote:

Oh you just HAVE to bring the Lakers up in every thread, don't you?!? ......
WFAN is reporting signing of McDyess

If true, that is a hell of a signing for you guys....
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
To make this a perfect offseason, the Spurs should trade Tony Parker for Ryan Anderson.

Only Tony Parker? Riiiight. You guys better throw in RJ and Timmy if you want this beast...

Last season, when Duncan sits down to rest, we had no one doing any work in the paint. Now we have picked up a few guys who can play above the rim...

Oh, by the way,.....

Take a look at these career stats:

17.7 points per game
47% FG
35% 3-point
5.3 rebounds per game

In case you didn't know, those are the stats of our 4th option on offense.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I can't remember such a consolidation of power between so few teams, it's like college football next year. Basically it's LA, SA, Boston, and Cleveland...Orlando maybe, but I don't see the depth. if it was SA and Boston, I would think it would have the highest average age for both teams ever. This looks like a last hurrah for each and my early pick for the Finals.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I can't remember such a consolidation of power between so few teams, it's like college football next year. Basically it's LA, SA, Boston, and Cleveland...Orlando maybe, but I don't see the depth. if it was SA and Boston, I would think it would have the highest average age for both teams ever. This looks like a last hurrah for each and my early pick for the Finals.

What I'm wondering is that if Duncan gets his 5th championship, where does that put him?

Great analogy. I've never seen this either.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

What I'm wondering is that if Duncan gets his 5th championship, where does that put him?

Honestly I don't know that it changes all that much. He's already widely considered the best PF ever, and probably has the most rings already with almost a different team each time, not like previous guys with that many who played with largely the same core during their run (MJ did, but had two distinctive teams and won 3 each, Duncan is a little different) I guess 5 would put him in a special group, but really he's already in a pretty special group by himself - least hyped/ appreciated superstar ever.

Originally posted by Joecool:

Honestly I don't know that it changes all that much. He's already widely considered the best PF ever, and probably has the most rings already with almost a different team each time, not like previous guys with that many who played with largely the same core during their run (MJ did, but had two distinctive teams and won 3 each, Duncan is a little different) I guess 5 would put him in a special group, but really he's already in a pretty special group by himself - least hyped/ appreciated superstar ever.

He's considered as one of if not the best PF ever but when it comes to best players ever, he is not mentioned anywhere near the top 5 whereas Shaq or Kobe are and those guys won 3 while on the same team.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
I think there should be three sets of NBA player rankings. It's kind of stupid to argue about, say, Hakeem versus Oscar Robertson. (Or Tim Duncan versus Jordan or Magic.)

1. Point guards

2. Swingmen

3. Bigs

Tim Duncan is a top 5 big, along with Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, and Russell. (Sorry, Hakeem.)

I would put Hakeem over Shaq, but I'm in the minority.
What's funny is that most people don't even realize Duncan has 4 championships.

Great analogy. I've never seen this either.

If the Lakers keep Odom, what number scoring option is he with your team, 3rd or 4th, when he's in their with Kobe and Artest?
I have a feeling Spurs are gathering players to make a big trade for an elite player...but I could keep dreamin.
Share 49ersWebzone