LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 462 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Offseason thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The Spurs couldn't drive up the price on Odom because they'd have to do a sign and trade w/the Lakers to make it happen. This is just some of the crap that gets thrown against the wall during this period of time.

I hope you guys make the mistake of choosing Ariza over Odom if it comes down to one choice but no one is that stupid.

Odom: points off the bench, rebounding anytime, cleanup around the basket, 3's, defense on 1s through 4s

Ariza: some points off the bench, 3's, and defense on 1s through 3's
Originally posted by Joecool:
The Spurs couldn't drive up the price on Odom because they'd have to do a sign and trade w/the Lakers to make it happen. This is just some of the crap that gets thrown against the wall during this period of time.

I hope you guys make the mistake of choosing Ariza over Odom if it comes down to one choice but no one is that stupid.

Odom: points off the bench, rebounding anytime, cleanup around the basket, 3's, defense on 1s through 4s

Ariza: some points off the bench, 3's, and defense on 1s through 3's

odom usually never hits 3's, cept during the finals. and he never guards 1's. But anyway i still agree with u, odom more important than ariza. but without ariza we woulda lost many more games in the playoffs, he hit plenty of clutch 3's and had plenty of clutch steals
Originally posted by dobophile:
Marcus Haislip

Exactly how I feel. Hopefully, he super-secretly got awesome or something.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Marcus Haislip

Exactly how I feel. Hopefully, he super-secretly got awesome or something.

Haslep doesn't like to be hit in the face. He threw a nice one back.

What's with all the crossing guards?
I think we are looking for more athletic talent that can play above the rim:

Here's a highlight film of him in Europe. He looks fluid and can finish similar to Bird Man. Spurs need clean-up type of guys who can get some blocks on help defense and he seems like a good fit. Also, Duncan's misses are usually in the key and the attention he gets will allow above the rim type of players some ample clean-up opportunities. I don't think they really have anyone right now who can fly in there with power.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM ]
God f**king dammit.
God f**king dammit.

Next season is getting to be quite interesting, man.
God f**king dammit.

I ain't scurred.
Originally posted by Jigga:
God f**king dammit.

Next season is getting to be quite interesting, man.

Battle freaking Royale, man. We should just skip ahead to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs....

Lakers....Artest (but lose Ariza)
Boston...Sheed, Grant Hill?
Orlando...Carter (but lose Hedo)
SA..........Jefferson, McDyess?
Cleveland...Shaq

Dayum.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/07/spurs-out-in-fr.html

Quote:

The Spurs have emerged as the frontrunner in the chase to land free-agent forward Antonio McDyess.

According to a league executive with knowledge of the negotiations, the Spurs have offered McDyess a three-year deal starting at the full mid-level exception, with the third year partially guaranteed.

It has been widely speculated that McDyess, 34, will play only two more years. If the Spurs' rumored bid is true, the Spurs have essentially sweetened their best two-year offer by guaranteeing McDyess a bit of money for retirement in 2011-12.

The 6-foot-9 McDyess emerged as the Spurs' top target after Rasheed Wallace -- McDyess' former teammate in Detroit -- agreed to terms with Boston earlier this week. He is also being pursued by Cleveland and Orlando.

I've always thought MyDyess would look good in a Spurs jersey.
A+

Hell of an offseason.
A+

Hell of an offseason.

Let's do this.
A+