• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
And Turk opted out....

...what?
Turk ops out How could he not, though? His value is at an all time high.

Wow.

As if this day couldn't get much worse.

I honestly feel Magic is better off without Hedo and spending the money on a PF position. They need a big body next to Howard. Lewis is more of a SF and is playin' out of position. Hedo plays little to no defense, and Lewis won't get over-matched on the defensive end like he did against the Lakers.

Courtney Lee should come in the starting lineup for Hedo at SG. So you got Nelson at PG, Lee at SG, Lewis at SF, add a PF, and Howard at Center.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The problem is that Rashard can't create for anybody else, while Hedo can. He's a 6-10 spot up shooter and that's it.

If they used that money more wisely, the Magic could have had a dynasty.
Originally posted by crzy:
The problem is that Rashard can't create for anybody else, while Hedo can. He's a 6-10 spot up shooter and that's it.

But a healthy Nelson could take the reigns of running the offense if Hedo left and they'd be okay, IMO.

That being said, I think they should just keep that team together and maybe try to add someone with the MLE. Orlando's VERY close, and this year's experience should help them. Making major changes would be foolish, IMO.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

But a healthy Nelson could take the reigns of running the offense if Hedo left and they'd be okay, IMO.

That being said, I think they should just keep that team together and maybe try to add someone with the MLE. Orlando's VERY close, and this year's experience should help them. Making major changes would be foolish, IMO.

I think they should keep Hedo and sign Rasheed Wallace with the MLE.

If Howard learns a post move or two - CHAMPIONSHIP!

I think they'd be the favorites if that happened.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:

If Howard can learn to do what he did in Game 6 against the Cavs consistently, he will dominate.

If Howard can learn to do what he did in Game 6 against the Cavs consistently, he will dominate.

Which was...

Which was...

to magically learn a post move or two.

-9fA
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Which was...

Hmm....I thought I saw him show some creative post moves and hook shots in Game 6, but maybe I imagined it

Which was...

Hmm....I thought I saw him show some creative post moves and hook shots in Game 6, but maybe I imagined it

Catching the ball 3 feet from the basket, turning around, and laying it in is neither creative, nor a post move.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Which was...

Catching the ball 3 feet from the basket, turning around, and laying it in is neither creative, nor a post move.

In my defense, Big Z and the Chosen 2 were tripping all over themselves, which made Dwight look much better on the block than he might have actually been.

Anyways, my biggest concern with Howard is that he still gets stripped way too easily by the help defense.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Anyways, my biggest concern with Howard is that he still gets stripped way too easily by the help defense.

that drives me crazy.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but maybe we should just change this thread title to the Magic off-season thread.

go for it
Originally posted by Dino:

that drives me crazy.

It's cause he brings the ball down too low. Needs to keep it higher.
Share 49ersWebzone