There are 150 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by crzy:
Anyways, my biggest concern with Howard is that he still gets stripped way too easily by the help defense.

that drives me crazy.

It's cause he brings the ball down too low. Needs to keep it higher.

Exactly.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Dwight's final blog of the season

Quote:
I really expected us to win last night and take this series back to L.A. where we’d have a chance to win the championship. Losing the way we did to the Lakers last night was hard because it’s difficult to see your dreams fade like that.

Of course, we wish a couple of things had gone differently in this series. If we had finished in Game 2 and Game 4, may be it would have been us trying to close out a fourth win last night win that ‘ship on our home court.

It was hard to do, but I stayed out there and watched the Lakers celebrate. Nobody wants to see another team celebrate on their homecourt, but me and ‘Meer stayed out there because we wanted to see it to make us hungrier the next time around.

And yes, there will be another time in the Finals for us. The NBA ain’t heard the last of the Magic in the Finals. I know nobody ever expected us to get this far at all this season, but maybe now people will see that we’re for real and we’re going to be good for several years to come.

Losing to the Lakers will hurt me for a long time. It might take me all summer to get over this one. But it will be fresh in my mind as soon as I get back in the gym and start working on my game. I know I have to get better and I’m going to do everything in my power to make myself a better player this summer.

To all you Magic fans out there, thanks for your support. We wanted to bring ya’ll a title, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be this year. We’ll be back again, and ya’ll have my promise that we’ll do this in Orlando real soon.

I’m out. Peace. — DWIGHT

link
you guys might be saying good bye to hedo
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
you guys might be saying good bye to hedo

So Turk is gone huh.

I see two things out of this:

1. We can now search for a true PF, reverting Lewis back to his natural SF, and in turn get D12 that rebounding help.

2. Lets Lee and Nelson set up the plays and not have to shoot all the damn time.

Will Boozer be available?

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jun 15, 2009 at 17:26:21 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So Turk is gone huh.

1. We can now search for a true PF, reverting Lewis back to his natural SF, and in turn get D12 that rebounding help.

2. Lets Lee and Nelson set up the plays and not have to shoot all the damn time.

Turk is not gone..he just opted out to test free agency. Why wouldn't he? He's doing it now that his value is at an all time high.

He will be back with Orlando, just for more money.
Originally posted by jrg:
So Turk is gone huh.

Turk is not gone..he just opted out to test free agency. Why wouldn't he? He's doing it now that his value is at an all time high.

Hopefully, but this will be his best chance to make money somewhere else. Orlando may offer him up to 71$ million, but after seeing what Rashard got I wouldnt be surprised if he looked for more.

But honestly if he leaves, the Magic will be fine.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
So Turk is gone huh.

Hopefully, but this will be his best chance to make money somewhere else. Orlando may offer him up to 71$ million, but after seeing what Rashard got I wouldnt be surprised if he looked for more.

But honestly if he leaves, the Magic will be fine.

Regardless of what he does he we will be fine. But being that we're obviously title contenders, I don't see us shaking up TOO much. We may sign a PF for vet minimum to help Howard with the rebounding.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
We may sign a PF for vet minimum to help Howard with the rebounding.

Got any in mind?

Power Forwards

Unrestricted Free Agents
1) Rasheed Wallace, Detroit, (34)
2) Chris Andersen, Denver, (31)
3) Drew Gooden, San Antonio, (27)
4) Antonio McDyess, Detroit, (34)
5) Chris Wilcox, New York, (26)
6) Brandon Bass, Dallas, (24)
7) Joe Smith, Cleveland, (33)
8) Melvin Ely, New Orleans, (31)
9) Stromile Swift, Phoenix, (29)
10) Malik Rose, Oklahoma City,(34)
11) Juwan Howard, Charlotte, (36)
12) Sean Marks, New Orleans, (33)
13) Shavlik Randolph, Portland, (35)
14) Michael Ruffin, Portland, (32)
15) Maceo Baston, Indiana, (33)

Restricted Free Agents
1) Paul Millsap, Utah, (24)
2) David Lee, New York, (26)
3) Glen Davis, Boston, (23)
4) Charlie Villanueva, Milwaukee, (24)
5) Leon Powe, Boston, (25)
6) Hakim Warrick, Memphis, (26)
7) Sean May, Charlotte, (25)
8) Ike Diogu, Sacramento, (25)
9) Steve Novak, LA Clippers, (25)
10) Channing Frye, Portland, (26)
11) Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Toronto, 25
12) Walter Herrmann, Detroit, (30)
13) Rob Kurz, Golden State, (24)
14) Josh McRoberts, Indiana, (22)
15) Othello Hunter, Atlanta, (23)
16) Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee, (22)

Early Termination Options
1) Carlos Boozer, Utah, (27) ($12.657M: PO)
2) Al Harrington, New York, (29) ($10.026M: PO)
3) Anderson Varejao, Cleveland, (26) ($6.212M: PO)
4) Brian Skinner, LA Clippers, (33) ($1.306M: PO)
5) Shelden Williams, Minnesota, (25) ($4.302M: TO)
6) Ian Mahinmi, San Antonio, (22) ($1.079M: TO)
7) Brian Cook, Houston, (28) ($3.500M: PO)
8) Malik Allen, Milwaukee, (31) ($1.300M: PO)
9) Louis Amundson, Phoenix, (26) ($855,189: TO)
10) Cedric Simmons, Sacramento, (23) ($2.671M: TO)
  • Dino
  • Veteran
'Sheed or McDyess

'Sheed or McDyess

Sheed. He will put some fire in D12.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
'Sheed or McDyess

Makes the most sense. Perfect fit for Howard. Though 'sheed is not a great rebounder, he is a really good defender and is a damn good shot blocker. He also has the post game, can pass the ball and can hit from distance, though, I'll tell him to hit the 15 footer more often than taking shots from the 3-point land.

'Sheed also brings emotion and swagger, something Magic do lack. Let Hedo walk, sign Ariza and 'sheed.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
'Sheed or McDyess

Makes the most sense. Perfect fit for Howard. Though 'sheed is not a great rebounder, he is a really good defender and is a damn good shot blocker. He also has the post game, can pass the ball and can hit from distance, though, I'll tell him to hit the 15 footer more often than taking shots from the 3-point land.

'Sheed also brings emotion and swagger, something Magic do lack. Let Hedo walk, sign Ariza and 'sheed.

LOL, no way Ariza re-signs with Orlando and the Notorious SVG.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris Wilcox
Chris Wilcox

Just say no.

BTW, my somewhat connected buddy says that Portland's putting Hedo as their #1 priority. (which is retarded to me, as they'd be better served going after a PG like Kidd, Miller, or Bibby)
Share 49erswebzone