There are 163 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by jrg:
Chris Wilcox

Just say no.

BTW, my somewhat connected buddy says that Portland's putting Hedo as their #1 priority. (which is retarded to me, as they'd be better served going after a PG like Kidd, Miller, or Bibby)

Just say no? Why?

And, ugh..I don't wanna lose Hedo
Chris Wilcox

Just say no.

BTW, my somewhat connected buddy says that Portland's putting Hedo as their #1 priority. (which is retarded to me, as they'd be better served going after a PG like Kidd, Miller, or Bibby)

Just say no? Why?

You'll grow to hate him very quickly. Soft, doesn't rebound, barely cares. Very poor fundamentals, despite his athleticism. The Notorious SVG would have him on the bench so quickly it wouldn't be funny.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris Wilcox

Just say no.

Just say no? Why?

You'll grow to hate him very quickly. Soft, doesn't rebound, barely cares. Very poor fundamentals, despite his athleticism. The Notorious SVG would have him on the bench so quickly it wouldn't be funny.

Notorious SVG...

Man, I love Van Gundy
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I agree with Pete.

Don't pay Hedo the $10 million per season that he wants. It would be a giant mistake.
Originally posted by Dino:
'Sheed or McDyess

Don't know all the details but I heard right around playoff time that Boston balked at a chance to acquire 'Sheed at the midway point of the season--or I guess right around the time KG went down.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jun 16, 2009 at 09:29:54 ]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4263835

Magic willing to pay tax for Turkoglu
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Quote:
"Opting out doesn't mean I'm going to leave," he said. "I'm looking for the best opportunity for myself and my family. I hope everything will work out for both sides and I stay here because I became Turkoglu here. It's a good time for me to make a decision, and hopefully everything will work out and I'll be in a Magic jersey."
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Quote:
Even Alston isn't sure whether he'll be back. "I always think I'm going to be traded. Absolutely I do," Alston said. "That's just the life of the business. I always think I'm going to be traded. I don't know. I think [teams] don't respect my point guard abilities. That's every team I've been on."

Backup center Marcin Gortat also will be looking for a pay raise. He will be a restricted free agent and likely will get a contract worth well more than the $770,000 he made this season, making it difficult for Orlando to retain him and Turkoglu.

Magic general manager Otis Smith said he's prepared to let Turkoglu and Gortat explore the free-agent market before making an offer.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
It'd be nice to see big contracts like Howard, Lewis, Nelson willing to take small pay cuts to keep this team intact.
It'd be nice to see big contracts like Howard, Lewis, Nelson willing to take small pay cuts to keep this team intact.

I am sure Gortat is gone, he even said that it was difficult having to play behind D12 all the time. If Hedo stays good, but he will probably be an enticing pick out there this offseason.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Oh yeah? PYMWYMI!!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I am sure Gortat is gone, he even said that it was difficult having to play behind D12 all the time. If Hedo stays good, but he will probably be an enticing pick out there this offseason.

Well yeah, Marcin could start on other teams..and as for Hedo, yes..he will. Hopefully we can keep him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
'Sheed or McDyess

Makes the most sense. Perfect fit for Howard. Though 'sheed is not a great rebounder, he is a really good defender and is a damn good shot blocker. He also has the post game, can pass the ball and can hit from distance, though, I'll tell him to hit the 15 footer more often than taking shots from the 3-point land.

'Sheed also brings emotion and swagger, something Magic do lack. Let Hedo walk, sign Ariza and 'sheed.

LOL, no way Ariza re-signs with Orlando and the Notorious SVG.

You are probably right, but money changes everything. And, Ariza was just an example. There are couple other SFs they can sign who can come off the bench when Lewis needs to sit down.

I just don't think Hedo is worth much more than 7 million a year, especially for a team like Magic that has other needs. They have Lewis playin' out of position and he should be their starting SF. Bring in Lee at SG and sign a PF ('sheed is perfect) and a SF who can come off the bench.
'Sheed or McDyess

Makes the most sense. Perfect fit for Howard. Though 'sheed is not a great rebounder, he is a really good defender and is a damn good shot blocker. He also has the post game, can pass the ball and can hit from distance, though, I'll tell him to hit the 15 footer more often than taking shots from the 3-point land.

'Sheed also brings emotion and swagger, something Magic do lack. Let Hedo walk, sign Ariza and 'sheed.

LOL, no way Ariza re-signs with Orlando and the Notorious SVG.

You are probably right, but money changes everything. And, Ariza was just an example. There are couple other SFs they can sign who can come off the bench when Lewis needs to sit down.

I just don't think Hedo is worth much more than 7 million a year, especially for a team like Magic that has other needs. They have Lewis playin' out of position and he should be their starting SF. Bring in Lee at SG and sign a PF ('sheed is perfect) and a SF who can come off the bench.

Hedo is a strange SF/PF in that he combines outside shooting with that 6'10/11" frame. With him at Point-Forward following Jameer's injury, the team salvaged the season. I could see him being on Denver's roster, though I rather he stays.

Getting that PF in FA gives D12 extra help in rebounding when the team starts raining 3's in each game. Gortat is most likely gone, so Hedo should be the team's first priority.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
With us not sure whats going to happen w/ Hedo, and Crawford going to Atlanta.

Maybe bring back in Maurice Evans?
Share 49erswebzone