There are 164 users in the forums

*OFFICIAL*2009 NCAA Men's College World Series & Super Regional's

Any college baseball fans ??

This is my favorite college sporting event to watch , besides March Madness.

I love hearing the ball being cracked by an aluminium bat & knowing that no lead is safe in the 9th inning.

I'm a Giants fan but when the college world series starts, I'll watch any college world series game over a Giants one.

Especially this season.

[ Edited by ninerempire25 on Jun 1, 2009 at 21:03:43 ]
hmm, what channels are the games gonna be on this year?

I might have to check it out, i love Baseball, never watched a full colllege game, mainly cause its never on here.
Some of the Super Regional's can be seen on ESPNU channel.
Strasburg for SDSU had 15K's and still lost 5-1 to Virginia.
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Strasburg for SDSU had 15K's and still lost 5-1 to Virginia.

dang, 15 K's and still lost, damn.

I wish my DirecTV was installed, i might spring the extra for the sports pack and get ESPNU to watch college sports. lol.
go ASU baby!! This is probably talent wise the worst team we have had in the last 3 seasons, but ironically they have the best chances of winning. CWS is all about a 1-2 pithcing punch which we finally have.

Man last year we got run over by the Fresno State freight train, please go to Omaha again ASU!!
Also the pitcher for SDSU hit 103 mph on the radar gun.

FSU put the biggest *SS WHIPPING I've ever seen in baseball , period.

37-6

UC Irvine is a sick hitting team.
Texas beats Army! Take that, America!
Im a little confused about this double elimination tourney, does that mean each 1st round with 4 teams is like a mini 4 teams tourney with the winner of that advancing?
EATER NATION!

I love college baseball... the competition is very even IMO. Jus take the Florida St./ OSU game.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im a little confused about this double elimination tourney, does that mean each 1st round with 4 teams is like a mini 4 teams tourney with the winner of that advancing?

yes, among the 4 teams in the regional its a double elimination set up, so the only team to not lose twice advances to the Super Regional. The Super Regional is then a 3 game series between 2 teams with the winner advancing to Ohama.

ASU won , we will face Clemson for the Super Regional. Go Sun Devils!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

yes, among the 4 teams in the regional its a double elimination set up, so the only team to not lose twice advances to the Super Regional. The Super Regional is then a 3 game series between 2 teams with the winner advancing to Ohama.

ASU won , we will face Clemson for the Super Regional. Go Sun Devils!!

cool sounds good, thx man,
UPDATE OF TOP SEED UPSETS IN REGIONAL

So far 1 seeds that got upset in their regional:

-Oklahoma(#7) upset by Arkansas
-UC Irvine (#6) upset by Virginia
-Georgia Tech upset by Southern Miss

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 1, 2009 at 19:37:54 ]
'Canes Baby !!!!!

SunDevil are you watching the games on ESPNU also ??
Share 49ersWebzone