There are 261 users in the forums

*OFFICIAL*2009 NCAA Men's College World Series & Super Regional's

Does anybody know many teams still playing have Giants draftees? I haven't had time to catch up on that yet. Thanks...
Arkansas is taking it to Fullerton right now on ESPN
Some great games so far in the tournament, ASU-Texas showdown on tuesday. I like our chances with our best pitcher (Leake, draftted #8) on the mound.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Some great games so far in the tournament, ASU-Texas showdown on tuesday. I like our chances with our best pitcher (Leake, draftted #8) on the mound.

Looking pretty good, so far. You guys are up 4 in the 3rd, and Leake is a bad mofo.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
going to the Arkansas-Virginia game tomorrow
Giants 5th rounder Brandon Belt just hit a 2-run game-tying single for Texas.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Originally posted by pantstickle:

10-6 Texas!

Sorry, SunDevil, you're team is still in it though.
Come On ASU

What's up w/ those funky uni's ??
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

10-6 Texas!

Damn now I wished I would have watched. I caught on the radio in my car as ASU went up 4-0 and figured when I got home, well this sucks, so I watched TV with the wife. I'm happy, but I wish I could have seen it now.

Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Come On ASU

What's up w/ those funky uni's ??

They are throw backs of our 1981 uni, the last year we won the CWS.

But every f**king time we bring them out bad s**t happens. I couldn't believe the game against TX, we just handed them the game after being up 6-0. I am not a happy camper about the CWS now
Originally posted by TX9R:

10-6 Texas!

Damn now I wished I would have watched. I caught on the radio in my car as ASU went up 4-0 and figured when I got home, well this sucks, so I watched TV with the wife. I'm happy, but I wish I could have seen it now.

It was a great game. When we were down 6-0, I thought we had no chance of winning it.
Arkansas with the dramatic 2-run HR to tie it with 2 down in the top of the 9th. Virginia has got be upset because one of their runners rounded 3rd base too far in the bottom of the 8th inning and was tagged out in a rundown. They really could have used that possible insurance run. Either the runner or the 3rd base coach is a big goat at the moment.

[ Edited by SoCal9er on Jun 17, 2009 at 19:28:19 ]
Arkansas with the dramatic 2-run HR to tie it with 2 down in the top of the 9th. Virginia has got be upset because one of their runners rounded 3rd base too far in the bottom of the 8th inning and was tagged out in a rundown. They really could have used that possible insurance run. Either the runner or the 3rd base coach is a big goat at the moment.

And they won't be too happy about blowing a chance with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.
Virginia eliminated in extra innings by Arkansas. They were one out away from advancing with a 2-run lead and blew it. Nice comeback and win for the Razorbacks! Now they need to beat LSU twice to advance.
Share 49ersWebzone