LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Official San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

greatest sharks team (success wise)
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM ]
^^^^ Goal from Center line + the guy throwin the puck in his own net = amazingly funny meltdown.

That series pretty much ruined Roman Turek's career (a former Star I might add)
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 6, 2009 at 6:56 PM ]
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/07/monster_maple_leafs/

hope he sucks

unless he comes to the sharks next year.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

hope he sucks

Nah, that decision pretty much ends his career. He will get lit up and have like a 3.5 GAA and will never be considered a starter again.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

hope he sucks

Nah, that decision pretty much ends his career. He will get lit up and have like a 3.5 GAA and will never be considered a starter again.

they got what, beauchiman, kaberle to help improve their d a bit
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

hope he sucks

they got what, beauchiman, kaberle to help improve their d a bit

Yep...a bit. Sooooo 2.9 GAA
Well, I guess we can say goodbye to Gustaavson, while he says hello to Toronto.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM ]
Travis Moen gone to the Habs for 3 year at 1.5 per

I wanted to keep him, played with grit

However, per pollack we are going for Scott Nichol as a 4th line center. Brings the grit as well.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Travis Moen gone to the Habs for 3 year at 1.5 per

I wanted to keep him, played with grit

However, per pollack we are going for Scott Nichol as a 4th line center. Brings the grit as well.

Wonder if we will get him at the same price....

I can't believe there hasn't been any Sharks news. I was expecting some big moves by now.

Originally posted by NumberOneFan:

I can't believe there hasn't been any Sharks news. I was expecting some big moves by now.

were tight with cap space and marleau and nabby have ntc. its very very hard to make a move. dw has probably been getting short changed anyways. we cant make moves for the hell of it if its gonna make us worse. i still feel no moves will make us better if our big names jt, marleau and nabby as well as our core players dont show up like they do in the season. we cant have 1 player show up for the whole series and have jt show up 1 gm and disappear the rest of them. on paper no doubt weve been cup contenders for yrs but you dont win 1 on paper
very interesting article

Kinda agree with it
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
What a retarded article. Blake and Boyle aren't at fault because Marleau and Thornton can't play above their ability in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Hopper:
What a retarded article. Blake and Boyle aren't at fault because Marleau and Thornton can't play above their ability in the playoffs.

EXACTLY! LOL blaming boyle who was our only consistant player and if it wasnt for him we wouldve been done in 5 instead of 6. blake wasnt bad either, its our main players who dont f**king show up yr after yr come playoff time. our other players like setoguchi, pavelski, michalek, vlasic and clowe didnt even show up as well this past post season. were a regular season team period. we can probably have scot bowman coaching us in his best yrs and that still wouldnt get joe to play hard, tough gritty hockey for 60 min every gm and make nabby close that got damn 5 hole and stop letting in softies.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Hopper:

EXACTLY! LOL blaming boyle who was our only consistant player and if it wasnt for him we wouldve been done in 5 instead of 6. blake wasnt bad either, its our main players who dont f**king show up yr after yr come playoff time. our other players like setoguchi, pavelski, michalek, vlasic and clowe didnt even show up as well this past post season. were a regular season team period. we can probably have scot bowman coaching us in his best yrs and that still wouldnt get joe to play hard, tough gritty hockey for 60 min every gm and make nabby close that got damn 5 hole and stop letting in softies.

I wasnt reading it in terms of that

i kinda feel like the sharks gave up a lot to land boyle and spent alot of money on blake.

Yes they did help the team, but the future doesnt look so bright. We spend picks and prospects and our farm system is pretty low right now.
Share 49ersWebzone