LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Official San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Hopper:
What a retarded article. Blake and Boyle aren't at fault because Marleau and Thornton can't play above their ability in the playoffs.

EXACTLY! LOL blaming boyle who was our only consistant player and if it wasnt for him we wouldve been done in 5 instead of 6. blake wasnt bad either, its our main players who dont f**king show up yr after yr come playoff time. our other players like setoguchi, pavelski, michalek, vlasic and clowe didnt even show up as well this past post season. were a regular season team period. we can probably have scot bowman coaching us in his best yrs and that still wouldnt get joe to play hard, tough gritty hockey for 60 min every gm and make nabby close that got damn 5 hole and stop letting in softies.

I wasnt reading it in terms of that

i kinda feel like the sharks gave up a lot to land boyle and spent alot of money on blake.

Yes they did help the team, but the future doesnt look so bright. We spend picks and prospects and our farm system is pretty low right now.

obviously tb didnt like matt carle enough so they traded him and ty wishart hasnt even played yet in the nhl. i dont like the fact we keep trading away 1st rd picks but trading carle and wishart hasnt hurt us at all even though i really didnt want to trade carle in the 1st place. last yr i felt blake was making too much money but this yr im alright with the 1 yr 3.5, he can still be effective.
Originally posted by Hopper:
What a retarded article. Blake and Boyle aren't at fault because Marleau and Thornton can't play above their ability in the playoffs.

EXACTLY! LOL blaming boyle who was our only consistant player and if it wasnt for him we wouldve been done in 5 instead of 6. blake wasnt bad either, its our main players who dont f**king show up yr after yr come playoff time. our other players like setoguchi, pavelski, michalek, vlasic and clowe didnt even show up as well this past post season. were a regular season team period. we can probably have scot bowman coaching us in his best yrs and that still wouldnt get joe to play hard, tough gritty hockey for 60 min every gm and make nabby close that got damn 5 hole and stop letting in softies.

I wasnt reading it in terms of that

i kinda feel like the sharks gave up a lot to land boyle and spent alot of money on blake.

Yes they did help the team, but the future doesnt look so bright. We spend picks and prospects and our farm system is pretty low right now.

obviously tb didnt like matt carle enough so they traded him and ty wishart hasnt even played yet in the nhl. i dont like the fact we keep trading away 1st rd picks but trading carle and wishart hasnt hurt us at all even though i really didnt want to trade carle in the 1st place. last yr i felt blake was making too much money but this yr im alright with the 1 yr 3.5, he can still be effective.

Wish we could have kept that 1st round and Rivet...

I think Rivet and Blake would have been about the same.

Still waiting for us to clear some cap space
Finally some news...

"That deal for Scott Nichol is official now. It’s for one year at the same amount he earned last season in Nashville, $750,000."
Per Pollack, we have signed scotty nichol

The schedule as also been released

Saturday October 3 @ the ducks

Thursday December 17 ducks @ home

Monday Feb 8 @ toronto and the monster

Three 6 game road trips....

right here plan accordingly
Finally some news...

"That deal for Scott Nichol is official now. It’s for one year at the same amount he earned last season in Nashville, $750,000."

is that guy good? i seen him play a few time against us but i dont know to much about him
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Finally some news...

is that guy good? i seen him play a few time against us but i dont know to much about him

guys a forth line center who plays tough and kills penalties.

dont expect him to put up points, but expect him to get under opponents skin
I guess I like the Nichol signing.

Is Roenick returning?

Oh, and we signed more: http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=442902
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM ]
signed Matt Shaw to be our assistant coach
What is of further interest is this text I received "The Canadiens need one more piece to make the deal with the Sharks and that piece is Patrick Sharp."

per eklund - so 99.9% wont happen, but there is still a .1% chance.
What is of further interest is this text I received "The Canadiens need one more piece to make the deal with the Sharks and that piece is Patrick Sharp."

per eklund - so 99.9% wont happen, but there is still a .1% chance.

LOL wont happen since eklund said it. would love to have patrick sharp though
Aww. Man.. When are we ever going to see the young guys finally.

I know it'll take some time, but I'm really wanting to see what Couture and Petrecki can do. McGinn should be playing full time too.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I know it'll take some time, but I'm really wanting to see what Couture and Petrecki can do. McGinn should be playing full time too.

Depends on what happens.

If we f**k up in the playoffs this upcoming year. I would expect to see them, as part of a new movement.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Depends on what happens.

If we f**k up in the playoffs this upcoming year. I would expect to see them, as part of a new movement.

Yeah.. I'm just looking at Detroit, and seeing how they've lost SO many players.. From Kopecky, to Hossa, to Samuelson. They've got to be bringing up at least a couple of their young guys, I have to believe.
hossa signed a 12 year deal and he was injured

wtf blackhawks
sharks had offered cheech and erhoff for heatly

eklund reported that

but so did spector (i trust spector)
sharks had offered cheech and erhoff for heatly

eklund reported that

but so did spector (i trust spector)

oh crap im not too ok with losing ehrhoff who is gonna replace him? but would love to have heatley's scoring but then again he is another guy who disappears in the playoffs. heatley on the same line as joe would be f**kin insane during the regular season of course and just die in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone