LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

2009 General MLB discussion thread

Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by jrg:
Yankees are gonna win the division, but their big ace CC gets rocked by the Orioles.

You're forgetting....the Yanks have 5 aces. No big deal.

aces dong give up 6ER in a game...
Yankees are gonna win the division, but their big ace CC gets rocked by the Orioles.

Yes, Joba Chamberlain with a career 6 wins is an ace for sure.

You're a Cards fan so quiet down.

What because I made an obvious point? You're calling Joba Chamberlain an ace.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong..other then a team that has nearly 3 times as much of a payroll then any other team...we're sitting #1 in Championship rings for everyone else.

Oh and since you're so cocky..when was your guys last WS ring? What, 9 years ago?

You're a Yankees fan so quiet down.

Yanks can afford to pay that because they have a FAITHFUL fan base. Not a bunch of fairweather fans. They sell out every single game so where else is the money going to go? Don't even bring up payroll.

26>>>>>>10

I'm a Yankee fan, I'll keep talking.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

aces dong give up 6ER in a game...

I know cause CC only had an 8 ERA last April. Then he moved over to the easy National League and then you know...
[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

LOL 5 aces yanks homerism at its f**kin finest

Keep laughing. Our 5th man is better than your ace.

yea buddy chamberlain or whatever trash you got starting 5th is better than the defending nl cy winner lincecum yup your right

He is and will he have a better career.. NL is soooooo hard to win a CY in. LOL. National League fans

yup ok keep telling yourself that with your yank glasses on. im so sure you'll be right. im sure you think all your starters will have eras at 2.00 or lower and each of the batters will drive in 100+ rbi jeter will break out and hit 30 hrs and be the 1st player in since forever to hit 400, texiera will live up to that contract hit 50+ hrs drive in 150, arod will come back and destroy the league after that tough hip surgery. yanks will sweep everyone in the playoffs and everything will be rosey in ny. yup dude i can see it now

Wow am I talking to a 5 year old on AOL?

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong..other then a team that has nearly 3 times as much of a payroll then any other team...we're sitting #1 in Championship rings for everyone else.

Oh and since you're so cocky..when was your guys last WS ring? What, 9 years ago?

Yanks can afford to pay that because they have a FAITHFUL fan base. Not a bunch of fairweather fans. They sell out every single game so where else is the money going to go? Don't even bring up payroll.

26>>>>>>10

faithful fans?????? im sure sf and stl have faithful fans that sell out. i kno at&t sells out everytime. we just dont have fat ass owners who just spend and try to buy ws rings.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

26>>>>>>10

Fairwether?! Did you just call Cardinals fans FAIRWEATHER?!

I'm pretty sure if you know ANYTHING about baseball..you can ask ANYONE..we have the best fans in baseball. Hands down.

I don't even wanna hear that nonsense.

It was SNOWING today..30 degrees..and we had a completely sold out stadium playing the Pittsburgh Pirates.

But, we're fairweather?!

Also, the reason we don't have 26 is because we don't have a 300+ million dollar payroll.
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM ]

yea buddy chamberlain or whatever trash you got starting 5th is better than the defending nl cy winner lincecum yup your right

He is and will he have a better career.. NL is soooooo hard to win a CY in. LOL. National League fans

yup ok keep telling yourself that with your yank glasses on. im so sure you'll be right. im sure you think all your starters will have eras at 2.00 or lower and each of the batters will drive in 100+ rbi jeter will break out and hit 30 hrs and be the 1st player in since forever to hit 400, texiera will live up to that contract hit 50+ hrs drive in 150, arod will come back and destroy the league after that tough hip surgery. yanks will sweep everyone in the playoffs and everything will be rosey in ny. yup dude i can see it now

Wow am I talking to a 5 year old on AOL?

no im just stating the facts and am not blind with yankee homerism, must be the little kid with all the bs you talk about

26>>>>>>10

I'm pretty sure if you know ANYTHING about baseball..you can ask ANYONE..we have the best fans in baseball. Hands down.

It was SNOWING today..30 degrees..and we had a completely sold out stadium playing the Pittsburgh Pirates.

But, we're fairweather?!

Opening day tickets SHOULD sellout. Geez...the Yanks sell out every day.

LOL, Yankee Fans, They cant correlate hard work and winning. Of course its hard to win something when you cant buy your way to the end. You can say the AL is tougher than the NL (i agree to a degree), but at the end of the day, you still have to play the game.

The rays, with their 3 dollar and peanuts pay roll (compared to yanks) made it to the world series.

With all that talent, the yankees find a way to f**k up.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:57 PM ]
Yeah cause the Yanks have been spending money left and right for the past decades.

• jrg
  • Veteran

26>>>>>>10

But, we're fairweather?!

As do the Cardinals..every single game, every single season.

St. Louis is obviously not the size of New York or Los Angeles..yet, look where we sit.

Link

Go on, look back..every single season its gonna be like that.

I can't believe someone just called Cardinals fans 'fairweather'
Originally posted by ads_2006:

LOL, Yankee Fans, They cant correlate hard work and winning. Of course its hard to win something when you cant buy your way to the end.

The rays, with their 3 dollar and peanuts pay roll (compared to yanks) made it to the world series.

With all that talent, the yankees find a way to f**k up.

You SHOULD have a good team eventually when you have the #1 pick in the draft year after year.

26>>>>>>10

Dude the reason they have all those championships is because they played in a league with like 4 teams... cool. quit living in the past. You guys havent done s**t for a while.

26>>>>>>10

But, we're fairweather?!

As do the Cardinals..every single game, every single season.

St. Louis is obviously not the size of New York or Los Angeles..yet, look where we sit.

Link

Go on, look back..every single season its gonna be like that.

I can't believe someone just called Cardinals fans 'fairweather'

Fairweather fan wasn't even direct at Cardinals fans I was just saying it in general. Just clearing that up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yeah cause the Yanks have been spending money left and right for the past decades.

-Alex Rodriguez
-Mark Teixeira
-CC Sabathia

All 100+ million dollar contracts.

Share 49ersWebzone