LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Nice win today.

Cahill didn't pitch great but he deserved this win knowing how many other games the A's offense has cost him this season.

Vince on radio said it's unlikely Braden pitches again this season.

Green will make his debut in the A's minors at A+.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
PP had their top positional prospect list and Carter was 17 and Wallace was 30.

I don't know what Carter has to do to get more respect?

09 season has been fabulous...

.334/.429/.578 with 42 2Bs/2 3Bs/27 HRs/113 RBIs and is 13/18 on SBs

...at the age of 22 and seeing the #s he's putting up. Carter could finish the year easily with close to 45+ 2Bs and 30+ HRs/120+ RBIs.

Okay he K's a lot but his K % is down from last year and most of all the power hitting prospects in the minors, both in the lower and higher levels, K just as much and maybe even more than Carter does.

My buddy (Giants' fan) went up to Sac on Friday night to see the River Cats/Grizzlies game. I gave him the names Wallace & Carter to "scout" for me.

Says that Wallace didn't play particularly well that evening. Carter had 1 hit, but says that he fits the mold of a big-leaguer. "He's a big kid, but pretty agile for his size."
Wallace went 1/4 that night.

But then proceeded to go 8/16 the next three nights, where he had multi hit games each game.
Green K's in his first AB down at Stockton.

Also Slusser reporting that PHI is still interested in Nomar but at this point, he wouldn't be allowed to be on the postseason roster.

Actually feel bad for him at this point.
Green goes 1/4 in his debut.
As I may be in the LA Area during the weekend of my bday (September 25-27), I might check out one of the A's vs. Halos game. ATG, do you live in the area? I think that a couple of you guys are based in SoCal. Holla back.
Originally posted by Jigga:
As I may be in the LA Area during the weekend of my bday (September 25-27), I might check out one of the A's vs. Halos game. ATG, do you live in the area? I think that a couple of you guys are based in SoCal. Holla back.

lol I live in Texas now.
So...uh...yeah!!! Let's go Oak-Land!

(crickets)

It's gone beyond comical now with the A's and CNSBA's programming.

Yet again they are relegated to the very last segment what 2-3 segment on the CSN Central and you guessed it, like last time only three highlights, maybe 20 secs worth at the most. With the highlights consisting of three pitches in the 1st inning.

Sweeney single to load the bases, Cust 3 run HR, Ellis HR.

Yep, that's all you get from a 11 run/20 hit offensive output earlier today.

They didn't even mention the A's in the show until the last very segment, no potential teaser during the opening, not even a "teaser" before the commercial.

Heck, wasn't this show billed to give Bay Area sports fans their own local sports highlights show with a full 30 minutes yet the regular sports segments on the local networks here show just as much or even more highlights of the A's with their 3 minute or so segment at the end of their newscast as the this SportsNet Central show does.

Yet we get to see "breaking news" over and over again in that 30 minute program of rat boy/rat face with oh my god, a bad back. Love how they opened the program up with one of the stooge hosts saying basically the "whole" bay area is taken a back with the news. Yesk, A's fans like myself and others really are all that worried, heck let the ass torque his back even more and let him miss the rest of this season after his next start.

Why not hold a candlelight vigil down by the park, you overdramatize the littlest of s**t anyways. What a bunch of clowns.

Pretty pathetic that the local wannabe Bay Area "SportsCenter" they want to make this show out to be here locally doesn't show the A's highlights earlier in their programming than the actual SportsCenter does which is located 3000+ miles away.

Like I said earlier, makes me as an A's fan root harder and harder for the Dodgers, Rockies and now Marlins to continue to win every game.
With the minor league regular season essentially over...

-Wallace has really finished off strong for AAA. He's gotten better each month and his year at SAC is much better than what he did on his half or so season in STL's AAA team.

.303/.353/.523 in 210 ABs since the start of AUG.

BBs are still lower than you want but still a solid showing for Wallace in his first 6-7 weeks with the A's system.

-Carter had his ups and downs since his promotion to AAA. Currently at .259/.293/.519 with 4 HRs/14 RBIs in 54 ABs.

-Cardenas has done a very good job at AAA since his return about 7 week ago after a disastrous debut in AAA earlier in the season. Since returning to AAA his line is .289/.351/.430. Still not much HR power, has only 1 but does have 10 2Bs and a solid 11 BB/17 K ratio in 121 ABs.

-Weeks who had been hot in recent weeks continues his struggles at AA. .278/.357/.425 line in 80 games this year. Did start off red hot but has cooled off dramatically at AA. Don't think the nagging injuries he's been fighting thru this season has helped nor will those constant thoughts of his and his brother's injury history go out of A's fans mind when watching Weeks thru out his career.

-Desme tweaked something about 10 days ago, unlikely he'll play again this year but what a debut year he's had. .288/.365/.568 with 31 2Bs/6 3B/31 HRs/89 RBIs with 40/45 on SBs. July/AUG his line of .320/.391/.675 with 11 2Bs/4 3Bs/18 HRs/46 RBIs and 16/21 on SBs. K's are an issue but he's had as much raw talent both with power/speed that I've seen an A's prospect have in YEARS. Yes he was 23 doing this at A and A+ ball but could say he missed almost two years worth of time since being drafted in 07.

-Green the A's first rounder this past June did well in his short stint so far at A+. .316/.350/.368 in 19 ABs

-Stassi has been very good. Has a 8 game hitting streak where he's hitting .313. .280/.345/.360 with 8 RBIs in 13 games in 50 ABs for his one game at AZL and the rest of the games at A- VAN. Pretty solid debut for Stassi an 18 year old.

-Krol whos also at VAN has made three appereances going 4.1 IP, 6 hits, 3 ERs, BB, 4 Ks.

As for the big league team, nice that they're winning but it's screwing up their draft positioning for 2010.

At this time, their tied for the 8th pick with two other teams so they could end up with realistically the 10th pick in next year's draft which I don't think would please many A's fans who thought this year was the year to maybe stink it up to get a top 5 pick at least
Also looks as the A's will let the youngsters in Cahill and Anderson especially pitch the rest of the way out with the 6 man rotation.

Although it looks like if you see their recent outings, like they're 5 IP pitchers at this point with the A's wanting to keep their pitch counts/innings down.

I have no problem with that. Unlikely the A's will be calling up any more AAA SP to take any starting spots for those currently in the rotation.

Still would like to see both get to 10 wins, not that it's some magical win figure, but I think it's a good bench mark for each of them and with the way both are pitching and if they can each get at least 3-4 more starts this season, one or even both may get to 10 wins.
Sickels came out with his A's top 20 review a few days ago.

Had both Cahill and Anderson as A- prospects. Actually was higher on Cahill as I was heading into the season but Anderson at this point some would argue, probably the majority will end up the better SP.

I think both Wallace and Carter could earn A- grades heading into 2010.

Weeks, Cardenas, Donaldson, Brown, Doolittle, Green, Ross, Capra, HRod, Demel, Leon and maybe a few others getting at least B grades.

Deep system.

Guys like Dixon, Hunter, DLS, and Ynoa are complete wild cards heading into 2010.

Yet again they are relegated to the very last segment what 2-3 segment on the CSN Central and you guessed it, like last time only three highlights, maybe 20 secs worth at the most. With the highlights consisting of three pitches in the 1st inning.

They didn't even mention the A's in the show until the last very segment, no potential teaser during the opening, not even a "teaser" before the commercial.

Heck, wasn't this show billed to give Bay Area sports fans their own local sports highlights show with a full 30 minutes yet the regular sports segments on the local networks here show just as much or even more highlights of the A's with their 3 minute or so segment at the end of their newscast as the this SportsNet Central show does.

Yet we get to see "breaking news" over and over again in that 30 minute program of rat boy/rat face with oh my god, a bad back. Love how they opened the program up with one of the stooge hosts saying basically the "whole" bay area is taken a back with the news. Yesk, A's fans like myself and others really are all that worried, heck let the ass torque his back even more and let him miss the rest of this season after his next start.

Why not hold a candlelight vigil down by the park, you overdramatize the littlest of s**t anyways. What a bunch of clowns.

Pretty pathetic that the local wannabe Bay Area "SportsCenter" they want to make this show out to be here locally doesn't show the A's highlights earlier in their programming than the actual SportsCenter does which is located 3000+ miles away.

Like I said earlier, makes me as an A's fan root harder and harder for the Dodgers, Rockies and now Marlins to continue to win every game.

Cry me a river. I guess you think that the A's winning a game to stay within 20.5 games of first place in their fricking own division is as important as an injury to the reigining Cy Young winner for a team that is actually playing games that matter.
The media is going to report what MOST people care about - not the handful of A's fans that still care about the 2009 season. LOL.. you keep rooting against the Giants if it somehow makes you feel better.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Cry me a river. I guess you think that the A's winning a game to stay within 20.5 games of first place in their fricking own division is as important as an injury to the reigining Cy Young winner for a team that is actually playing games that matter.
The media is going to report what MOST people care about - not the handful of A's fans that still care about the 2009 season. LOL.. you keep rooting against the Giants if it somehow makes you feel better.

I'll grab you a cold beer while we sit and watch the MLB playoffs at home together. Pull up a chair, Johnny boy...make ya self comfortable!

Good job against the Fathers last night
Share 49ersWebzone