There are 203 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by ninerpride:
Heads up to the A's fans here, MLBN is replaying the 74 WS with the Dodgers later tonight.

Been watching the previous games the past few nights.

Hey Pride.. haven't you noticed that there are about 2 A's fans that even are interested enough to come in here and listen to you anymore? Just thought I would point that out. So.. I'm not sure your "heads up" is going to reach too many fans.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Ah no clown, you don't know me or what I think about the Niners.

Since I don't post about the Niners on this board, you don't know that I one big pessimistic Niners fans who doesn't think this team will go anywhere with McClouless in charge making the big personal decisions or even Singletary as the head coach.

This team will continue to be mediocre and playing in by far the worst stadium in the league for the foreseeable future. They have no plan it looks like, seems as they're throwing as much s**t on the wall and see what sticks.

I'm expecting a worser record for this team than last year's 7-9. This team is like the W's, mediocre and really they need a major overhaul in their thinking to turn this franchise around.


As for the whole media think, I posted what I've thought about it many times and my mind isn't gonna change that there is a bias towards EVERY TEAM outside SF just as there is on ESPN with every team outside of the BOS/NYC northeast area of the country.

Clown? Lol is it really that hard to have a conversation without the name calling? Guess not

You don't think there is a bias towards SF? The only reason we have any coverage is because we are actually in playoff contention. Do the Niners get any coverage? NO Why? We have sucked for the longest what do you expect?

I'd understand if the A's were at least in playoff contention and still get no coverage, but that's not the story is it?
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Oh my, called out on my grammar, that's a new one here on this board.

Now you got me.

Okay lets see if I can get it right this time...

"I'm expecting the Niners to have a worst record than they had in 08"

Happy now?

Yup. You're grammmmer an spellin r not worser anymoore.
Get off Pride, fellas LOL Sans the simple grammar errors (that we ALL make from time to time), this cat's posts matter to me. If you aren't concerned, then don't get involved in the discussions.

I may not share Pride's "hatred" for all things San Francisco, but I have to admit that he's right...I'd still root for this 49er franchise if they moved away. The city of SF DOESN'T deserve a FOOTBALL franchise any longer. Fact is a huge majority of SF's residents could care less.

The Raider emblem post...weak, man.

Now, you can go back to bashing B. Sabean after losing a series to the Camouflage-draped Padres (who are actually 20 games out as well). I guess the A's aren't so bad after all, huh?
Conversation without calling other members names?

Excuse but wasn't it you who I've never even heard of or seen you post in this thread label me "whinning ass" in your very six or seven words of your post a few hours ago?

Maybe follow your own advice before you criticize others for something you just did minutes before you wanted to act like you did nothing wrong and was a good guy all along while posting here.

You telling me there isn't a ton of coverage going on for the Niners over years even when they have stunk it up? You turn on the radio or TV here during the fall, Niners always get the first story in the sports segments. If you can't see that, then I don't know what you're watching because it's a given SF will always get the headline segments no matter if the teams are doing good or bad and teams like the A's and Raiders are doing well.

And I repeat, even when the A's were winning earlier this decade, heck in 06 when they made the playoffs...something that hadn't happened with a bay area baseball team in 2 years and advanced to the ALCS that year against DET, they didn't get near the coverage SF did earlier this decade or even a few years back before 06 when they were winning divisions and playing in playoff games, they'd get top of the story coverage in the news telecast be it at 5, 6, 10, 11 PM...while the A's got mentioned in the regular end of the telecast sports segments.

It's something many A's fans notice and get tired of. Being treated like second and third class citizens no matter what. And don't bring up the oh Oakland is trash and SF is the "city by the bay" s**t argument. As I said previously, it's okay for the pro SF media outlets that make it known they're biased for SF like KNBR and the chron, and others, it's another for the regular news channels to show that type of bias too.
Carter hits a 2 run HR in the 1st in SAC's playoff game tonight.


Gives him 5 HRs/16 RBIs in his first 55 ABs at AAA.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Conversation without calling other members names?

Excuse but wasn't it you who I've never even heard of or seen you post in this thread label me "whinning ass" in your very six or seven words of your post a few hours ago?

Maybe follow your own advice before you criticize others for something you just did minutes before you wanted to act like you did nothing wrong and was a good guy all along while posting here.

You telling me there isn't a ton of coverage going on for the Niners over years even when they have stunk it up? You turn on the radio or TV here during the fall, Niners always get the first story in the sports segments. If you can't see that, then I don't know what you're watching because it's a given SF will always get the headline segments no matter if the teams are doing good or bad and teams like the A's and Raiders are doing well.

And I repeat, even when the A's were winning earlier this decade, heck in 06 when they made the playoffs...something that hadn't happened with a bay area baseball team in 2 years and advanced to the ALCS that year against DET, they didn't get near the coverage SF did earlier this decade or even a few years back before 06 when they were winning divisions and playing in playoff games, they'd get top of the story coverage in the news telecast be it at 5, 6, 10, 11 PM...while the A's got mentioned in the regular end of the telecast sports segments.

It's something many A's fans notice and get tired of. Being treated like second and third class citizens no matter what. And don't bring up the oh Oakland is trash and SF is the "city by the bay" s**t argument. As I said previously, it's okay for the pro SF media outlets that make it known they're biased for SF like KNBR and the chron, and others, it's another for the regular news channels to show that type of bias too.

You really need to go get some therapy and get over this. Maybe this will help. Repeat after me: San Francisco is the most beautiful city in the country. Oakland is a hell hole. People come to visit San Francisco. People long to get the hell out of Oakland. OK.. hope that helps.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Get off Pride, fellas LOL Sans the simple grammar errors (that we ALL make from time to time), this cat's posts matter to me. If you aren't concerned, then don't get involved in the discussions.

I may not share Pride's "hatred" for all things San Francisco, but I have to admit that he's right...I'd still root for this 49er franchise if they moved away. The city of SF DOESN'T deserve a FOOTBALL franchise any longer. Fact is a huge majority of SF's residents could care less.

The Raider emblem post...weak, man.

Now, you can go back to bashing B. Sabean after losing a series to the Camouflage-draped Padres (who are actually 20 games out as well). I guess the A's aren't so bad after all, huh?

Actually the A's are that bad. The record doesnt lie.

As for my post...sorry cant help it. His lame whining posts about the poor A's and lack of media coverage is just pathetic as is the jealousy and hatred for San Francisco. I just can't believe he would actually root for a team that is the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.
Thus.. why I said to just become an OAKLAND Raiders fan. I think that team deserves Ninerpride.
Im gonna laugh so hard if the Giants miss the playoffs. As much as id like for a bay area team to make the playoffs just because it's been a while im gonna laugh because everybody's getting overly excited..UMM the Rockies are still leading..

and i do agree with Niner Pride I watch CSN and they don't talk about the A's for s**t. Doesn't even matter if they're in last place it's supposed to be about Bay Area sports in general not just SF.
I got a question, do you actually live in the city of SF or are you living in some suburb nobody outside the bay area knows or cares about?

As for my fandom, I don't have to defend my fandom of the Niners from dicks like yourselves who buys into the media that if it doesn't happen in SF, it doesn't deserve first class coverage.

Not just A's or Oakland fans who feel this, I know a lot of Sharks fans who other than NBC11 which is based in SJ, also doesn't get the coverage SF teams get.

I'm sure the SFG fans are glad you are a fan of their teams buying into their garbage that they can win with a s**tty offense and just having a grand old day at the park enjoying the surroundings.

What is it, 50, 60, 70 years without a world title...who knows at this point, hard to keep up with a team that's been a loser during it's whole time here in the bay area.

Now that's something you can't deny.

3252, it's not a matter of if, but WHEN.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
I got a question, do you actually live in the city of SF or are you living in some suburb nobody outside the bay area knows or cares about?

As for my fandom, I don't have to defend my fandom of the Niners from dicks like yourselves who buys into the media that if it doesn't happen in SF, it doesn't deserve first class coverage.

Not just A's or Oakland fans who feel this, I know a lot of Sharks fans who other than NBC11 which is based in SJ, also doesn't get the coverage SF teams get.

I'm sure the SFG fans are glad you are a fan of their teams buying into their garbage that they can win with a s**tty offense and just having a grand old day at the park enjoying the surroundings.

What is it, 50, 60, 70 years without a world title...who knows at this point, hard to keep up with a team that's been a loser during it's whole time here in the bay area.

Now that's something you can't deny.

You truly are sad and pathetic with your constant whining about the media, your jelousy of SF, and the fact that you want to bring up titles of the A's from 35 years ago and rip the Giants for not having won a title. Seriously, it is really really pathetic.

You simply cannnot accept that the A's suck this year and are not going to get media coverage when they are 20 games out and one of the worst teams in baseball. Then, when that is pointed out to you, you call people clowns and dicks.

I think you can look at this thread as an example of the apathy people have towards your A's. Your fan base in here has dwindled dramatically. In fact, if not for me you would basically be having a conversation with yourself.
One last thing and then I am done with this mindless conversation with you. I am a huge Warriors fan and last I checked they dont play in SF. Also, I would hope and expect that any team in the Bay Area would get media coverage IF they deserve it. The A's should not expect much attention when the Giants are in the playoff hunt and the 49ers and Raiders start their season this week.

Sorry if you cant accept that but the A's can fix that. All they have to do is win next year and they will get the attention that you so want.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
I got a question, do you actually live in the city of SF or are you living in some suburb nobody outside the bay area knows or cares about?

As for my fandom, I don't have to defend my fandom of the Niners from dicks like yourselves who buys into the media that if it doesn't happen in SF, it doesn't deserve first class coverage.

Not just A's or Oakland fans who feel this, I know a lot of Sharks fans who other than NBC11 which is based in SJ, also doesn't get the coverage SF teams get.

I'm sure the SFG fans are glad you are a fan of their teams buying into their garbage that they can win with a s**tty offense and just having a grand old day at the park enjoying the surroundings.

What is it, 50, 60, 70 years without a world title...who knows at this point, hard to keep up with a team that's been a loser during it's whole time here in the bay area.

Now that's something you can't deny.

Born and raised in SF, that's why I root for them. Is it okay for other people to root for a team even though they aren't from that city? Sure I don't care, but here you are putting down SF just because Oakland doesn't get any coverage? Are you kidding me? Of course SF is going to get more coverage, how are you going to compare SF to Oakland? Does Oakland even deserve to get media coverage?

Go to an Oakland forum and it's EMPTY, if your own fans don't support the A's why should the media? & how the hell are we buying into the media?? I was born in SF so of course I am going to support SF teams till I die. Whether they suck or they are good, I don't even care for media coverage. I mean seriously to sit here and put down SF just because the A's don't get media coverage is absolutely PATHETIC.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Im gonna laugh so hard if the Giants miss the playoffs. As much as id like for a bay area team to make the playoffs just because it's been a while im gonna laugh because everybody's getting overly excited..UMM the Rockies are still leading..

and i do agree with Niner Pride I watch CSN and they don't talk about the A's for s**t. Doesn't even matter if they're in last place it's supposed to be about Bay Area sports in general not just SF.

Haha at least we know we are one big bat away from making the playoffs, I think the San Jose Giants could beat that pathetic A's team.
Share 49erswebzone