There are 209 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ninerpride:
It's gone beyond comical now with the A's and CNSBA's programming.

Yet again they are relegated to the very last segment what 2-3 segment on the CSN Central and you guessed it, like last time only three highlights, maybe 20 secs worth at the most. With the highlights consisting of three pitches in the 1st inning.

Sweeney single to load the bases, Cust 3 run HR, Ellis HR.

Yep, that's all you get from a 11 run/20 hit offensive output earlier today.

They didn't even mention the A's in the show until the last very segment, no potential teaser during the opening, not even a "teaser" before the commercial.

Heck, wasn't this show billed to give Bay Area sports fans their own local sports highlights show with a full 30 minutes yet the regular sports segments on the local networks here show just as much or even more highlights of the A's with their 3 minute or so segment at the end of their newscast as the this SportsNet Central show does.

Yet we get to see "breaking news" over and over again in that 30 minute program of rat boy/rat face with oh my god, a bad back. Love how they opened the program up with one of the stooge hosts saying basically the "whole" bay area is taken a back with the news. Yesk, A's fans like myself and others really are all that worried, heck let the ass torque his back even more and let him miss the rest of this season after his next start.

Why not hold a candlelight vigil down by the park, you overdramatize the littlest of s**t anyways. What a bunch of clowns.

Pretty pathetic that the local wannabe Bay Area "SportsCenter" they want to make this show out to be here locally doesn't show the A's highlights earlier in their programming than the actual SportsCenter does which is located 3000+ miles away.

Like I said earlier, makes me as an A's fan root harder and harder for the Dodgers, Rockies and now Marlins to continue to win every game.

Cry me a river. I guess you think that the A's winning a game to stay within 20.5 games of first place in their fricking own division is as important as an injury to the reigining Cy Young winner for a team that is actually playing games that matter.
The media is going to report what MOST people care about - not the handful of A's fans that still care about the 2009 season. LOL.. you keep rooting against the Giants if it somehow makes you feel better.

I'll grab you a cold beer while we sit and watch the MLB playoffs at home together. Pull up a chair, Johnny boy...make ya self comfortable!

Good job against the Fathers last night

LOL. I never turn down a free beer. At least the Giants played meaningful games up to the start of football season. I dont think the A's played any past May Day.
I never expected the Giants to make it this far and its been fun and frustrating all at the same time.

GO NINERS.. at least we can agree on that. Oh.. I will ignore that nasty remark about last nights game.
Yeah it does make me feel better to root extra hard when the biased media here is rooting so hard for that team to win.

And from what I've been reading not only just this past season where since a long time, the A's are worse off than SF, but for previous seasons on how SF fans feel about the A's, it'll make it sweeter to see you guys fail.

As for the media reporting what fans here want, I've already explained other examples of the media not caring a ton about teams not associated with SF in recent posts so I'm not gonna hash those examples again on how the media is biased here even when other teams in the area are good yet don't receive the amount and type o coverage other teams do.

Go Rockies!
Yeah it does make me feel better to root extra hard when the biased media here is rooting so hard for that team to win.

And from what I've been reading not only just this past season where since a long time, the A's are worse off than SF, but for previous seasons on how SF fans feel about the A's, it'll make it sweeter to see you guys fail.

As for the media reporting what fans here want, I've already explained other examples of the media not caring a ton about teams not associated with SF in recent posts so I'm not gonna hash those examples again on how the media is biased here even when other teams in the area are good yet don't receive the amount and type o coverage other teams do.

Go Rockies!

Pride, you're a cold dude

But yeah, I am rootin for Giambi, soooo...

...sorry John, nothin personal bro. You're gonna have a STACKED pitching staff in 2010. You guys will be right back there, especially if you find a reliable first baseman.
Rockies are stacked not only for the present but future too.

We all know they can hit the snot out of the ball and seem to develop stud hitters it seems with ease. They probably have the best offense in the NL West but the pitching overall is pretty damn good too.

Remember this year they were without whom many considered their ace the past few years with Francis whos was ruled out for the year before the season started.

Francis, Cook, Jimenez, De La Rosa, Hammel, Marquis..although don't know if he'll be a FA after this season but they also got that potential stud Chacin who they called up a few months ago...the pitching staff in 2010 could be as deep as anybody's.

Add to that they have Friedrich who some considered one of the top LHSP, or SP prospects period who could arrive maybe sometime in 2010 as he's doing VERY WELL in all of the minors and they drafted Matzek who was one of the top high school arms in this past draft with their 1st pick.

I know before the season I thought ARZ was the team to watch out for in the future but COL seems like they're set for a long run also.

They have the offense and as for pitching, they can match up with anybody's pitching rotation now and heading into the next decade.

That franchise is freakin loaded!
Just looked it up, Marquis is a FA after this season.

Go Rockies!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa We dont get any coverage! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Go Rockies!

Since you hate SF so much I have a suggestion for you... go root for this team:
Haha, the the typical response I get from SF fans when they know of my fandom.

Honestly hope the Niners do move out of SF, the city doesn't deserve them with them being the only pro team to have ever won anything in that city yet can't get them build a new venue.

Even when the Niners were somewhat still in their heyday in the mid 90s, the city needed to cheat to get that BOND MEASURE passed for the stadium Eddie D/Policy wanted to built in the parking lot at Candlestick Point.
Haha, the the typical response I get from SF fans when they know of my fandom.

Honestly hope the Niners do move out of SF, the city doesn't deserve them with them being the only pro team to have ever won anything in that city yet can't get them build a new venue.

Even when the Niners were somewhat still in their heyday in the mid 90s, the city needed to cheat to get that BOND MEASURE passed for the stadium Eddie D/Policy wanted to built in the parking lot at Candlestick Point.

If you hate SF much why the hell do you root for the Niners?

let me guess you fell in love with them in the 80's and decided to follow them?
Yes I rooted for them in the mid 80s when I started to watch football because they were the only team in the area to root for.

Heck if they played in SJ or Santa Clara, wherever, they were the only team here so they were the choice I made.

Love SF fans who think you need to love the city or any team associated with the city to be a fan of another team that may play there.

I normally don't read anything on this message board other than a few threads, A's/W's and others but when I saw the thread about how Dodgers fans being Niners fans was pretty amusing.

I mean how dare you root for a team in LA and root for a team in SF, that's against the RULES right?

Yes I rooted for them in the mid 80s when I started to watch football because they were the only team in the area to root for.

Heck if they played in SJ or Santa Clara, wherever, they were the only team here so they were the choice I made.

Love SF fans who think you need to love the city or any team associated with the city to be a fan of another team that may play there.

I normally don't read anything on this message board other than a few threads, A's/W's and others but when I saw the thread about how Dodgers fans being Niners fans was pretty amusing.

I mean how dare you root for a team in LA and root for a team in SF, that's against the RULES right?

& I love whining ass fans who complain about not getting coverage on TV when your team is 20 or so games behind, what do you expect? You sound like the same people in NT complaining about the Niners not getting any respect when we haven't had a winning team since 02.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 9, 2009 at 16:27:11 ]
Ah no clown, you don't know me or what I think about the Niners.

Since I don't post about the Niners on this board, you don't know that I one big pessimistic Niners fans who doesn't think this team will go anywhere with McClouless in charge making the big personal decisions or even Singletary as the head coach.

This team will continue to be mediocre and playing in by far the worst stadium in the league for the foreseeable future. They have no plan it looks like, seems as they're throwing as much s**t on the wall and see what sticks.

I'm expecting a worser record for this team than last year's 7-9. This team is like the W's, mediocre and really they need a major overhaul in their thinking to turn this franchise around.

As for the whole media think, I posted what I've thought about it many times and my mind isn't gonna change that there is a bias towards EVERY TEAM outside SF just as there is on ESPN with every team outside of the BOS/NYC northeast area of the country.
Heads up to the A's fans here, MLBN is replaying the 74 WS with the Dodgers later tonight.

Been watching the previous games the past few nights.
Ah no clown, you don't know me or what I think about the Niners.

Since I don't post about the Niners on this board, you don't know that I one big pessimistic Niners fans who doesn't think this team will go anywhere with McClouless in charge making the big personal decisions or even Singletary as the head coach.

This team will continue to be mediocre and playing in by far the worst stadium in the league for the foreseeable future. They have no plan it looks like, seems as they're throwing as much s**t on the wall and see what sticks.

I'm expecting a worser record for this team than last year's 7-9. This team is like the W's, mediocre and really they need a major overhaul in their thinking to turn this franchise around.

As for the whole media think, I posted what I've thought about it many times and my mind isn't gonna change that there is a bias towards EVERY TEAM outside SF just as there is on ESPN with every team outside of the BOS/NYC northeast area of the country.

You are expecting a "WORSER" record? Did you perhaps ever think about going to school? By the way, I don't think that was very nice to call Birdman a clown.
Oh my, called out on my grammar, that's a new one here on this board.

Now you got me.

Okay lets see if I can get it right this time...

"I'm expecting the Niners to have a worst record than they had in 08"

Happy now?
Share 49ersWebzone