There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by NinerAce:
I think Carl takes Jimmied this time and wins the title. I want Jeff to get his fifth, but I am not feeling it right now. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Other predictions: Montoya makes the chase, Junior misses the chase. Logano struggles to stay in the top 35, Almendinger and Ragan will surprise.

IF he can get some sponsorship. I hope he does b/c I think he's good enough to get in the top 25 in points at least. I dont think Logano will struggle to stay in the top 35. I think he'll be running up front by the 2nd half of the season and also finish in the top 25 in points.

I wanna see Montoya make the chase but I just dont think he can be consistent enough to do it he's too wreckless. And I dont think Carl will win the title this year he's been the #1 to win the title from everybody in the media and whenever that happens the person never wins the title so I think it will be someone else this year. Hopefully Gordo wil but I dunno maybe age and having a kid has caught up to him.

idk i could see Gordon winning his 5th. You see the man in victory lane after the Duel. he looked like a new man and more importantly MOTIVATED now that his daughter can come to victory lane. I think it's gonna be a close call this year.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I think Carl takes Jimmied this time and wins the title. I want Jeff to get his fifth, but I am not feeling it right now. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Other predictions: Montoya makes the chase, Junior misses the chase. Logano struggles to stay in the top 35, Almendinger and Ragan will surprise.

IF he can get some sponsorship. I hope he does b/c I think he's good enough to get in the top 25 in points at least. I dont think Logano will struggle to stay in the top 35. I think he'll be running up front by the 2nd half of the season and also finish in the top 25 in points.

I wanna see Montoya make the chase but I just dont think he can be consistent enough to do it he's too wreckless. And I dont think Carl will win the title this year he's been the #1 to win the title from everybody in the media and whenever that happens the person never wins the title so I think it will be someone else this year. Hopefully Gordo wil but I dunno maybe age and having a kid has caught up to him.

idk i could see Gordon winning his 5th. You see the man in victory lane after the Duel. he looked like a new man and more importantly MOTIVATED now that his daughter can come to victory lane. I think it's gonna be a close call this year.

Thats a really good point I really thought he had a car to win the 500 if it wasn't for the f**kin rain. Cali has always been a great track for him too so hopefully he'll get it done sunday.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Scott Speed is now in nascar? F1 too much to handle scottie?
Originally posted by qnbrew88:
Scott Speed is now in nascar? F1 too much to handle scottie?

Wasn't as much that as it was that his team hated him over there. I forgot the whole story but the guy who ran the Red Bull team couldn't stand Scott and Scott couldn't stand him and they both made it known so the owner of Red Bull convinced Scott to try NASCAR. I think thats how it went. I remember ESPN the Mag running an article on it last year but I can't remember what all happened.
This Weeks Power Rankings

Harvick is number 1 for the week. I don't know about that one. Especially given the success of California has been largely the same people. Guess it is just the string of second place finishes.

And this is the results of the 500's ratings on TV.
NEW YORK -- The Daytona 500's television ratings declined as the rain-shortened race missed out on the final laps that typically draw the most viewers.

Sunday's event on FOX drew a preliminary national rating of 9.2 and a 19 share, the network said Tuesday. The last rain-shortened Daytona 500 earned a 9.8/21 in 2003.

Last year's full race drew a 10.2/20.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions watching a program. The share is the percentage tuned in among households with the TV on at the time.

To bad they didn't grade it as well. F-

[ Edited by SF49erFaithful on Feb 18, 2009 at 14:01:13 ]
Auto Club 500 at Fontana(FOX) this Sunday. Brian Vickers wins the pole. Waltrip gets in due to owner's points.

Auto Club 500 lineup

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 20, 2009 at 19:22:22 ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Auto Club 500 at Fontana(FOX) this Sunday. Brian Vickers wins the pole. Waltrip gets in due to owner's points.

Auto Club 500 lineup

I was just looking at this. He was stupid fast. My boy is second. The usual suspects around the front.

On another note....Who is your guys favorite all time driver?

I know for me, I have watched NASCAR for years. Some of you might still be watching your first favorite driver. i.e. Gordon. However, for me, I was the hugest Sterling Marlin fan in the world. My first 500 I was actually interested in was the 95 one. Sterling won. then went on to win the next year. I got real serious about Marlin in 2000. It sucked when he retired. I know he was not that good of a driver, but something made me really like him. When Jimmie Johnson drove the excedrin car in Busch, I told my wife he would be great and replace Sterling at retirement. that is how I ended up a Jimmie fan. Oh yeah, I also like him because he was a California boy. got to support the home team guys.
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:

Auto Club 500 lineup

I was just looking at this. He was stupid fast. My boy is second. The usual suspects around the front.

I know for me, I have watched NASCAR for years. Some of you might still be watching your first favorite driver. i.e. Gordon. However, for me, I was the hugest Sterling Marlin fan in the world. My first 500 I was actually interested in was the 95 one. Sterling won. then went on to win the next year. I got real serious about Marlin in 2000. It sucked when he retired. I know he was not that good of a driver, but something made me really like him. When Jimmie Johnson drove the excedrin car in Busch, I told my wife he would be great and replace Sterling at retirement. that is how I ended up a Jimmie fan. Oh yeah, I also like him because he was a California boy. got to support the home team guys.

For me its a tie between Smoke and Junior.

Auto Club 500 lineup

For me its a tie between Smoke and Junior.

i like everyone in HMS but my all-time favorite has to be Gordon! from my hometown. Vallejo!
Started watching Nascar in 93 to 94 when I was about 15 or 16 years old. The only young driver making news was Jeff so, naturally, I became a fan.

I still remember a commercial that ESPN had that featured Speed Racer being interviewed and saying that he was going to Nascar and thanking Jeff Gordon for putting a good word for him to Nascar. Right then, other drivers (Jarrett, and maybe Earnhardt among others) stare at young Jeff like saying: "What did you do kid." Jeff just says: "What?!? the guy did win a 1,000 mile race." referring to Speed Racer. Always thought this was appropriate since they always referred to Jeff as Wonderboy.
Since I see that there are some hard core Nascar fans here, I thought I'd recommend a good Nascar website tht might interest some of you.

http://www.fantasynascarpreview.com

They have good information that helps you if you have a Nascar fantasy team plus the forum has some good conversation. They also have a fantasy league in yahoo that you can join.
Since I see that there are some hard core Nascar fans here, I thought I'd recommend a good Nascar website tht might interest some of you.

They have good information that helps you if you have a Nascar fantasy team plus the forum has some good conversation. They also have a fantasy league in yahoo that you can join.

Thanks bro, never heard of that one.

Are the forums on that link the typical driver bashing that I see on the official nascar site?

Are the forums on that link the typical driver bashing that I see on the official nascar site?

There is hardly any bashing at all. The forums are almost solely used for opinions on who should we start on our fantasy teams, which driver has a strong car, and who is good at a particualar track. Whenever there is a controversy (like Junior last week) we talk about it but without a lot a bashing.
California today. Should be a good race. I just hope Kyle Busch doesn't win every race of the weekend.