LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:
Originally posted by NinerAce:
It was BS that they called the race like that. I've seen lots of other races that go through multiple red flags and way longer rain delays and Nascar waits a lot longer to call it. This race was called so we can see The Simpsons on time.

I also think junior should've gotten a penalty.

Good to have Nascar back. Hopefully my Navy schedule lets me see the whole season.

Yeah, hope so. Not for me. Deploy again in mid May. But maybe this thread can keep me up to date this year. I agree Ace, they called it to early. Like they decided, lets give one to Rousch.

Vickers ran Jr off the double yellow. Its Vickers fault as much as Jr's.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
It was BS that they called the race like that. I've seen lots of other races that go through multiple red flags and way longer rain delays and Nascar waits a lot longer to call it. This race was called so we can see The Simpsons on time.

I also think junior should've gotten a penalty.

Good to have Nascar back. Hopefully my Navy schedule lets me see the whole season.

Yeah, hope so. Not for me. Deploy again in mid May. But maybe this thread can keep me up to date this year. I agree Ace, they called it to early. Like they decided, lets give one to Rousch.

Vickers ran Jr off the double yellow. Its Vickers fault as much as Jr's.

When I first watched it, I thought Jr was at fault. Then through the front windshield of Jrs car, I thought it was just racing. Bumped him trying to get back up the track. I thought Vickers made a bad move trying to block that aggresively. But overall, I thought Jr. drove a bad, sloppy race (accident or not).

And Logano looked like an 18 year old.
This was one of the worst 500s in recent memory for me. Canceling the race was just absurd it wasn't that late over there so they coulda easily waited it out. Plus I gotta blame FOX and NASCAR for this if NASCAR actually stood up for themselves they wouldn't have been for the 500 starting so last few years in the first place. It has always been a day race before FOX decided to make it a prime time event and this race woulda ended with the full 500 miles completed if NASCAR didn't puss out to all the networks' demands.

I thought last year's 500 champion was a joke but Kenseth definitely takes the cake I can't stand that lil b***h and woulda much rather seen Sadler win instead.

As for Junior I think he'll never be a champion in the series. He has let the pressure from the media and fans get to him too much. His driving has become a joke and he can't blame anyone but himself for the stupid mistakes he made today. I also think he coulda backed off instead of clipping Vickers but he was so mad at himself for the pit penalty he just decided to be super aggressive instead.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
This was one of the worst 500s in recent memory for me. Canceling the race was just absurd it wasn't that late over there so they coulda easily waited it out. Plus I gotta blame FOX and NASCAR for this if NASCAR actually stood up for themselves they wouldn't have been for the 500 starting so last few years in the first place. It has always been a day race before FOX decided to make it a prime time event and this race woulda ended with the full 500 miles completed if NASCAR didn't puss out to all the networks' demands.

I thought last year's 500 champion was a joke but Kenseth definitely takes the cake I can't stand that lil b***h and woulda much rather seen Sadler win instead.

As for Junior I think he'll never be a champion in the series. He has let the pressure from the media and fans get to him too much. His driving has become a joke and he can't blame anyone but himself for the stupid mistakes he made today. I also think he coulda backed off instead of clipping Vickers but he was so mad at himself for the pit penalty he just decided to be super aggressive instead.

Oh please, watch the video replays. Vickers hit Jr trying to block and almost forced him into the grass. This whole mess wouldnt have started if Vickers hadnt gone out of his way to block like an idiot.

If the pressure was getting to Junior, he wouldnt even be in NASCAR or let alone hired by HMS. Junior had a bad day, no doubt. Happens to the best of them. But saying he is a bad driver because of today is stupid.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 15, 2009 at 21:52:54 ]
one of the worst 500's ever. They were quick to end the race. i know they can call it after the half way point but come on now! as for this years championship id like any one of the Hendrick drivers to win it!

Oh please, watch the video replays. Vickers hit Jr trying to block and almost forced him into the grass. This whole mess wouldnt have started if Vickers hadnt gone out of his way to block like an idiot.

If the pressure was getting to Junior, he wouldnt even be in NASCAR or let alone hired by HMS. Junior had a bad day, no doubt. Happens to the best of them. But saying he is a bad driver because of today is stupid.

Everybody was driving like crazy cuz they knew the rain was coming hence the reason why Vickers blocked in the first place to keep the #1 for the Lucky Dog yet Junior couldn't figure that out for the life of him. He still coulda fell back in line he didn't have to come straight back into Vickers' corner panel.

Did I ever say that he was a bad driver b/c of JUST today? No so stfu and quit assuming that I meant just today. If you have paid attention to my previous convos from last year genius you woulda realized that I wasn't for the Jr hiring in the first place. The only reason HMS hired him is b/c Rick is in love with Junior, and personally wants to see Jr get a championship. The guy is overrated and I'd take at least 15 drivers over him anyday. The only reason he gets the attention he does is b/c of his last name anyone else would rarely get mentioned. Ever since 04 he has crumbled under the pressure of winning a championship from the media, the fans, and mostly himself. Last year was obviously his best chance to win a championship since 04 and he absolutely choked in the chase. Yeah I'll root for him b/c he's on HMS but he isnt't hat great of a driver. I'd take Vickers and I hate to say it even that b***h Kyle Busch over him anyday when it comes for the 3rd or 4th driver of HMS.

Everybody was driving like crazy cuz they knew the rain was coming hence the reason why Vickers blocked in the first place to keep the #1 for the Lucky Dog yet Junior couldn't figure that out for the life of him. He still coulda fell back in line he didn't have to come straight back into Vickers' corner panel.

Did I ever say that he was a bad driver b/c of JUST today? No so stfu and quit assuming that I meant just today. If you have paid attention to my previous convos from last year genius you woulda realized that I wasn't for the Jr hiring in the first place. The only reason HMS hired him is b/c Rick is in love with Junior, and personally wants to see Jr get a championship. The guy is overrated and I'd take at least 15 drivers over him anyday. The only reason he gets the attention he does is b/c of his last name anyone else would rarely get mentioned. Ever since 04 he has crumbled under the pressure of winning a championship from the media, the fans, and mostly himself. Last year was obviously his best chance to win a championship since 04 and he absolutely choked in the chase. Yeah I'll root for him b/c he's on HMS but he isnt't hat great of a driver. I'd take Vickers and I hate to say it even that b***h Kyle Busch over him anyday when it comes for the 3rd or 4th driver of HMS.

man and to think both of those guys drove for HMS
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

Ok Ninerfan, if ur are going to tell me to stfu I prefer you tell it to my face instead of hiding behind your computer. I'm replying to ur post based on your opinion, so like it or not. I can assume what I want, regardless of your previous posts dating to last year. This is the f'ing internet.

Junior is overrated? Hardly. Vickers did this to Jr and Jimmie in the final laps at Dega in 06' so what goes around, comes around. California next weekend is going to be fun.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 16, 2009 at 03:47:08 ]
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

Ok Ninerfan, if ur are going to tell me to stfu I prefer you tell it to my face instead of hiding behind your computer. I'm replying to ur post based on your opinion, so like it or not. I can assume what I want, regardless of your previous posts dating to last year. This is the f'ing internet.

Junior is overrated? Hardly. Vickers did this to Jr and Jimmie in the final laps at Dega in 06' so what goes around, comes around. California next weekend is going to be fun.

Hiding behind my computer? f**k I woulda gladly told it to your face if we had this convo in person, and instead of assuming you coulda just asked if I meant just the 500 or his career in general. Its not that hard trust me.
Alright, on to California. I like this race. Fast and usually pure racing. Jimmie and Kenseth are good here, so is Busch and Biffle (which I hate). Gordon is obviously good in California. Should be a good one.

Since we have a break, we should forecast our pick for the CUP CHAMPION. Put it in here and we could see who is right. Also, a pick on a good driver who surprising misses the chase.

You know I am a Jimmie fan, and until someone shows he can be beaten, I am staying with him. My darkhorse to win it is Hamlin. I think he will have a really good year and contend in the end. Kurt Busch and Kahne miss the chase.

Alright, on to California. I like this race. Fast and usually pure racing. Jimmie and Kenseth are good here, so is Busch and Biffle (which I hate). Gordon is obviously good in California. Should be a good one.

Since we have a break, we should forecast our pick for the CUP CHAMPION. Put it in here and we could see who is right. Also, a pick on a good driver who surprising misses the chase.

You know I am a Jimmie fan, and until someone shows he can be beaten, I am staying with him. My darkhorse to win it is Hamlin. I think he will have a really good year and contend in the end. Kurt Busch and Kahne miss the chase.

Look for Jr to rebound and Busch to continue whining. Somehow I dont think Stewart will make the chase. 1st year owner is going to be tough.

Look for Jr to rebound and Busch to continue whining. Somehow I dont think Stewart will make the chase. 1st year owner is going to be tough.

Yeah, owner driver never works out. Look at Waltrip, B Elliot, R Gordon, K Petty...I think Stewart is going to be OK but I think Ryan Newman is going to suffer. I could be wrong and Stewart struggles as well. It is hard to be a owner driver. To much stuff to worry about.

Yeah, owner driver never works out. Look at Waltrip, B Elliot, R Gordon, K Petty...I think Stewart is going to be OK but I think Ryan Newman is going to suffer. I could be wrong and Stewart struggles as well. It is hard to be a owner driver. To much stuff to worry about.

And it looks like Stewart is already not happy with Goodyear after last week. But it is a good thing that they have Hendrick engines. There is actually a little joke going around that Stewart and Newman are the 5th and 6th teams (unofficially) for HMS.
I think Carl takes Jimmied this time and wins the title. I want Jeff to get his fifth, but I am not feeling it right now. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Other predictions: Montoya makes the chase, Junior misses the chase. Logano struggles to stay in the top 35, Almendinger and Ragan will surprise.
I think Carl takes Jimmied this time and wins the title. I want Jeff to get his fifth, but I am not feeling it right now. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Other predictions: Montoya makes the chase, Junior misses the chase. Logano struggles to stay in the top 35, Almendinger and Ragan will surprise.

IF he can get some sponsorship. I hope he does b/c I think he's good enough to get in the top 25 in points at least. I dont think Logano will struggle to stay in the top 35. I think he'll be running up front by the 2nd half of the season and also finish in the top 25 in points.

I wanna see Montoya make the chase but I just dont think he can be consistent enough to do it he's too wreckless. And I dont think Carl will win the title this year he's been the #1 to win the title from everybody in the media and whenever that happens the person never wins the title so I think it will be someone else this year. Hopefully Gordo wil but I dunno maybe age and having a kid has caught up to him.
Share 49ersWebzone