Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 590 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by Genius1310:
Hairston blows Pettittes perfect game...A-Roid coulda made that play...

No kidding I was so pissed when I saw how he got the error it was pretty weak and reminded me of the play the guy on the Giants made to cost Sanchez the perfect game.
Wow Andy is 13-6 this season!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
World Series seems to be headed to New York, St. Louis

Link
SWISHER!!!

Plus we got win #90 of the year.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
SWISHER!!!

Plus we got win #90 of the year.

If you guys don't win it all, I will be very surprised
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
SWISHER!!!

Plus we got win #90 of the year.

If you guys don't win it all, I will be very surprised

I dunno Boston and LA are two very good teams that will give us problems. Hell the Tigers might surprise us too I dunno. Either way if we do get to the WS the Phillies and Cards will be really hard to beat. The Rockies look like they might be on their way to another magical run too though.

All I know is I'm not gonna expect anything and talk s**t to anybody when we're in the playoffs. Ive had my hopes crushed waaaaay too often in the last 5 years or so to do so.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
SWISHER!!!

Plus we got win #90 of the year.

He's been great. And Sabathia/Texeira/Burnett have been as good as advertised. (especially the first two)



Congrats, Jeter.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,971
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:



Congrats, Jeter.

Im a die-hard dodgers fan but congrats to Mr.Jeter on tying Lou's all-time hit list as a yankee...Jeter is a class act and have much respect for em as much as i hate the yankees lol
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:



Congrats, Jeter.

Im a die-hard dodgers fan but congrats to Mr.Jeter on tying Lou's all-time hit list as a yankee...Jeter is a class act and have much respect for em as much as i hate the yankees lol

I know records are meant to be broken, but I can't envision Jeter ever being passed, once he owns the record, that is.
Damn it and I wasn't able to watch it tonight!!! Congrats Derek!!! Paving his way to the Hall of Fame.
Congrats to Jeter. only 8 seasons of 194 hits left to catch Rose.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Jeter. only 8 seasons of 194 hits left to catch Rose.

That's not completely out of the question considering the year he had this year, the new ballpark, and the fact that he's remained relatively healthy throughout his career.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Jeter. only 8 seasons of 194 hits left to catch Rose.

That's not completely out of the question considering the year he had this year, the new ballpark, and the fact that he's remained relatively healthy throughout his career.

I believe Jeter is actually ahead of Rose's pace by 80 hits or so.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Jeter. only 8 seasons of 194 hits left to catch Rose.

That's not completely out of the question considering the year he had this year, the new ballpark, and the fact that he's remained relatively healthy throughout his career.

I believe Jeter is actually ahead of Rose's pace by 80 hits or so.

something like that, 80 hits 49 games.

The remarkable stat I saw this morning was that Jeter has played in fewer games than Gehrig yet has 500 more ABs
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone