LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by jrg1:
Heard you guys are about to offer Sabathia a 140 million dollar contract?

Man I hope we're not I still don't trust his arm after the load he had to take with the Brewers this year.

He's 28 years old and big as hell. He can handle a heavy dosage of innings.
Originally posted by King49er:
Burnett is a .500 pitcher who had one good year last year,I hope the Jays do not re-sign him,he's not worth the money,you guys can overpay him this time,fine with me

The Yankees won't be overpaying for him. He'll be making just about the same amount of money as the Cubs offered Dempster. The Yankees need Burnett for the big games. The Red Sox are also trying to make an offer to Burnett, but regardless the Yankee offer will blow the Sox's away. Hank is just gonna laugh at the Sox.
Originally posted by obx49:
Quote:
2. Russell Martin. Some Dodger officials have spread the word that Martin will either be traded or moved to third base, with a Jason Varitek signing a possibility. Whether or not it actually happens will be interesting to see, but teams looking for catching, like the Red Sox, will do a headfirst dive to get in on Martin, who turns 26 in February. I've also heard that the Yankees are making a major push on Martin and Matt Kemp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3681876&name=gammons_peter

Who would the Yankees give up for Martin? Cano maybe?

The only way the Yanks would trade Cano is if they can trade him to the Pirates for McClouth. They need that bat, his speed, his great center field skills. He's a solid up and coming player.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Mike Mussina is retiring now

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3713851
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

Great player and a perfect time to go out as a 20 game winner.
Jeff Marquez (who was just traded for swisher).. he is my cousin

if u dont believe it i got some picks and stuff..
i can tell u he lived in vacaville, ca
went to will c wood highschool..blahhhh

but i think they shoulda kept him.. hes raw!
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by jrg1:
Heard you guys are about to offer Sabathia a 140 million dollar contract?

Man I hope we're not I still don't trust his arm after the load he had to take with the Brewers this year.

He's 28 years old and big as hell. He can handle a heavy dosage of innings.

So was Bartolo Colon at one point, but he has had his fair share of injuries and I can see the same happening to CC. Pitchers can't go like they used to and having him throw so many pitches on 3 days rest towards the end of the season scares the hell out of me. I'd rather give him a 90 million dollar deal or at most 100 million but thanks to Zito and Santana thats not gonna happen.
Burnett is a .500 pitcher who had one good year last year,I hope the Jays do not re-sign him,he's not worth the money,you guys can overpay him this time,fine with me

The Yankees won't be overpaying for him. He'll be making just about the same amount of money as the Cubs offered Dempster. The Yankees need Burnett for the big games. The Red Sox are also trying to make an offer to Burnett, but regardless the Yankee offer will blow the Sox's away. Hank is just gonna laugh at the Sox.

Just like we laughed at them when we got ARod instead of them? All that did was give them 2 rings to our 0. I'm tired of overpaying for marginal players plus we don't even know if he can handle playing in New York. Toronto and Miami are nothing compared to living in NY and usually when small market stars make it to NY they choke.
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:

This is such a bummer I thought for sure he would go for 300 since he's only 30 wins away, I think, but Moose was always a classy guy and was a great pitcher for us throughout the years so I can't help but thank him for what he did for us. Pretty cool that he finally won 20 games to close out a great career.

Just like we laughed at them when we got ARod instead of them? All that did was give them 2 rings to our 0. I'm tired of overpaying for marginal players plus we don't even know if he can handle playing in New York. Toronto and Miami are nothing compared to living in NY and usually when small market stars make it to NY they choke.

Yeah, but for Burnett, it does help when the whole entire Yankee team WANTS you to come to New York. Their all welcoming him, and they know he's good. Jeter and plenty of others said they wish they could sign him. Here's a recent comment from Damon:

Damon: 'I Want Sabathia And Burnett'

New York Post - Yankees' outfielder Johnny Damon isn't normally a greedy guy, but he'd like to see his team sign both CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett this offseason.

"I want them both," Damon said yesterday of the pitchers. "And I hope we also get Derek [Lowe]."

Damon is in the final year of a four-year deal with the Yankees, and figures that adding a number of top-flight pitchers will increase the team's chances to overtake the Rays and Red Sox in the AL East.

"The way the Yankees are approaching it is the right way - it's take it or not," Damon said. "They have made it very clear they want CC."

Link

Yankees Have Deal Brewing With NL Team To Keep 1B Open For Tex?

Boston Herald - The Yankees dealt for Nick Swisher, more of a first baseman than outfielder, but one industry source suggested this move could be a prelude to another deal with a National League club, keeping first base open for Mark Teixeira.

Link
Yankees May Bid Up To Get Sabathia

Newsday - If the Angels deliver a competitive offer to CC Sabathia, the Yankees could increase their offer in order to get their man.

The issue is being debated by Yankee brass but a majority of the front office appears to support the idea of bidding up to reel in Sabathia, a person familiar with the situation told Newsday on Wednesday.

The Yankees could go up to $150 million over six years if the Angels come to Sabathia with a six-year, $130 million contract offer.

Link
  • Dino
  • Veteran
can you yankee fans at least understand why everybody hates them? 120 million here.... 75 milllion here.... 200 something million here....
i mean seriously. it gets old. and don't say its jealousy. sorry. not jealous of a team that cant make the playoffs with the highest payroll in baseball.
Originally posted by ninerswin317:
can you yankee fans at least understand why everybody hates them? 120 million here.... 75 milllion here.... 200 something million here....
i mean seriously. it gets old. and don't say its jealousy. sorry. not jealous of a team that cant make the playoffs with the highest payroll in baseball.

Ahhhhhh please. One season without making the playoffs ain't gonna kill us. If they were in the NL, they'd would've made it.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerswin317:

Ahhhhhh please. One season without making the playoffs ain't gonna kill us. If they were in the NL, they'd would've made it.

i'm just giving you guys s**t. i'm a braves fan man.... we choke every year. you guys are clearly better than us.
Share 49ersWebzone