There are 164 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by jrg1:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Sabathia's the type of guy where I could see us going right around year 3 of whatever contract he signs.

Sabathia is the real deal..don't think he'll end up like Zito.

I would agree but after the load the Brewers put on him I'm not so sure.

True, but CC has been doing that forever..the Indians put alot of innings on his back too..but you guys NEED a guy like this IMO if you wanna have a legit shot at that division.

Thats true but I just hope he can keep that up for the next 6 years or so.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Sabathia's the type of guy where I could see us going right around year 3 of whatever contract he signs.

I know he's legit, but giving 6 years/$138 million to a fatass like him just seems like a bad idea.

Once that fatass goes 9 w/ 10+ K's night in and out...we'll see.

I hope you're right, bro. I really do. Just remember though...he's getting paid for who he's going to be, not what he's been.

But hell...it ain't my money, so I don't know why I'm b***hing.

Haha, and yeah..if you guys don't want him..I'll gladly take him out here in St. Louis

I always forget that baseball isn't like the other sports. If you sign a guy to a horrible contract, it doesn't f**k your salary cap situation for the next 5 years.

......................Rashard Lewis.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

True, but CC has been doing that forever..the Indians put alot of innings on his back too..but you guys NEED a guy like this IMO if you wanna have a legit shot at that division.

True..but depending on what else you guys do, in that first few years of the contract..that may = a WS ring for you guys.

I know he's legit, but giving 6 years/$138 million to a fatass like him just seems like a bad idea.

I hope you're right, bro. I really do. Just remember though...he's getting paid for who he's going to be, not what he's been.

Haha, and yeah..if you guys don't want him..I'll gladly take him out here in St. Louis

I always forget that baseball isn't like the other sports. If you sign a guy to a horrible contract, it doesn't f**k your salary cap situation for the next 5 years.

I wasn't gonna say it.

True..but depending on what else you guys do, in that first few years of the contract..that may = a WS ring for you guys.

If we do get a WS ring then it will be worth it but we're not gonna get it done with CC burning out in the playoffs like he has the last couple years, and we need to get Burnett or Lowe to our starting five as well.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I wasn't gonna say it.

I knew what you were getting at
  • jrg
  • Veteran

If we do get a WS ring then it will be worth it but we're not gonna get it done with CC burning out in the playoffs like he has the last couple years, and we need to get Burnett or Lowe to our starting five as well.

Burnett is coming to Stl

Burnett is coming to Stl

Psh....NEVER!!!
Burnett is a .500 pitcher who had one good year last year,I hope the Jays do not re-sign him,he's not worth the money,you guys can overpay him this time,fine with me

Burnett is coming to Stl

You guys will pay him #1 or #2 Pitchers money,and he'll give you #4 or #5 pitcher numbers at best.

He's one of those guys who had ONE good season,and he's going to cash in!

We overplayed him when he was a .500 pitcher coming from a team that had won a World Series.

yeah, but unlike football, you are stuck paying that money or finding someone else that will. that is why i hate these 5+ year contracts in baseball. pay a million or so more annually to get a 3-4 year contract.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Quote:
2. Russell Martin. Some Dodger officials have spread the word that Martin will either be traded or moved to third base, with a Jason Varitek signing a possibility. Whether or not it actually happens will be interesting to see, but teams looking for catching, like the Red Sox, will do a headfirst dive to get in on Martin, who turns 26 in February. I've also heard that the Yankees are making a major push on Martin and Matt Kemp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3681876&name=gammons_peter

Who would the Yankees give up for Martin? Cano maybe?
Originally posted by obx49:
Quote:
2. Russell Martin. Some Dodger officials have spread the word that Martin will either be traded or moved to third base, with a Jason Varitek signing a possibility. Whether or not it actually happens will be interesting to see, but teams looking for catching, like the Red Sox, will do a headfirst dive to get in on Martin, who turns 26 in February. I've also heard that the Yankees are making a major push on Martin and Matt Kemp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3681876&name=gammons_peter

Who would the Yankees give up for Martin? Cano maybe?

Ya Cano was the person they've mentioned in that trade.
Quote:
FoxSports - Scott Boras, according to executives with two different teams interested in Derek Lowe, is telling clubs he wants "a Zito-type contract" for the free-agent right-hander.

Barry Zito, another Boras client, signed a seven-year, $126 million contract with the Giants following the 2006 season.

The Yankees, Red Sox and Braves are amongst a host of teams interested in Lowe

f**k that! He's a solid pitcher and all but no way is he worth that much money.
BA .219!?!??!! WTF!?!?! 24 homers are nice and all but f**k a batting average like that will have him cut or traded before the deadline next year.

A lot of White Sox struggled hitting this year for some reason. Konerko and Swisher, just a few names...
Share 49ersWebzone