LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Yankees Re-Enter Teixeira Derby

SI.com - The Yankees have re-entered the Mark Teixeira derby, SI.com has learned.

It had been presumed the Yankees were concentrating only on starting pitching for the moment. But sources tell SI.com that the Yankees aren't about to concede Teixeira to the rival Red Sox or anyone else.

Link

HAHAH! Get him Hank!
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Yankees Re-Enter Teixeira Derby

SI.com - The Yankees have re-entered the Mark Teixeira derby, SI.com has learned.

It had been presumed the Yankees were concentrating only on starting pitching for the moment. But sources tell SI.com that the Yankees aren't about to concede Teixeira to the rival Red Sox or anyone else.

Link

HAHAH! Get him Hank!

i bet they are just trying to jack up the price for the sawwwwx, but if they are serious then hell ya get em.
I may die of shock if we get Tex, CC, and AJ.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I may die of shock if we get Tex, CC, and AJ.

I wouldn't. I expect that to happen.
yanks signed aj burnett to a 5 year 80 million deal
our pitching staff is gona be insane.
It's great that we're solidifying our pitching staff, but we need another bat. I'm not exactly doing backflips over...

1) Johnny Damon LF
2) Derek Jeter SS
3) Alex Rodriguez 3B
4) Xavier Nady RF
5) Jorge Posada C
6) Hideki Matsui DH
7) Robinson Cano 2b
8) Mike Cameron CF
9) Nick Swisher 1B
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
yanks signed aj burnett to a 5 year 80 million deal
our pitching staff is gona be insane.

GAME OVER! Yanks are gonna punish teams this year!

C.C.
Wang
Joba
Burnett
Pettitte/Sheets
Being a Braves fan, I would just like to thank the Yankmes for taking the injury prone Burnett. I got money that says he will be the next Carl Pavano for them.
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Being a Braves fan, I would just like to thank the Yankmes for taking the injury prone Burnett. I got money that says he will be the next Carl Pavano for them.

LMAO at all you haters. Just cause your team is too damn cheap to pay for good pitching doesn't mean you gotta hate on the Yanks. f**king cheap skates!
1/4 Billion dollars for 2 pitchers! How crazy is that. If there ever was an example of why there should be a salary cap - thats it.

The Yankees at one time were a class organization. They knew how to develop their own players and field a team that would stick together. When they did go after free agents they really had no problems because players WANTED to go there.

Now.. they are a desparate organization that has to totally overpay to get players to come there. Yes.. they landed CC but that was only because they paid 60 million dollars more than anyone else was offering. The only reported offer was 100 million by the way.. nothing was ever said about $140 by the Dodgers.

Hopefully for their sake they win the WS because anything less would be a complete and utter failure. My guess is that they wont because their 2 highest paid players.. AROD and CC have both been disasters in the playoffs and because Burnett will probably be on the DL by October. If the odds were even money I would bet a LOT on them not winning it all.

PS.. It is painful to know that there are 49er fans here that really love the Yankees.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's great that we're solidifying our pitching staff, but we need another bat. I'm not exactly doing backflips over...

1) Johnny Damon LF
2) Derek Jeter SS
3) Alex Rodriguez 3B
4) Xavier Nady RF
5) Jorge Posada C
6) Hideki Matsui DH
7) Robinson Cano 2b
8) Mike Cameron CF
9) Nick Swisher 1B

Thats a SOLID lineup.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm seriously starting to hate the Yankees.

This is just stupid.
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by tn_niner:

LMAO at all you haters. Just cause your team is too damn cheap to pay for good pitching doesn't mean you gotta hate on the Yanks. f**king cheap skates!

LOL cheap, im no braves fan but what they did is smart. paying burnett 82.5 just cuz he owned the damn yanks this past season is stupid. its like they say oh lets just forget all of burnett injuries from the past and since he survived this past yr without a serious injury lets sign him. and burnett if 32 why do you think the braves and whoever was after him didnt want to give him the 5th yr. carl pavano part II LOL
Originally posted by jrg1:
I'm seriously starting to hate the Yankees.

This is just stupid.

Not me

They can spend all the money they want,they still won't win s**t,they are cursed by A-Rod aka The Dan Marino of baseball
take a look at this,

13 3B Alex Rodriguez- $32M
52 SP C.C. Sabathia- $23M
2 SS Derek Jeter- $20M
--- SP A.J. Burnett- $16.5M
42 CL Mariano Rivera- $15M
20 C Jorge Posada- $13.1M
18 LF/CF Johnny Damon- $13M
55 DH/LF Hideki Matsui- $13M
--- CF Mike Cameron- $10M
24 2B Robinson Cano- $6M
-- 1B/OF Nick Swisher- $5.3M
22 OF/1B Xavier Nady
40 SP Chien-Ming Wang
34 RP Damaso Marte- $3.75M
26 C Jose Molina- $1M

These numbers, dont include any signing bonuses, the numbers for CC and Burnett are based on averages, and Nady and Wang have none, since they are arbitration eligible.
Share 49ersWebzone