LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

LOL, I don't give a rat's ass about Friday night.

Worry about getting past the 1st Round so you can meet us in the 2nd.

Friday night.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm just trying to figure out how I can make sure that we talk about the Lakers for the next 5 pages. brb.

How about the year the referees took over in the fourth quarter of game seven and helped send the Lakers to the NBA Finals. I know there are two series where that happened, but I'm talking about the one against the Blazers, not the Kings.

I get my "Teams from the Early 2000's Who Completely Disintegrate Under Pressure & Then Blame the Refs" confused, so thank you for the clarification.

Have you ever seen the FT disparity? Que the evidence!

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/vearlthepearl/2008/06/11/KINGS_VS_LAKERS

Pfft, that's amateur. You want complaining? .4 f**king seconds! Because someone can catch, turn, and shoot in .4 f**king seconds?!!

I don't want to hear any Spur whining. I hate that franchise as much as I hate the Lakers. Robert Horry and Kidneys still give me nightmares with their buzzer beaters.

I nothing the Blazers. At least your players aren't criminals anymore though.
I'm just trying to figure out how I can make sure that we talk about the Lakers for the next 5 pages. brb.

How about the year the referees took over in the fourth quarter of game seven and helped send the Lakers to the NBA Finals. I know there are two series where that happened, but I'm talking about the one against the Blazers, not the Kings.

I get my "Teams from the Early 2000's Who Completely Disintegrate Under Pressure & Then Blame the Refs" confused, so thank you for the clarification.

Pfft, that's amateur. You want complaining? .4 f**king seconds! Because someone can catch, turn, and shoot in .4 f**king seconds?!!

I don't want to hear any Spur whining. I hate that franchise as much as I hate the Lakers. Robert Horry and Kidneys still give me nightmares with their buzzer beaters.

I nothing the Blazers.
At least your players aren't criminals anymore though.

Exactly.
Originally posted by SS2K8:

This is what i think about that

The NBA's officiating is notoriously bad. Everyone knows the league officiates games so that the greatest ratings are achieved. The only fans in denial of this truth are Laker fans and more recently, Celtic fans.

Anyway, Friday night we're gonna' **** the Lakers up.

Yes including the Lakers. Sorry dude, but the refs have screwed us just as many times if not more than they've helped us. Nobody talks about the Kings series where Shaq fouled out in 2 games because of absolutely bulls**t phantom calls. Or that Peja had a chance to beat us with a 3, and choked and missed. Or the Blazers team going ICE COLD in the 4th quarter of the 2000 WCF. Laker fans can't stand the refs, but for every call that went our way, it had to be combined with an awful play by the opponent and a great play by us.

And thats how a Laker fan hijacks a thread about a completely different team.

Shaquille O'Neal swished his first 10 free throws that night. He wound up hitting 13 of 17. That went with 41 points and 17 rebounds.

If O'Neal hits a thoroughly possible 8 of 17, the Lakers lose. So the guy who somehow remote-controlled O'Neal into being Rick Barry that night is the guy who should be investigated.

The Lakers did shoot 27 fourth-quarter foul shots to Sacramento's nine. But six of those shots came after desperation fouls by Sacramento. Centers Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard fouled out, but Divac's sixth came on a loose ball reach, when he was standing and Robert Horry was diving. At that point of the game, the free throw difference was only 24-19.

Sacramento fouled just 31 times to the Lakers' 24. Going into Game 6, Sacramento shot 149 free throws to the Lakers' 112 in the series.

If we are going to do this, lets do this.

For real though, Greg Oden hasn't been impressive at all.
Originally posted by angelv05:

All the more reason to be afraid. Just imagine if he was playing well. We'd probably be at the top of the conference. But that is good for non-Blazer fans this season. This is going to be a dynasty for the next decade.

All the more reason to be afraid. Just imagine if he was playing well. We'd probably be at the top of the conference. But that is good for non-Blazer fans this season. This is going to be a dynasty for the next decade.

LMAO!! Oden playing beyond he is capable does not = 13 games.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The bigger point is the one you didn't comment on because you know it is true. The Lakers are going to be a floor mat in the years to come.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran

The bigger point is the one you didn't comment on because you know it is true. The Lakers are going to be a floor mat in the years to come.

How does it feel to be a fan of a team who exists only to help further the legacy of other franchises? You should get together with some jazz and suns fans and start a club.
[ Edited by SS2K8 on Apr 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM ]
Jesus!! The Portland Thread has quadrupled in one night!

How does it feel to be a fan of a team who exists only to help further the legacy of other franchises? You should get together with some jazz and suns fan and start a club.

We've won the championship. Are you a Lakers fan? How does it feel to cheer for one of the greatest bandwagon franchises in the history of sports?

The funnier point is that even you don't believe that BS.

Bynum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oden

Oden is just a cherry on top. Roy and Aldridge are going to be bringing home titles through at least 2015. We're the second youngest team in the league and without question the most athletic.

When Pau and Kobe are gone, Ariza and Bynum won't be taking you anywhere.
And one last thing. Will you throw the official sticker on this thread and bump it up there to the sticky section? This is going to be one of those threads you're going to want to have on display to bring more credibility to the forums.

Oden is just a cherry on top. Roy and Aldridge are going to be bringing home titles through at least 2015. We're the second youngest team in the league and without question the most athletic.

When Pau and Kobe are gone, Ariza and Bynum won't be taking you anywhere.

Like we won't be adding any new players till then.
Share 49ersWebzone