There are 243 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

I guess I'll resurrect this thread from the bottom of the page.

Too bad you missed the game, H. The Rockets were on fire and were forcing turnovers like crazy. The intensity they showed was amazing and they looked like they were just too much for the Lakers.

Then the 1st Qtr ended and the Lakers shook off the rust from a 4 day break, and made a complete mockery of the rox. Artest and McGrady went a combined 3-22, and Yao was basically nonexistent because of Bynum's presence. Better luck next time. ..........
LOL, f**kin' Stoney.

Glad you mentioned Bynum. He forced Yao a good 3-4 farther off the block than he wanted to be, and is one of the few guys who can actually challenge his shot. Made life miserable for all of the other Rockets in the lane as well.

And seriously....is that Tracy McGrady out there? I watched him in both LA games (Clippers on Friday as well), and he had....5 points TOTAL?!?!?!? He looks nothing like himself.
Just a couple of pics from the Lakers/Rox game that pretty much sums it up:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I guess I'll resurrect this thread from the bottom of the page.

Too bad you missed the game, H. The Rockets were on fire and were forcing turnovers like crazy. The intensity they showed was amazing and they looked like they were just too much for the Lakers.

Then the 1st Qtr ended and the Lakers shook off the rust from a 4 day break, and made a complete mockery of the rox. Artest and McGrady went a combined 3-22, and Yao was basically nonexistent because of Bynum's presence. Better luck next time. ..........

YES.... ACCEPTABLE
  • dman
  • Veteran
"They have a good team, but we have a better team"

Pao Gasol on the Rockets
Well the 4 games in 6 nights caught up to us, the second half vs the Lakers.
When 2 of your starters go 2-22 we deserve to lose by 29.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

You guys did have 4 games in 6 nights, but you've also been in LA since Friday morning.

Maybe T-Mac was out clubbing or something.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 10, 2008 at 12:15:18 ]

Or maybe, heres a crazy idea, we are better than you guys...the lakers are deeper and have a better unselfish starting line...
  • beefn
  • Veteran
News flash for all you Laker fans, The Rockets were playing s**tty beforethey played you. T-Mac had the flu over the LA trip(although his knee is limiting his game)! But yes you guy's are great.

[ Edited by beefn on Nov 11, 2008 at 11:58:04 ]

Originally posted by beefn:
News flash for all you Laker fans, The Rockets were playing s**tty beforethey played you. T-Mac had the flu over the LA trip(although his knee is limiting his game)! But yes you guy's are great.

Don't worry about it beefn, I have learned that Laker fans are like Yankee and Cowboy fans. Annoying as hell no matter what.
I take that back laker fans are worse, than cowboy fans.
  • beefn
  • Veteran

Don't worry about it beefn, I have learned that Laker fans are like Yankee and Cowboy fans. Annoying as hell no matter what.

Your probably right Hollywood. Kaman's being shopped around by the Clipper I say we go after him we need his size. We are just to small to compete against the bigger western teams.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

• TX9R
  • Veteran

That's a close one, they both DO feel the need to interject their team in to every discussion, I just ignore em, cuz their teams don't scare me. Rox ALWYAS start off lousy, hell all Houston teams do for some reason, but then after the all-star break come on like gangbusters, this is no different. This team just has a bunch of parts right now that aren't used to playing together and are being a little too unselfish. This will correct itself. McGrady needs to tkae a few weeks off. If he's not close to 100%, what do they hope to accomplish by playing him right now?? Also we are really missing Battier who was the glue of the defense, which hasn't looked nealry as focused and intense as last year. This is why I don't get too caught up in the NBA until January, this is pretty much pre-season until then. Landy is playing out of this world though, Scola too.
Interesting game tonight vs the suns, we should win this one, I want to see how we bounce back....
Share 49ersWebzone