LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Great all around game in a hostile environment....
Yao went 11/15 30pts 13reb....
Ron-Ron with 29pts
and Brooks off the bench with 14pts

So what's the deal with Brooks, H? Is he going to get the lions share of playing time at PG? I have Rafer on my fantasy team, and so far he's gotten me crap.

Looks like he is getting lots of minutes, he played the entire 4th quarter!!

What I need most from that spot is Assists. Is he that type of player, or is he more of a scoring threat?

Believe or not the last 50 games or so dating back to 07-08, he is averaging 16pts 7 assists, and I strongly believe if he didnt get hurt vs Utah the Rox might have won the series, he plays great def.
But these first couple of games hes putting up pedestrian numbers, might change might not, The Rox are really high on Brooks, he was the player Sac wanted in the trade but the Rox didn't give him up.
To answer your question he does try to pass more than shoot.
Ron-Ron with 29pts

So what's the deal with Brooks, H? Is he going to get the lions share of playing time at PG? I have Rafer on my fantasy team, and so far he's gotten me crap.

What I need most from that spot is Assists. Is he that type of player, or is he more of a scoring threat?

Believe or not the last 50 games or so dating back to 07-08, he is averaging 16pts 7 assists, and I strongly believe if he didnt get hurt vs Utah the Rox might have won the series, he plays great def.
But these first couple of games hes putting up pedestrian numbers, might change might not, The Rox are really high on Brooks, he was the player Sac wanted in the trade but the Rox didn't give him up.

Thanks, H. I appreciate it.

edit: So I'm assuming that this info from Yahoo Fantasy is incorrect???

Quote:

Tue, Oct 28 Brooks will miss 1-3 weeks because of a bone bruise in his right ankle.

Advice: Brooks averaged 14.4 points and 4.1 assists in seven preseason games. The Rockets' first-round draft pick in 2007, Brooks averaged 5.2 points and 1.7 assists in 51 games last season. The Rockets open the regular season against Memphis on Wednesday.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 30, 2008 at 21:36:58 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wow, great game! I was surprised at how well we kept up in the running game, then clamped down in the 4th. Shows we can play either way. Yao shows no rust, very impressive, but I still don't like so many minutes this early in the season. I think it's safe to say this is the deepest team in the league, now we just need a back up C, Landry looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how good they are after playing together for 20 games.
Ron-Ron with 29pts

Quote:

Tue, Oct 28 Brooks will miss 1-3 weeks because of a bone bruise in his right ankle.

Advice: Brooks averaged 14.4 points and 4.1 assists in seven preseason games. The Rockets' first-round draft pick in 2007, Brooks averaged 5.2 points and 1.7 assists in 51 games last season. The Rockets open the regular season against Memphis on Wednesday.

LMAO. I was reading Hollywood's post, and saying....

Brooks (who I do like, BTW) has only scored 16+ points twice in his career, and only had 7 assists....once.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
ha...

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ron-Ron with 29pts

Quote:

Brooks (who I do like, BTW) has only scored 16+ points twice in his career, and only had 7 assists....once.

I was talking about Rafer, in the above post LA
Ron-Ron with 29pts

Quote:

Ooooohh, my bad.

You boys look good, BTW. I've been recording their games (God, do I love my DVR). Artest adds a nice dimension of being able to score inside as well as hit 3's like Battier. If they're healthy, I think it's gonna be Lakers/Rockets in the WCFs, not Lakers/Hornets.
Ron-Ron with 29pts

Quote:

Ooooohh, my bad.

You boys look good, BTW. I've been recording their games (God, do I love my DVR). Artest adds a nice dimension of being able to score inside as well as hit 3's like Battier. If they're healthy, I think it's gonna be Lakers/Rockets in the WCFs, not Lakers/Hornets.

I hope so, it would be an epic clash.

Kobe vs Battier/Artest
Yao vs Pao/Bynum
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Don't forget Rafer vs Sasha so he can "and1 him" again. That was classic!
Originally posted by TX9R:
Don't forget Rafer vs Sasha so he can "and1 him" again. That was classic!

I forgot about that.....

LOL sasha

Huge early season game tonight vs the Celtics....lets go rockets....

Tough loss tonight, That offensive foul on barry with less 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter was horses**t, its ok, I guess 82-0 is over with now.
Tough loss tonight, That offensive foul on barry with less 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter was horses**t, its ok, I guess 82-0 is over with now.

I was watching...other stuff. Thoughts on the game?

I was watching...other stuff. Thoughts on the game?

We played well, but we couldnt make shots, we shot in the high 30's again, and 29% from 3 point land is not good.

Boston played good also, out rebounded us by 5.

ohhh and it didnt help that Yao went 7pts and 8 rebs.

[ Edited by Hollywood49er on Nov 4, 2008 at 21:43:13 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Yao was dominating until he got into foul trouble, 5 minutes in. Never got a rhythm after that. We got killed on the boards and that was the difference. O still looks sloppy.
Share 49ersWebzone